+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How has P.M. Dawn helped you?

How has P.M. Dawn helped you?

For me they have provided solice through hard times. (Dearest Christian,) A boost when I needed it. (Jesus wept) A brave voice to resonate with and inspire. (Of the heart, of the soul and of the cross.) And just great music (The Bliss album...?)
    Thank you

They got me through high school, a few deaths in the family, addiction, all the times I wanted to put a gun to my head, and they were a great comort when my woman left me a few years ago. Oh, and it great road trip music.
    Wake me up at 9:45.

They've gotten me through some heart aches, dissatisfaction with life and people, and have given me faith and strength during some hard times.

"I'd like to say what's up to God"!
    Don't let them change you inside, cause anyone who matters will try to understand who you are.

When you always stay in self-incarceration...I think it's such a shame.

I made a pilgrimage to save this human race, never comprehending the race was long gone by.

they make really, really good albums about the human condition, but they don't forget about the bootay shakin singles either!

I know I've told this story before, but I'll tell it again. PM Dawn saved my life once upon a time. I've told Be this already some time ago. Driving home on my prom night at like 3 am I fell asleep at the wheel on the highway, but something woke me up. It was the faint sounds of "Paitient Eyes" on the radio. It was the first time I had ever heard it, and no the radio wasn't turned up loud..I said faint. But I woke up with my tires scrapping the guard rail doing about 75. Oddly enough even though I could see the sparks from the hubcaps on the rail I never did see any damage..good thing too, it was a rented lincoln towncar.
    Something is neither good nor bad but thinking makes it so.

I've listened to PM Dawn since Set Adrift. But it wasn't until a few years back that I devoloped the amazing appreciation that I have for the music now. I went through a pretty difficult time, and for a good half a year or more it was F*cked Music and Dearest Christian... that pulled me through. Sometimes all someone needs is for a stranger to say "yeah, I know how sh*tty that feels, look, I even wrote a song about it..."

I'll always be thankful to my brother for giving me those two albums as a gift, I couldn't imagine that time without my PM Dawn CDs.

Nothing so serious as "saving my life" but really more like "enhanced" it. I write in my spare time, and my poetry/writing style was certainly enlightened by their music.

Love, Peace, Compassion, Patience, Humility, Humanity, Sprirituality - just some of what experiencing their music evokes.

Project these feelings into the universe so that they spread and come back 'round.

- rEVOLVE

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by rEVOLVE

Love, Peace, Compassion, Patience, Humility, Humanity, Sprirituality - just some of what experiencing their music evokes.

- rEVOLVE
    Great that someone took the time to make music incorporating those things without pretention.

I ain't your sucka baby.. The_Kay_Dee's Avatar

Helped me get through the jungle of high school. The pain of unreturned love, and moving away from EVERYTHING I knew and loved....
    Music that I can relate to. something to place my problems on hold and just give in to it....
    A man is where he loves, not where he lives....

PM Dawn's first album was the spark I needed to convert from christianity to atheism... strange but true. Those lyrics were incredible.

dearest christian is a masterpiece, some of those tracks have really served as like a soundtrack to my life

I own so many CDs, but when I feel the need for something that makes me see/hear the beauty in life, I always grab P.M. Dawn. It sounds corny, but now that I think about it, it almost feels like a cleansing. It washes away all evil inside of me and I feel fresh again.

Quote Originally Posted by TrEEtheRealest
    it almost feels like a cleansing. It washes away all evil inside of me and I feel fresh again.
    yup- i totally feel u there.

I sang 'I'd die without you' on the piano with a vocal group i put together at college, at an end of term variety show, and a girl i was trying to get with started crying in the audience.... i never got with her in the end... but the power of the song, its emotion and words got to her...... the irony was, 'I'd die without you' wasn't that big in the UK, so everyone thought I had written it!!

pm dawn............helps during times of depression. Great music.

turned me friggin emo. that's not a good thing, if you ask hax..

but seriously, they were the first to ever get me through hard days (mostly my freshman and sophomore years of high school) with music. they got me through my first unrequited love and heartbreak, and i couldn't thank them enough for that. the music i listen to most today began at pm dawn. i started there and added the get up kids, bright eyes, dashboard confessional, and a lot more.

"that's pretty deep stuff. that's not, 'yo yo yippy yo yo bling bling, smack a bitch.'"
    "when i eat chicken nuggets....they don't look like they're in pain...but i believe that they were.."

DIE EMO BOY DIE!!1!!!one!!1!

I like it when they harmonized on Amnesia. SOft harmonies can put someone to sleep.

+ Reply to Thread