+ Reply to Thread

Thread: any of you get choked up by an image or something in a movie..

any of you get choked up by an image or something in a movie..

i watched the movie "the hunger" yesterday and that incredible ending with susan sarandon standing like a ghost on the balcony...the image which is shown far off looks like an apoclyptic yet serene painting and this hauntingly beautiful track plays as that image freezes as the credits roll....by the way i found out the track is "shuberts- trio in e flat" so i ended up amazoning and hunting down the soundtrack....it was a good movie but for some reason that ending especially the music keeps clicking back in my mind......ah well gothic imagery at its finest....ok herrick.....insert goths suck line here.....
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

I wasn't necesarily choked up, but the ending of "Eye of the Beholder" always gets to me as being very powerful. The music is spot on and the movie is wierd enough that the ending makes sense.
    fullamyself, sickamyself, truetamyself

I will always be myself - through the good times and the bad.

Ghost wonderful......for the aestthetic. but not the cheesy "unchained melody" song. We don't need them to play that song to know that Demi and Patrick's characters were in love. Maybe something a bit different. Another way to sell some more records to a group that white people want to make people think that they have more soul and are BETTER THAN THE TEMPTATIONS as if white people have always taught blacks what they know about music........as if they had more SOUL the any black group could ever have. Yeah The righteous brothers sound like a country band more than anything else. "White people must rule over black music and black folks in general." YEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Oh My God Becky Look at Her BUTT.....Shes just soooo black. Yeah........listen to them sing. Their is some vintage soul there. YEP!!!!!! The Negro Spiritual was rooted to white people alll along!!!!!! Yep white people sound like AL GREEN ALL THE TIME....
    I have found peace so let it continue......

rudy........ all i got to say
    America needs a Tennessee Volunteer

Quote Originally Posted by filmwizdaddy
    Ghost wonderful......for the aestthetic. but not the cheesy "unchained melody" song. We don't need them to play that song to know that Demi and Patrick's characters were in love. Maybe something a bit different. Another way to sell some more records to a group that white people want to make people think that they have more soul and are BETTER THAN THE TEMPTATIONS as if white people have always taught blacks what they know about music........as if they had more SOUL the any black group could ever have. Yeah The righteous brothers sound like a country band more than anything else. "White people must rule over black music and black folks in general." YEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Oh My God Becky Look at Her BUTT.....Shes just soooo black. Yeah........listen to them sing. Their is some vintage soul there. YEP!!!!!! The Negro Spiritual was rooted to white people alll along!!!!!! Yep white people sound like AL GREEN ALL THE TIME....
    You lost me after "White people must rule over black music and black folks in general" I THINK I feel ya!!

Ohh, and Syxx that Franz Schubert-Piano trio in E Flat
    Only thing worse than failure is not trying

thanks for the correction chuk and check out the movie if you want to see susan sarandon as a lesbian vampire...lol.....
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

my father passed away about 2 weeks before i started my freshman year of college. thats about 4 years ago now. sometimes whenever i see movies where the father gives away his daughter at her wedding...you know, it gets to me.

didn't mean for that to be a bummer or anything. i'm cool.

+ Reply to Thread