+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FROM-THE-GET-GO FAN!!! Hello all!

Fan From the Get-Go

FROM-THE-GET-GO FAN!!! Hello all!

Truly, I sit here sad that I can no longer purchase the F*cked Up CD. It may be illegal to file share over the internet, but I will drive to whatever location to burn a copy (which is still legal, mind you). I'm desperate!!

I have four favorite artists: Stevie Wonder, Indigo Girls, Vince Guaraldi, and PM Dawn. If I had to be stranded on an island with only three ... well, I'd just go ahead and shoot myself.

I am also dismayed that they seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth. Are they now like Climax Blues Band or America or the Commodores? Are they only good for re-union venues? They are, or should I say "were", one of the most creative groups I have heard in my life. Prince Be's voice is absolutely beautiful, and DJ Minute Mix's beats are, to say the least, original and fresh. But what most impressed me in the beginning was their sampling. They took "sampling" to a higher level, never to be reached again by any other artist. It never seemed like a cheap cheat, i.e. Get Jiggy With It, or that hip-hop song that sampled Every Breath You Take. No, I loved discovering that the intro to Jesus Wept sampled Figure 8 from School House Rocks, or Norwegian Wood sampled from a Sesame Street bit. They used samples to compliment their music, not cheat from it.

Funny though, my favorite album is Jesus Wept which seemed to hardly sample and only had one rap. Must be his voice and their music.

I'm so glad this site is up. I hope they bless us with another album. And if anyone can reveal to me a way I can purchase or otherwise obtain a copy of F'ed up, I throw myself at your mercy. I would just assume send P.M. Dawn the money, twice the money, three times the money for the album, in order to get a copy afterwards.

God bless you all.
    Last edited by Paisan; 03-13-2005 at 03:23 AM.

Welcome Paisan. The name of the album is "F*CKED MUSIC" and it's unavailable. Wish I could say different, but I can't.

God bless you too.
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

hey, welcome!

Hey Paisan, Welcome!
    I love the summer months!

yeah great to have you here!! enjoy your stay
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

maybe i can help

Maybe, and i mean maybe, I could schedule a time where the mp3s could be downloaded from my brothers computer. Go to WinMX and maybe i can schedule a time. I never burned the cd as mp3s though.

Quote Originally Posted by matt
    Maybe, and i mean maybe, I could schedule a time where the mp3s could be downloaded from my brothers computer. Go to WinMX and maybe i can schedule a time. I never burned the cd as mp3s though.
    No.
    I'm not signing this without my lawyer.

you mean don't do it?

Paisan, huh!!
    Only thing worse than failure is not trying

Quote Originally Posted by matt
    you mean don't do it?
    Correct my friend!!!
    You may not have noticed recently, but Prince Be of Pm Dawn is a regular member and admin of this board. And quite the advocate AGAINST sharing of mp3s -- especially his material.
    Now there's no way to prevent you from sharing the material, but announcing it in here is basically telling Pm Dawn you're stealing from them (even though the album isn't available now .

Dig?
    I'm not signing this without my lawyer.

Matt knows the deal Brian, he's Wave from the old forum. I guess his memory has grown a little cloudy.
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

Fan From the Get-Go

Yes, Matt. We shouldn't share PMDawn's music However, should there be any other files you would be so generous to share, I throw myself at your feet in gratitude. I have just now downloaded WinMX. Tell me what to do from here. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TY

+ Reply to Thread