+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My little Vent of the week

My little Vent of the week

feel free to add your professional bitch sessions here,
    heres mine..
    i work with people with autism / learning difficulties..
    worked in UK for 2 years in the field for a little company(only two branches) and saw some pretty intense stuff (it was all secure unit stuff, lots of violence and verbal abuse)..
    so now im back in australia and working for a company that is the biggest in the region with donations of millions each year from the government, they have 13 buildings in my city alone.. so im driving 2 work some overtime at a residential with two male clients, one has just learning difficulties and the second is a 6'2 muscular guy with severe autism and limited speech who reacts to the word "no" by knocking out the person who said it to him, im halfway to work and i see him running up a main road, laughing dripping with sweat and carrying a teddy bear!!

im not insured to take him in the car i was driving and not allowed by the company so i drove straight to the workplace 2 find out whats happening, the lady i was taking over from was hysterical with panic, we got in her car took the other resident there in the car cause he cant be left alone and set off to find him, our manager also followed in his car..

we found him over the other side of the city .. some serious marathon type stuff it was several miles away.. we repeatedly pulled over to tell him to come home.. You probably all know a bit about autism.. the guy is very obsessional about things being the same every day so i tried to play that card and told him his clothes were ready to be brought in from outside and that it was afternoon tea time.. i got drowned out by the lady who lost him.. telling him to come and get a drink of coke.. offering him stuff! he ignored it all ran into a shop and emerged with a bunch of stolen toys and bottles of drink.. SO my manager again drowned me out from trying to get him in the car.. and offerered him MC DONALDS!!

this guy had basically done everything he wanted to do and was already walking to the car as im pretty sure he just walked across the city cause he was sick of his old teddy bear and wanted to steal new toys.. but they said they would take him for mcdonalds..

SO he gets the biggest meal available and a ride home plus the right to keep the stuff he stole.. and the other resident who behaved himself.. GETS NOTHING..

how retarded is this ??? i was fuming.. the next time he feels like walking out into the community (who he is a danger to !!) he knows he can take what he wants, get a ride home AND a take away meal to wave in the face of the other resident..

Hiero.. im looking into autism related jobs near melbourne now cause Queensland is far behind !! NSW and VIC are advanced apparently.. but i did hear Bracks tried to slash disability funding a few weeks back...

Any one else work with idiots??
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

the disability sector down here is severely fucked up! i was talking to this woman the other day..her son man had sum problems and used to beat her up n everything..and basically the government wont take them..or care for them..cause theres no room..and huge waiting lists..so they basically advised her to just drop this guy off outside the place..that was the only way..she had to like abandon him..but she couldnt do it..it was pretty fucked up story..in other news the health minister used to be my teacher @ uni..taught me this politics class..she is a real idiot!! thick as hell..and she gave me a distinction for sum of the biggest load of crap ive ever written..so melbourne is not looking good..
    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

wow.. it gets better .. haha .. doesnt sound good!!
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

but its a good place to live anyway ha
    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

My youngest son is classified as borderline autistic.
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

I hope it actually turns out to be a good thing for him Coz.. I mean in the sense that he could find something he is really devoted to and enjoys doing..
    The things some people can do as a result of having mild autism can be amazing.
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

He's been DJing since he was 7...he's 15 now and is much better than most of the adult DJs that I know.
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

Warrior of Love Rumi_Philosophie's Avatar

Etherspin wrote: the second is a 6'2 muscular guy with severe autism and limited speech who reacts to the word "no" by knocking out the person who said it to him, im halfway to work and i see him running up a main road, laughing dripping with sweat and carrying a teddy bear!!

in another sense it was a bit of action for a change.. this job is boring but in the uk we had police coming in with riot shields to help out when things got so bad someone had to be moved on.. big fights to break up.. disarming people.. got a few little injuries here and there.. chest scratched open.. both arms sprained, neck injuries.. running round the units when someone yelled for help..running through farms and back alleys to track down escaped residents . adrenaline pumping stuff
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumi_Philosophie
    Etherspin wrote: the second is a 6'2 muscular guy with severe autism and limited speech who reacts to the word "no" by knocking out the person who said it to him, im halfway to work and i see him running up a main road, laughing dripping with sweat and carrying a teddy bear!!

NOMINATION.....just my type!..slip me the digits..
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

+ Reply to Thread