+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Listen up!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Johny Fever
    oh...and i really have some BAAAD Farts right now....."oofff"....
    And what else is new...
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

did someone say something about off-topic?

Yeah, "waking life" is a very good movie.
    fullamyself, sickamyself, truetamyself

I will always be myself - through the good times and the bad.

Brian Haynes
    Catholic after 11 years of searching.
    getting ready to hit 30
    Live in east TN, kingsport (if you know nascar bristol. down the road)
    im something mom is Cherokee, dad is white. I can own free land, don't need it, don't want it.
    went to School on a music scholarship playing percusion drank my way through the first sem and left.
    I have 2 sisters that are twins
    I am married wth one amazing 7 month son
    job network/system admin for isp/clec
    love discovery channel and anything historical relating to religion.
    i pray alot.
    never really had a bad childhood just your average kid. Got ran over by a drunk driver at age 10 had my leg redone was told not to play football again but i played for another 6 years (paying for it now)
    I am abit demented I love horror and anything that has to do with deamons.
    I drive a red hearse its my 4th hearse.
    I fliped over the Jesus Wept album came at the perfect time in my life.
    lst book i read Malachi Martin: Keys of this Blood
    current book Malachi Martin: Windswept House
    fav movie Rudy It makes every man cry.
    fav mood cd disintigration the cure.
    retro things im into at the moment living color. soup dragons. jesus jones.
    America needs a Tennessee Volunteer

jesus jones man i loved them back in the day
    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Johny Fever
    Im black, and I hate me some whiteys.....
    Before anyone gets any funny ideas, Chief is the whitest black dude you will ever see.

He's so white that we consider him a redneck. Beer, busted up car jackedup on bricks in the front yard and all.

(oh yeah, that and the fact he's really white, but hey, no one is perfect [remember I'm white too ] )

there we go, just right. keep walking...

they have some great new stuff
    America needs a Tennessee Volunteer

Quote Originally Posted by eternals layre
    they have some great new stuff
    yeah actually i looked em up about 3 months ago and realised theyve still been releasing albums..i wanted to check out their latest..
    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

Quote Originally Posted by HieroHero
    yeah actually i looked em up about 3 months ago and realised theyve still been releasing albums..i wanted to check out their latest..
    I loved Jesus Jones back in the day too Glad to know they are still hangin in there, I'll have to check them out.
    Don't let them change you inside, cause anyone who matters will try to understand who you are.

When you always stay in self-incarceration...I think it's such a shame.

I made a pilgrimage to save this human race, never comprehending the race was long gone by.

Warrior of Love Rumi_Philosophie's Avatar

Is this introduction or Confession?

Anyway,

I am Imani,I am a black woman and proud...No I am an African woman and Proud.

I am 24years old with a bachelors in anthropology about to go for my Masters. I currently reside in a shelter cuz I don't know how to save money nor have a found a job that I can hold onto,and I am a serious dreamer.

I am in love with a man who is not about to be tied down, He is the first black man I have ever been with and he inspired a love in me for the country of Mali which has a desert,my ideal climate. So now I am a Harlem girl who is now and forever an unofficial citizen of Timbuktu.

I can't make up my mind if I want to be Muslim or practice African traditonal Religion or both so I just practice a little of the two.

I like music. Mali: wassoulou,Tuareg,Ali Farka Toure. Mauritanian,Moroccan,esp Gnawa. Indian classical,world fusion,rock,Rnb,pop,jazz and blues. Oumou Sangare,Sade,Tori Amos,Live,Fional Apple,Josephine Baker,Tartit,Tracey Chapman,Cassandra Wilson,Billie Holiday, Sophie B Hawkins,Beth Hart,John Lee Hooker,Habib Koite,Hassan Hakmoun,PM Dawn. Just to name a few.(See I don't hate all white people)

I like reading. African literature,Greek Tragedy,Fairytales, poetry,philosophy,anthropology. Rumi,Descartes,Marx,Marquis de Sade, Camara Laye,Flora Nwapa,Buchi Emecheta,Chiekh Anta Diop,etc.

I like dance. African dance frees my soul and forces me to take pride in my plus sized body.

I like singing,though not that good but I can hold my notes better than ever.I esp love singing in languages I don't speak.

I want to learn Bambara,perfect my French and Spanish and learn Yoruba esp how to make those explosive "b"'s and "p"'s.

My one true art is writing poetry which is part confession.part catharsis.I won a high school award for two of my poems while everyone else won for only 1.

I want to do a genealogy of my family because all I know is that I am African American and that my mother was from North Carolina. I don;t know who my real father was nor my complete roots as everyone keeps telling me that I must be mixed since I am "light-skinned" with a kinda straight nose and high cheekbones. My mother was lighter than me with a different hair texture too.I would also like to know where in Africa did my ancestors first come from.I read that NC had many of the slaves from Angola.But I am hoping for Mali or Guinea because I want to be Bambara.:-)Well wherever they came from I will appreciate and respect that.

Okay so that is all for now about me.

My name is Alix.

I am female. Alix is a girl's name and not short for anything.

I am one of Psychoman's younger sisters.

I am 23.

I am in my fourth year of university, hoping that they will let me graduate in the spring.

I am trying to get a Joint-Honours degree in History and German.
    Like Psychoman, I had a pretty good childhood, marred only slightly by my own weird psychosis...until I was 11, and then things started to suck a little more than usual.

Also, just like Psychoman, I tend to lurk more than post.

I live in Ontario, Canada.

I lived in Germany for a year when I was 21. It was possibly the best year of my life.

I met my best friend in Germany, a French-Canadian from the east coast...and have been trying ever since to convince myself that I am not in love with him. He is living in Germany still with the love of his life...a girl who continually mistreats him and has so far threatened to leave him 5 times...and I hate her, for obvious reasons.

My love life is non-existant. According to my friends and some drunken strangers, I am too "intimidating."

I am a member of my own religion which is yet to be defined, but has something to do with quantum physics.

I've applied to do my masters in history next year, mainly because I have no idea what to do with my life. From kindergarten through to highschool my only ambition in life was to go to university, and I've done that.

I have never had a "real" job in my life. My student loans are amazingly large. One of these days I'm really going to have to face facts and start earning money.

I can speak German, and I am currently trying to learn Irish (just for fun). I foolishly took a french course this year, only to rediscover why I dropped it in highschool. Je ne parle pas francais.

All in all, I think I live a pretty sweet life.

Time?

Quote Originally Posted by sdldawn
    Oh yeah, I Dig Elmo
    Yeah, I get Elmo now. I love him. I'm gonna find me one and sleep with it every night. That's my goal today. To find an Elmo. I'm getting out the yellow pages now.

I'm Terrick
    I'm 19
    Nobody really likes me
    This is the last forum I still visit regularly
    It took me 18 years to get a girlfriend, whom I can only afford to visit once a year (thank god for wendy's cups)
    I work for $5.15 an hour at the IU Bookstore at Indiana University
    I spend most of my time in my bedroom because all of my old friends made new dorm friends this year
    I'm drug, smoke, and alcohol free, but sometimes I'm pretty sure I have an ebay addiction.
    I don't like school. Not even college.
    I'm currently trying to experiment with my head and teach myself how to control my dreams
    It's Michelle's fault that I'm on this forum. Otherwise I'd be on OKP and wouldn't even listen to pm dawn.
    Ben Folds is my hero
    I suck at everything

"that's pretty deep stuff. that's not, 'yo yo yippy yo yo bling bling, smack a bitch.'"
    "when i eat chicken nuggets....they don't look like they're in pain...but i believe that they were.."

can

I am Can,
    Short for Candice
    I am 23
    I wait tables at ruby tuesdays
    a Sophmore in college
    My major was BIS, now it is CIS
    I love going to school now, cause i actually pay attention.
    i strive to maintain at least a 3.5 gpa
    I am sainthax's better half
    the middle of three children, second oldest of 4 step siblings
    My father is Deaf, and i have spoken sign language since before i could talk
    I live to laugh, love to live
    Music is the passion that drives me, home, car, work, sleep, eat
    all involve music, and have a soundtrack.
    I sing (badly) in my car
    i play the clarinet, flute, guitar (badly) and a little piano, and a little trumpet.
    i dream of one day bieng able to play the violin
    i can moonwalk...
    My fav shows are CSI, unwrapped, family guy, and the simpsons
    I am afraid of horses and clowns, and i laugh at clowns on horses.
    i collect old stamps, and coins from around the world.
    I live with my parents.

Damn. I'm glad this thread was resurrected.

My real name is Mariah. I was named after the same song as Mariah Carey (They call the wind Mariah from Paint your wagon), and I hate her because I felt more unique before she ruined my name.

I am 27.

I study colonial american history. I love what I do.

I'm the oldest of 2 kids (1 younger brother)

My parents came from abusive homes and recreated it. My mom used me as as a parental substitute, and I haven't had a relationship with my dad for nearly a decade. But I've had enough therapy now where I might change that soon.

I was molested when I was 6 by a teacher.

I am afraid of insects.

I have two cats who I love more than anything in the world.

I am very spiritual, and practice something akin to Santaria, with my own theological twists.

I am an artist. My avatar is one of my paintings.

I have no friends from HS. I felt like they always saw me as who I was and not who I am.

I have one best friend that I talk to probably 5 nights a week on the phone.

I've had 23 different jobs ranging from construction to retail to nude modeling for art classes to working for the relay service for the deaf to doing makeup on movie sets and a bunch more I'm not even going to bother mentioning.

I've moved 27 times in my life, so I've never really had a home.

I've almost given up on love. I've discovered dating in NYC is really hard, and it seems like all the men I meet define "girlfriend" as someone they ignore for weeks at a time. I'm at the point where I really want to settle down, but the men I meet make me feel like that's an impossible dream. So I'm very lonely, even though I'm often surrounded by people.

I've done a lot of hard work over the last few years in changing myself, and I'm really proud of the work I've done. At the same time, I'm sometimes frustrated that improving my self-esteem and getting over my issues has in some ways made life harder instead of easier.

Overall, I wouldn't change my life for anything.
    “Sometimes we just need someone to show us something we can’t see for ourselves.”

Since I last posted in here almost a year ago.

• On New Years morning of 2005, I woke up realizing that I was going to have to do something if I was done starting each day crying.
    • Later that month, I broke up with my lover of ten years.
    • That Feburary, I was given a raise.
    • That April, I moved into my own place.
    • Early that summer, I ended up dating a gentleman brute who I remain quite fond of and who takes up about half of my weekends right now.
    • My mother had a stroke later that summer. I spend almost half my weeknights doing homecare at her place.
    That's really about it for now.
    "Uncertain emotions force an ... uncertain smile." - The The

My name is Wendy

I am going to be 33 for two more weeks

I have been drinking since the age of 4 (yes, 4)

I love dancing and going to concerts and clubs

Soca and reggae are my favorite types of music to dance to

I've been to at least 150 concerts, the first ever being Neil Diamond, the lastest being Damian Marley and Pitbull.

I have an older sister who moved out of my mom's house at the age of 9 to live with my dad. She is now 35 and still doesn't talk to my mom.

I have 3 older Jewish stepbrothers and a beautiful 'jappy' stepmother.

My mom is a recluse with 0 friends.

My dad is a self-made millionaire who, immediately after retiring, had a bad accident and is now in a wheelchair.

I have a son who is absolutely gorgeous; at least, that's what every god damn person screams at me.

My son's mix is: Jamaican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, Dominican, Sioux Indian, Norwegian, German, and Irish. He has no race but he does have a Jewfro.

People often think my son is my brother.

I've been trying to find a doctor to tie my tubes since I was 20. I've finally found one! Now I just need to grow some balls and just do it.

I've tried to commit suicide at least 4 times.

By the age of 15, I ended up in a mental institution for about 4 months.

I've been arrested and jailed a few times.

I once sent my bikini pic to a friend who was in jail so that he could pass it around in return for snacks and favors.

I punched that friend in the eye and made it black when he finally got out of prison ( 11 years later). Payback for being stupid enough to get caught committing a fucked up crime.

My bf is 12 years younger than me.

I sing all the time. It seems to relax others. My voice can be absolutely beautiful but some days, it's just horrible.

I haven't been single since I was 16.

Coz making me a mod scares the hell out of me.
    Last edited by wendyful04; 01-20-2006 at 12:46 AM.

I'm Moe
    I'm 15 i live in minnesota i'm a sophmore in high school
    I'm of persian decent
    Acording to tests i've taken i'm "very superior" but my gpa is 0.7 so yes the school system is currupt.
    I've come to terms that everything is questionable.
    I belive that subliminal messaging is destroying our youth, and trying to lower population. (Crazy? exactly.)
    I often try to figure out who i am,it is possible that who i think i am is just all the mumbling that i do to myself constantly, but i hope to one day conciusly figure out my uncuncius self..Or somehow feel myself all at once. (hah)
    I'm known to be pretty funny i guess but in a smart way.
    My dad had a stroke when i was about 10 he has not been able to speak or work since then.
    This was hard to deal with and i became a trouble maker and this was around 9/11 in 6th grade a few kids giving a hard time to me because i happen to have middle eastern features made me tweak and i was sent to a school filled with rednecks and drug adicts etc. I knew i didnt fit i felt like i was the only normal person there. To this day it makes me sick how the adults treated kids there...Swearing to me in a non related to school manner when they knew i was a child. That was when i decided for sure that adults arent that different then teens.
    I look at how many people are on this earth and i feel that if even i'm rich whats the point of being just another human. Madision square garden video footage gets to be deep, i see so many people walking to work..true in between then have family,freind fun sex kids etc...but it is not getting what can easily be gotten out of life...but then again i don't know how to get the most out of life just know i should do it.
    They say youth is wasted on the young..I guess i'm wasting it while i'm aware of it.
    I only see myself in music i hope to make my mother and family proud because i've been known as the failure in the family despite the fact that i see things about people that gets them freaked out.Nowadays that is all i think about and it is very frustrating because i feel like i make 0 progression. I guess i have the natural ability to read people .. it is hard to explain.. the english vobabulary is limited big time...intentionailly? hmmm maybe.

I like being interveiwed so ask if you are so interested heh.

Now you know as much about this animal as i do :-)
    www.moerockmusic.com

PM Dawn for life.

• My name is Damien, but I prefer to be called DJ.
    • I am 33 years old (for another month, anyway)
    • Was an art major in college
    • No longer consider myself an artist
    • I'm a follower of Jesus, whom I believe to be the Son of God, but I avoid referring to myself as "Christian", because a lot of very hateful people carry that name, and rather than associate myself with them, I just let them have the name.
    • I try to read some of the Bible every day.
    • I'm either the saddest happy guy I know, or the happiest sad guy I know.
    • I laugh out loud almost every day. Almost as often, I just want everything and everyone to go away.
    • Never married, no kids
    • I am black, but besides my family, I grew up among mostly whites. Both worlds can claim pieces of me, but I don't feel that I really fit in with either. I feel alienated every day, no matter where I am.
    • I love women, but I don't think that women in general really want much to do with me. I've never had much of a love life.
    • I wish I didn't care that women generally don't want much to do with me
    • I am an only child.
    • My parents divorced when I was three years old.
    • I love my mother.
    • I love my father, but I don't get along with him.
    • I don't get along with people who don't know how to laugh.
    • My grandfather was my primary male role model; not my father.
    • I consider myself as having four parents; my two stepparents earned the status of full-fledged parents.
    • I think too much.
    • I have a habit of considering possible consequences before I do things. This means that I have a very high degree of impulse control, but it also means that I generally lack spontaneity.
    • I like to write.
    • I'm reasonably smart, but my brain is slow, so I come off as much dumber in a realtime conversation than I do in writing.
    • I was a phone representative in the late 90s, and as a result, I still dislike phones.
    • I like solitude.
    • The worst feeling I know is when I've let someone down who was depending on me-- myself included.
    • I'm deeply curious and deeply skeptical
    • I'm a smartass.
    • I hate lies. I get angry at myself when I lie, even if the intent of the lie was to protect someone's feelings.
    • When I have the choice, I choose circumvention over confrontation.
    • I know a lot of nice things about myself, but I don't say a lot of nice things about myself.
    • I love to listen to other people's ideas, in the hopes that I will hear something that I've never thought of.
    • I am not a leader, nor am I a follower.
    • I don't trust a lot of people. I don't believe that anyone is particularly out to get me; I just think that most people are careless and stupid. If I am harmed by accident, I'm no less in pain than if I am harmed on purpose
    • People often assume from first impression that I am aloof or inaccessible. They are very surprised to find otherwise if they take the time to talk to me.
    • I feel things very deeply, but I keep a poker face most of the time, so it doesn't show.
    • I have intentionally omitted several pertinent pieces of information from this list.
    Last edited by Wheeljak; 01-21-2006 at 04:29 AM.
    "What, Wheeljak? You fell in that open manhole?
    How is that possible?
    I posted 'CAUTION: OPEN MANHOLE' on my Facebook page!"

nice bio dj wheel

I just had a breakthrough about Moe.

Nice to meet you, Wheeljak.

+ Reply to Thread