+ Reply to Thread

Thread: i've slept (once again)...

waxoholic relativisticus

well, well...

...that's life. and it says everything! once again my lazy/busy #ss slept on the PM Dawn! for some freakin' 1/2 year!!!! I even wonder does anyone over here ever remember me :-/ i've posted a few words on the prev. forum...

aww, but nevermind! now I'm quickly trying to "regain control" :)) browsing the site like crazy!
    but the things that bothers me most are 'bout some possible audio samples/songs that was possibly posted on the site, but then removed after a while. that's the most frustrating part of all this "sleepping" thingie...

speaking of myself. i'm as usual spending too much money on vinyl and/or equipment :]] gave away my cool pm compilations to some frustrated person, and y'know, these are "working" quite nice! I think most of you guys know pretty well the curing capabilities of PM Dawn's music ;-)

so, thats it! probably I still won't have much time to actively participate on the forum, but in any case I'll keep an eye on ya'll !!! ;))

Peace!
    sheatfish aka sams
    I'm comin from the place of peace
    Gotta keep it all together
    Change your heart and shape the weather
    Change your mind and make it betta...

[b]ummmm.......well welcome back.......equipment?.....music equipment?

waxoholic relativisticus

yeah! definately that sort of boxes :))
    just got a nice used 12U mobile rack for a "bargain" price. at least it's considered bargain over here. all US heads would probably round their eyes on our lovely local prices 8-0. you basically multiply the cost in $ by an aprox 1,7 and you'll get some pretty nice figures. and plz take into account, that the average income over here is some order of magnitude less than that of US'.

aww nevermind... I just try to keep going and only smile at all those difficulties! :)

I saw these posts about some compilation albums, but I just took a short peek and didn't figure out the idea yet. what's the deal with them? could You shed some light on this subject?

[b]were tryin to put together our own forum album, are you a dj or like what? cause as far as i know, there's no budget so samples n stuff are out.....talk to coz for the real deal

waxoholic relativisticus

oh, i see..

yeah, I'm more like a DJ, not a professional musician. and my approach is quite underground-y to say the least. and that basically means that i'll use the samples wherever i see fit...
    may main problem however is the lack of time and of some financial resources as well..

so, are you considering to release it officially then?

Intelligent Posts :11

i believe that was the plan..holla at coz...

hey were u the person who checked out aceyalone and liked book of human language..after id mentioned it?
    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

waxoholic relativisticus

--- heh, somebody still remembers... --- how nice :)))

Hi. Hero! yes, thats me again. it's been quite a long time isn't it? :))
    how is it going over here? and what's up with PM in general? i saw the tracks they produced for these other artists, but as I said, I slept on everything that's PM related :-/

I finally got these few LP's from solesides, and sometimes late in the last year I've discovered "People Under The Stairs" for me :) I know, I know, I 'sleep' on everything! i'm just constantly learning

p.s. but i thought that I mentioned acey first, when there was that talk 'bout who likes what... :))) but I could be wrong of course

Hey Tim, I think it was me who you turned on to Acey. Damn that dude flows. One of the best rappers I've ever heard. Have you heard "Accepted Ecclectic" (sp?.) If so, any good? As good as "Human Language"?

Peace
    I just don't end up where think I'm going when I start out.

[b]did anyone else see that, or am i imagining things? did chief say holla???

Hey Tim, I think it was me who you turned on to Acey. Damn that dude flows. One of the best rappers I've ever heard. Have you heard "Accepted Ecclectic" (sp?.) If so, any good? As good as "Human Language"?

Peace
    i got accepted eclectic..no where near as good as book of human language..only a few good tracks..in fact acey hasnt done anythin like abohl b4 or since then...i asked him abt that..and he said bohl was like a one-off or sumthin.. cant remember his words exactly..and sams..i like youth explosion by pppl under the stairs..have u got the solesides..well quannum/souls of mischief 12" the extravaganza..its also on their album spectrum..dope... but chris..if u wanna go back..freestyle fellowship(which aceyalone is in) thier 93 album inner city griots is dope... and a track worth downloadin on audiogalaxy is by haiku detat..non compis sumthin arother? aceys in that group 2..nice track..

waxoholic relativisticus

that's true, "..eclectic" as an album it's not as good as bofhl. but anyway, acey as an mc is just one of the greatest imvho. period. other thing is that on the bofhl all the sonic landscape was created by mumbles. and it showed. and as we see it really matters who is behind the boards. you can rock the mic perfectly, but you'll also need some good producers to back you up.
    mumbles resides on ubiquity label, so i also started checking their artists. it's really interesting mixture of quality downtempo electronic, some afro-cuban jazz and some other styles. got a bunch of 12'' from there and eventually will b gettin' more..

speaking of acey, imo also worth checking is their early freestyle fellowsip stuff (as hiero said), then "All balls Don't Boounce" by acey is a must! of course haiku d'etat. I have it. and i can say that its scores good from beginning to end, and over 50% of the time being great! and i also got that "unreleased" stuff, that's floating around the net. ripped of some old tape, but there are some real gems in there. worth checking. but now i'm digging the "rappers, rappers, rappers" from ..eclectic. nice

and both puts albums i have are also fresh, not excepcionally maybe, but anyway i relly like that early 90s type style. the latest stuf by them 'american men vol1" are also not as bad as i would expect

Intelligent Posts :11

sorry frek...you can contact cozmo about the information you are seeking. :rofl: :rofl:

that's true, "..eclectic" as an album it's not as good as bofhl. but anyway, acey as an mc is just one of the greatest imvho. period. other thing is that on the bofhl all the sonic landscape was created by mumbles. and it showed. and as we see it really matters who is behind the boards. you can rock the mic perfectly, but you'll also need some good producers to back you up.
    mumbles resides on ubiquity label, so i also started checking their artists. it's really interesting mixture of quality downtempo electronic, some afro-cuban jazz and some other styles. got a bunch of 12'' from there and eventually will b gettin' more..

speaking of acey, imo also worth checking is their early freestyle fellowsip stuff (as hiero said), then "All balls Don't Boounce" by acey is a must! of course haiku d'etat. I have it. and i can say that its scores good from beginning to end, and over 50% of the time being great! and i also got that "unreleased" stuff, that's floating around the net. ripped of some old tape, but there are some real gems in there. worth checking. but now i'm digging the "rappers, rappers, rappers" from ..eclectic. nice

and both puts albums i have are also fresh, not excepcionally maybe, but anyway i relly like that early 90s type style. the latest stuf by them 'american men vol1" are also not as bad as i would expect
    mumbles was supposed to have a beat album comin out..abohl instrumentals was released this year..rappers rappers is my fav track off accepted eclectic..aceyalone is dope live..seeing ace1 do the book of human language tracks live was awesome..they were so much better live than on cd..grandfather clock and the guidelines!!

+ Reply to Thread