+ Reply to Thread

Thread: happy saint pattys day

happy saint pattys day

happy saint pattys day to all of irish heritage and all who arent as well...and to the coolest irishman in new york.....ben cenac.......
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

St. Patty's day? WTF? Did I miss it?

Thanx anyway!
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

Happy St Patties Day all! Patrick is my middle name, I was baptized at St. Patricks Church and I am partially Irish... So you would think that I am getting trashed tonight. I think I am working though, but that might be better anyways.

Stay safe out there, it is amateur night.
    fullamyself, sickamyself, truetamyself

I will always be myself - through the good times and the bad.

the 1/8th irishman in me is dancing
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

No Coz, you didn't miss it. It's today!!

Happy Saint Patrick's day

there we go, just right. keep walking...

How are you celebrating, if you are?

I don't own a green thing. In honor of the day, I think I'll dig in the dirt.
    Here's hoping the mystical madness/magic of the day graces you all always!

Pieces of lore & more:
    shillelagh schtick from David Letterman:
    Top Ten Questions To Ask Yourself Before Buying A Shillelagh

10. "Do I need another Shillelagh?"

9. "Should I pay the extra ten dollars and get the Mach 3 Shillelagh?"

8. "In case I need assistance, is there a Shillelagh customer service hotline?"

7. "Used Shillelagh: Unsanitary?"

6. "What does the size of my Shillelagh say about me?"

5. "Where does John Kerry stand on Shillelaghs?"

4. "Should I hold off until the 2007 Shillelaghs arrive?"

3. "Should I just go to the yard and get a stick?"

2. "Will I get a discount if my name is Shelly?"

1. "Am I comfortable being known as 'That jackass with the Shillelagh'?"

http://www.capnwacky.com/stpats/lhos.html
    The Leprechaun Hall of Shame
    http://www.maireid.com/notes.and.samples.html
    For a taste of the celtic music and oral tradition, as stated in her header, Mairéid Sullivan singer, poet, historian, filmmaker...

Thursday is St. Patrick’s (one of the world’s most popular saints) Day when everyone wears green. Green is the color of Ray 3, the ray of Divine and Active Intelligence. Green rules the plant kingdom. Humanity’s task is to
    develop Divine Intelligence. The plant kingdom not only provides us with food and oxygen but its presence reminds us that we must unfold awareness, consciousness, and intuitive intelligence. Interestingly, St. Patrick, mystic, miracle worker and patron saint of Ireland, was almost not chosen as Bishop because his teachers thought the lacked scholarship.

Born in Scotland in 387 AD to a wealthy family, Patrick, at age sixteen, was kidnapped and taken to Ireland, land of the Druids, as a slave. Alone and afraid, he turned to God for solace. Later, as a priest in Ireland, St. Patrick taught the new Christian faith incorporating into his teachings the nature-based, Celtic, Druidic rituals.

He used the bonfire (their God was a fire) for Easter (resurrection of Life), created the Celtic Cross (image of a Sun at the center of the cross) and used the shamrock to signify the Trinity (three aspects within one Being) of
    God. These three aspects (trinity) are known as: Father, Son, Holy Spirit; Father, Child, Mother; Spirit, Consciousness, Matter; Spirit, Soul, personality; esoterically Rays 1, 2, & 3).

After his death, March 17, 460 AD, his followers wore shamrocks on his Feast Day. The Irish brought St. Patrick’s Day to Boston in 1737. Some say St. Patrick’s day has become so popular because the color green signifies the “first green” of spring after the long winter’s darkness. On St. Patrick’s day everyone’s Irish.

Readings from St. Patrick:
    I came to the Irish people to preach the Gospel and endure the taunts of unbelievers, putting up with reproaches about my earthly pilgrimage, suffering many persecutions, even bondage, and losing my birthright of freedom for the benefit of others.
    If I am worthy, I am ready also to give up my life, without hesitation and most willingly, for Christ's name. I want to spend myself for that country, even in death, if the Lord should grant me this favor.
    It is among that people that I want to wait for the promise made by him, who assuredly never tells a lie. He makes this promise in the Gospel: "They shall come from the east and west and sit down with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob."

This is our faith: believers are to come from the whole world.

from the Confession of Saint Patrick
    Christ shield me this day:
    Christ with me,
    Christ before me,
    Christ behind me,
    Christ in me,
    Christ beneath me,
    Christ above me,
    Christ on my right,
    Christ on my left,
    Christ when I lie down,
    Christ when I arise,
    Christ in the heart of every person who thinks of me,
    Christ in every eye that sees me,
    Christ in the ear that hears me
    Saint Patrick, from his breastplate

Also: http://allaboutirish.com/library/ide...ereotypes.shtm
    Irish Stereotypes
    Which is why a good story is indicative of how we all bleed red baby.
    http://www.oraculartree.com/danu.html
    or Tuatha Dé Danann (peoples of the goddess Danu) similarities in French Celtic origin and Hinduism (goddess of waters by the same name/creation story) Whether or not you believe that all Nations were created from the same descendents, an accepted belief until 19th century, is but one story of the world as one once.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Noah
    Danu's Dream of forgetting who we are, yet once we knew we are all one.
    Or for another version "the gift of rhythm and blood" peruse the celtic folklore found on Spiritwinds.
    http://groups.msn.com/Spiritwinds/ce...on=get_threads

My Grandpa Walsh, from Dorchester, MA, first generation Irish-American, was big on telling us about our heritage. Taking us to Church, then doing the rounds with family always bringing donuts or something. sooooo the stick was in their kitchen. "Pompe" with the bucks, for ice cream of course, was a mix of contrasts. The good shined, while the difficult was ignored. (Barking bigot who would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it.) Lots of stories there, but I won't bore you with them. What I learned was to rise above adversity instead of two tears in a bucket. The stories were a bonding part of being in my grandparent's kitchen. How much was wistful or reality didn't matter, as much as, the love with which they told the tales. (For the record, I love God. I respect all religions to a point, don't prescribe to one, but pieces of wisdom from them all. Feuds, shaking of the stick, revenge and enemies is not something I really understand or do I want to.)

Cool stuff & have fun! Oh, and be proud of who you are.
    Last edited by humanity_Sin_egma; 12-06-2005 at 09:46 AM.
    The Father's letter is for you. His ways are higher than ours. It takes time to grow a seed and bear good fruit. Rebuke the devourer. The battle is the Lord's and He will be victorious.

If that makes me crazy then that's okay.
    Reverence for the Father and his instructions outweighs all else.
    In all directions, love one another give us grace for agreement with Your will.
    Leaving all else behind us.
    I love you God; show me the real truth not idols.
    Pleading the blood on life and the world all over.
    so be it.

1/4 irish over here. But I don't own anything green either. In celebration of this day, my fiance and I are going to... REORGANIZE OUR FILING CABINET!!! Yay! Oh, wait, that blows. Hmm, maybe at least we can have a drink or two while we do that...
    I just don't end up where think I'm going when I start out.

+ Reply to Thread