+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Zoloft SUX!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eternals layre
    A doctor at a college campus is giving free physicalls for one week only. Early in the week a girl comes into his office, and the doctor asks her to remove her shirt. The girl proceeds and the doctor immiedietly notices the girl has a large A in the middle of her chest. The doctor asks how did you get that A on your chest. The girl responds by saying that her boyfriend goes to the univeristy of Alabama and when we make love he likes to keep his lettermans jacket on. The doctor finds this rather strange, but just shrugs it off. A little later that week he sees another girl and when she removed her shirt the doctor noticed a large I in her chest. The doctor asks how did you get that I in your chest. The girl tells the doctor that her boyfriend goes to the university of Iowa and when we have sex he likes to keep his lettermans jacket on. The doctor than begins to wonder if all college students keep their lettermans jacket on during intercourse. Even later that week another young women comes in and removes her shirt. Sure enought there is a large W carved into the womens chest. The doctor quickly asks, let me guess your boy friend goes to Wisconsin, the girl replies no, my girlfriend goes to Minnesota.

I'm in TEARS over here!!!!!
    I'm not signing this without my lawyer.

I ain't your sucka baby.. The_Kay_Dee's Avatar

Hiero
    You are almost correct. Deppression has been classified as a medical condition. So is bad breath, frequent urination, acne, hyperactivity etc, etc..... Anything that make a person different from the social acceptable "Norm" theres a pill or injection for it. Try this. Go to you Dr., tell him you feel sad. Nothing more. 80% of the time you will walk out with a prescription for an anti-depressant.
    I understand that most of the problem with depression is mental.
    If you give in to this, it WILL take you.
    I felt better after removal from zoloft, because I realized that no matter what the Doc gave me it was going to "Make ME Not Me."
    Things could have gone MUCH worse and I saw that, but when I got a breath of fresh air so to speak, The things I had done weren't me at all.
    I decided that whatever my problems were the lil' pills they gave me probably weren't going to make shit better. Just make me not care as much or put me in jail for capping a bunch of people. I went on Escapro also. It was much, much diferent from Zoloft, and I did feel better for a short while.
    Then I realized again that I was NOT coping with life in my own way. I was allowing the pills to do it. I stopped taking it all and I began to talk. To friends. (Here). I felt like an ass the first time I told a person how I felt, because I was under the impression I would alienate my friends due to my wild or "off beat" rantings. You feel the way you do, any friend will accept that and offer you a place to be you regardless. You CAN suddenly be happy. (Manic depression Manic= high
    depression= low.) It is a part of the cycle of depression. IT HITS REALLY REALLY HARD, high or low. I still have times where I feel like death is a good friend, but I look at the shots I fired into the guys truck, and I post a joke here. I haven't taken a pill in a few years. I am in Medical School now, and not only I, but most of my instructors agree that the pills are not as helpful as they are touted. (They are Doctors not just instructors, and since they donot practice private medicine they no longer have to be careful of the contracts rules that the Physicians in practice must obey or face losing $$$$$$, thusly can speak of the ill effects of said medications.) Prozac causes suicide. Zoloft aggression.
    escapro hyperactivity. This is why I reccommend that Be not take the zoloft. Because as you said, " i know we all wanna see be get better because the irony is he's helped a lot of people in dark places with his music..so if we can do anythin 2 help him in return we'll do it." My medical and personal experience says I gotta speak up.
    Looking for the #'s on how many people experience these effects is mostly useless. The companies that make these drugs, DONOT have to publish any statistics they don't wanna. And the trials are mostly BULLSH*T.
    200 people take the drug for 1 year. Noone kills anyone= safe. SELL IT! Someone kills somebody= shut down project, Identify aggressive, anti-social, psychotic, suicidal or otherwise problematic behavior in the violating subject then blame the action taken on Serious psychotic tendencies that were "Undetectable", settle out of court and add a Non-disclosure clause and focus attention on the few that benefitted from thier usage. SELL IT!There is at this very moment a class action suit against the makers of Zoloft for this Very reason.
    St. johns wort. GOOD. Lithium Good. Man made antidepressants= bad.
    Oh yeah, most older persons are being given anti-deppressants without need.
    If you were 70 and your wife died wouldn't you be a tad depressed?
    If you were waking up everyday to aching joints, crime, and a system of socail security and medicaid/medicare that pays enough to allow you to buy food or medication, but NOT both wouldn't you be a tad depressed? The pills won't fix that.
    Good legislation will. See?

Quote Originally Posted by HieroHero
    its funny how the world works ..hey kay dee after reading this i went and watched the news and the 2nd story was about this guy who was like 70 years old and on anti depressants and there was this huge road rage incident where he tried to kill this guy in his street.. he thought it was this guy who had kept drivin down his street harassin him or sumthin and the victim had never been there b4.. the thing is depression is a medical condition..its not like you can suddenly be happy and you are out of it.. i know we all wanna see be get better because the irony is he's helped a lot of people in dark places with his music..so if we can do anythin 2 help him in return we'll do it
    A man is where he loves, not where he lives....

a few more tidbits

k, let's clear up a few things on the APA's DSM IV scale. It's a tool not an absolute. (They have revised the edition. Once upon a time, homosexuality was seen as a dysfunction.) Psychology started out as the study of the soul, but is now considered a Science with diagnoses, etiology, behavioral, biological, environmental factors, & researchable data. Even then, there are different schools of thought like Erikson, Skinner, Piaget .... Take it with a grain of salt 'cause the human spirit is a factor. Treating depression is a bit different than treating bi-polar disease.
    Resource for pill side effects can be found here: Drugs
    Everyone's body chemistry is different, so everyone has different reactions to drugs. There's the spin on that enchilada.
    For instance, I have brain cancer and seizures, so I take an anti-seizure drug that gives me headaches plus. Go figure, but it's better than the alternative. blah blah blah
    Want to help, then check out this: BiPolar
    How you can help
    This is for u Be:
    DBSA
    You are not alone; good luck with your struggle!
    Oh, glimpsing into a bit of you through your words tells us all you are a Beautiful spirit. ROCK ON & kick this mother in the a ss
    The Father's letter is for you. His ways are higher than ours. It takes time to grow a seed and bear good fruit. Rebuke the devourer. The battle is the Lord's and He will be victorious.

If that makes me crazy then that's okay.
    Reverence for the Father and his instructions outweighs all else.
    In all directions, love one another give us grace for agreement with Your will.
    Leaving all else behind us.
    I love you God; show me the real truth not idols.
    Pleading the blood on life and the world all over.
    so be it.

Humanity,
    Treating depression is not much different than treating a manic- depressive disorder. The APA scale is a tool yes. You stated the same thing I did. Everyone is different. I do know 1 person who actually benefits from taking an anti-depressant. The problem is, he takes Zoloft to treat pre-mature ejaculation NOT depression.
    In the medical community Homosexuality is STILL viewd as a dysfunction by most. Research into a "Homosexual" gene is still ongoing. Why? If it is a gene, it can be treated with gene therapy. Treating depression is not all that different than treating a bi polar disorder. Treating brain cancer is MUCH different than treating depression. The side effects of the pills used in the treatment of depression usually outweigh the benefits. (The reason for the lawsuit.) I was dumped into a counseling session or two for my own depression, and a couple for research here at school. Most of us were pretty normal people. When I say normal. I mean 10 fingers/toes. 2 arms/ legs. etc,etc...... The only discernable abnormality was that a bunch of healthy adults were sitting around telling drug horror stories and feeling sorry that we had been afflicted by this "terrible and debilitating disease".
    The only people there that had no horror stories were the people on Lithium.
    I think that was due to the fact that lithium is not a man-made drug.
    On the schools of psychology..... NO MAN CAN TELL YOU HOW YOU SHOULD BE. PERIOD. From Erikson to freud, yes they may have been brilliant, but EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. Look at it this way, If you bought a Brand new car and it broke down 2 months after you bought it, and you took it back and discovered that 80% or so of the people that bought this same car had the same problem. Then a person you respect and would not want to be taken for a ride was purchasing the same vehicle, would you not warn them of your personal experience and the observations? The point of my statement was to try and get Be to look into alternatives besides these drugs. From my own personal experience and observations PLUS the opinion of 3-4 Doctors here at school.
    Have you attended medical school?

Quote Originally Posted by humanity_Sin_egma
    k, let's clear up a few things on the APA's DSM IV scale. It's a tool not an absolute. (They have revised the edition. Once upon a time, homosexuality was seen as a dysfunction.) Psychology started out as the study of the soul, but is now considered a Science with diagnoses, etiology, behavioral, biological, environmental factors, & researchable data. Even then, there are different schools of thought like Erikson, Skinner, Piaget .... Take it with a grain of salt 'cause the human spirit is a factor. Treating depression is a bit different than treating bi-polar disease.
    Resource for pill side effects can be found here: Drugs
    Everyone's body chemistry is different, so everyone has different reactions to drugs. There's the spin on that enchilada.
    For instance, I have brain cancer and seizures, so I take an anti-seizure drug that gives me headaches plus. Go figure, but it's better than the alternative. blah blah blah
    Want to help, then check out this: BiPolar
    How you can help
    This is for u Be:
    DBSA
    You are not alone; good luck with your struggle!
    Oh, glimpsing into a bit of you through your words tells us all you are a Beautiful spirit. ROCK ON & kick this mother in the a ss

Dammit, We Need Some More Smilies!!!
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

we need a zoloft smilie!
    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

Yeah. Make it a blue smile with a big ass gun and wide paranoid eyes.......
    Quote Originally Posted by HieroHero
    we need a zoloft smilie!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Kay_Dee
    Humanity,
    Treating depression is not much different than treating a manic- depressive disorder. The APA scale is a tool yes. You stated the same thing I did. Everyone is different. I do know 1 person who actually benefits from taking an anti-depressant. The problem is, he takes Zoloft to treat pre-mature ejaculation NOT depression.
    In the medical community Homosexuality is STILL viewd as a dysfunction by most. Research into a "Homosexual" gene is still ongoing. Why? If it is a gene, it can be treated with gene therapy. Treating depression is not all that different than treating a bi polar disorder. Treating brain cancer is MUCH different than treating depression. The side effects of the pills used in the treatment of depression usually outweigh the benefits. (The reason for the lawsuit.) I was dumped into a counseling session or two for my own depression, and a couple for research here at school. Most of us were pretty normal people. When I say normal. I mean 10 fingers/toes. 2 arms/ legs. etc,etc...... The only discernable abnormality was that a bunch of healthy adults were sitting around telling drug horror stories and feeling sorry that we had been afflicted by this "terrible and debilitating disease".
    The only people there that had no horror stories were the people on Lithium.
    I think that was due to the fact that lithium is not a man-made drug.
    On the schools of psychology..... NO MAN CAN TELL YOU HOW YOU SHOULD BE. PERIOD. From Erikson to freud, yes they may have been brilliant, but EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. Look at it this way, If you bought a Brand new car and it broke down 2 months after you bought it, and you took it back and discovered that 80% or so of the people that bought this same car had the same problem. Then a person you respect and would not want to be taken for a ride was purchasing the same vehicle, would you not warn them of your personal experience and the observations? The point of my statement was to try and get Be to look into alternatives besides these drugs. From my own personal experience and observations PLUS the opinion of 3-4 Doctors here at school.
    Have you attended medical school?
    Hiya Kay Dee:
    Hmmmmnnnn, my reply was not meant to confront you or offend you; I'm sorry. Good points there. Agreed that different perspectives can only help Be in his quest for tackling this. My comments were not personally directed towards you.

The different schools of thought are just another way to reach out and help people. Some work for some, while others need a different approach. You're right, I really don't know. They are representative of behavioural approaches to modify a person's approach. Drug therapies alone don't work. Is it group therapy, individual or socio-emotional/educational? Just a ponderance here.

No, I have not attended medical school, but have taken ab., gen. and life development psych. classes. My goal was to become a physical therapist. So I'm no authority, however I have a Mom and daughter, 19, that were hospitalized for major depression/dsythemia. Prozac worked for my Mom, while my daughter has yet to find something that works for her. She suffers from alcoholism too. Both diseases are said to be influenced by the hypothalmus region of the brain. A close friend was diagnosed with manic-depression and was put on lithium. However, her levels went unchecked and she developed a thyroid condition. (this was under the care of a psychiatrist) Counselors, psychologists and psychiatrists misdiagnose patients all the time too. Each has a special approach or leaning to, as well as, different types of degrees and education. Important to know while shopping for a professional. What's the point? Well, just that the pros don't know everything. Sorry, but I do not think it is an exact Science.

As far as empathizing with taking a drug and its side effects for better health, that's all. This thread is not about my stuff. I'll tell you though, I went to a medical professional for help with fibroids. One was halfway pushing into my bowel wall. Very uncomfortable and painful, but the totality of my symptoms were discounted as "all in my head." Now that's funny, 'cause the Doctor was right. No scans in that time period. The kicker is if they figured it out before the Grand Mal, then I'd be looking at remission and a cure. Now, if I go into remission, the cancer will grow back definitely. Doctors do NOT know everything. My neurosurgeon explained that there are quite a few mysteries where the brain is concerned. All that just is I feel the pain of anyone struggling with coping with a chronic disease. Btw, one month before my seizure the professional was telling me to limit my symptoms to one 'cause it was too much to fill out in the diagnostics.

Another example of infallible medical diagnosing by the experts would be all the teenagers going through "identity crisises." If the're down, it's depression, yet if they are down and anxious and sleepless, it's manic-depression. Not always an accurate assesment if it is a situational reaction. These are all just a glimpse into how the system works and how the patient sometimes feels like they are on a rollercoaster ride. The more informed a person seeking help is, then maybe the better their results can be. Just a thought.

Suffering does suck! Wouldn't it be nice if they'd hurry up and figure out a cure for these disorders?

If this serves no useful purpose to Be, then I'll shut up right now. K~

Now for the smilies, which I agree we all need more of:
    Last edited by humanity_Sin_egma; 12-06-2005 at 09:47 AM.
    The Father's letter is for you. His ways are higher than ours. It takes time to grow a seed and bear good fruit. Rebuke the devourer. The battle is the Lord's and He will be victorious.

so be it.

Warrior of Love Rumi_Philosophie's Avatar

Be,

I recommend spiritual therapy maybe a shaman,Babalawo or M'allem. When I am depressed I listne to Gnawa music. That is a spiritual healing music from Morocco. I don't like couinselors/therapists/Psychs etc . They,at least for me are too passive and detached. Be,it sounds like you got a sickness of the soul and therein lies where the treatment is needed.

No confrontational mood detected.

I was stating somethings I saw and know. NO OFFENSE TAKEN!
    NO NEED TO APOLOGIZE, that exchange was GREAT! This is why I like it here. You know more than you think, that is why I asked if you had attended Med School. Drug therapies are a LARGE part of todays problems.
    If you look at the commercials for the anti-deppressants they describe EVERYONE in the entire world at some point in thier lives. If you happen to be in a funk when you see the commercial, you begin to "self- diagnose" and lead yourself into more trouble. You begin to worry about how far gone you are and if you should really ask your Doc about these meds and how bad your "condition" is. The anxiety from this self diagnosis begins to eat away at your self image and you end up with......... DEPRESSION and a prescription. See how easy it is to CREATE your own disease? Drug companies are experts at this .
    Physical ailments have some definitive treatments or cures. Mental problems donot. The Brain is The largest mystery to mankind period. We know more about the oceans and seas than the brain. Group therapy/and if necessary individual. You are correct the hypothalamus is thought to be the basis for said "conditions" I have my own theory, but sadly it will never see the light of day as I HATE research and patients. (I only want to fly a flight for life helicopter.) Prozac works for some as do the other drugs. very few....
    Sad to say the companies that produce these drugs are truly not interested in the total well being of thier recipients if so, half of these drugs would still be in the testing phase and the complete list of side effects would be given in the lil cute commercials they make for them. Could you imagine....
    The Zoloft commercial going on and at the end where they tell you that taking the drug may cause liver or kidney damage, should not be taken with monoamin oxidase inhibitors or alcohol, then hearing "May cause temporary psychotic break wherein you murder or attempt to murder yourself and others....."? wouldn't that snap you out of the afore mentioned cycle of anxiety? YEP! Attempted murder is a definite side effect that NOONE will EVER list. They even make the statistics on that look so infinitesimal.
    "under 1% of subjects experience mood swing and violence." 1% of 100 people is 1 person. 1% of a million people is ten thousand. ten thousand people that may feel the need to stab you to death with a rusty spork. For no good reason. Feel safe? The deception is in the numbers. The trials are seriously restricted. NOONE with a history of past violence or attempted suicide is allowed to participate.Ony persons with "Mild to moderate" symptoms and presentation are given the big nod. This gives a skewed outcome. Then the prescribing physician may not inquire as to the history of the patient, and the patient may have no recorded history of violence or attempted suicide. That is where the problems begin to occur. (insert sound bite of " Who let the dogs out" here.) Misdiagnosis of these types of conditions is VERY COMMON. To one professional, the symptoms indicate Manic- Depression. To another Bi polar disorder, another Borderline personality disorder etc, etc, etc......
    When shopping for a Professional, check thier background of drug therapy.
    There are some pill happy bastards that give away these drugs like water.
    There are some that truly have peoples well being in mind and only prescribe drugs as a last ditch effort. (these being the best.)
    "Another example of infallible medical diagnosing by the experts would be all the teenagers going through "identity crisises." If the're down, it's depression, yet if they are down and anxious and sleepless, it's manic-depression. Not always an accurate assesment if it is a situational reaction. These are all just a glimpse into how the system works and how the patient sometimes feels like they are on a rollercoaster ride. The more informed a person seeking help is, then maybe the better their results can be. Just a thought." (Sorry I don't have the knack for the quote thing just yet.)
    THIS IS MY POINT! Teenagers are not the only people who suffer through identity crisis. We all do. The drugs won't change it or help. Find yourself- you find a way out. I mean hell, if a Doctor believes it, he can publish research stating that Chronic Halitosis is directly linked to depression.
    Come on! If your breath stinks, don't commit suicide, get listerine, keep your mouth shut in public! BLEACH! (joke!) I know suffering sucks. I suffered then decided that being tortured was for artists . All of this should help Be in some way.
    Especially if any of it makes him laugh! Now I am going to go home and get some sleep. I am beginning to ramble incoherently and I have lost my place about 10 times in the last 10 minutes. Too much to do. (school, work, raising a child, Being a student instructor + I walk everywhere I go cuz I don't have a car.) Living on 3 hour of sleep a day makes you .........

Hiya Kay Dee:
    Hmmmmnnnn, my reply was not meant to confront you or offend you; I'm sorry. Good points there. Agreed that different perspectives can only help Be in his quest for tackling this. My comments were not personally directed towards you.

The different schools of thought are just another way to reach out and help people. Some work for some, while others need a different approach. You're right, I really don't know. They are representative of behavioural approaches to modify a person's approach. Drug therapies alone don't work. Is it group therapy, individual or socio-emotional/educational? Just a ponderance here.

No, I have not attended medical school, but have taken ab., gen. and life development psych. classes. My goal was to become a physical therapist. So I'm no authority, however I have a Mom and daughter, 19, that were hospitalized for major depression/dsythemia. Prozac worked for my Mom, while my daughter has yet to find something that works for her. She suffers from alcoholism too. Both diseases are said to be influenced by the hypothalmus region of the brain. A close friend was diagnosed with manic-depression and was put on lithium. However, her levels went unchecked and she developed a thyroid condition. (this was under the care of a psychiatrist) Counselors, psychologists and psychiatrists misdiagnose patients all the time too. Each has a special approach or leaning to, as well as, different types of degrees and education. Important to know while shopping for a professional. What's the point? Well, just that the pros don't know everything. Sorry, but I do not think it is an exact Science.

As far as empathizing with taking a drug and its side effects for better health, that's all. This thread is not about my stuff. I'll tell you though, I went to a medical professional for help with fibroids. One was halfway pushing into my bowel wall. Very uncomfortable and painful, but the totality of my symptoms were discounted as "all in my head." Now that's funny, 'cause the Doctor was right. No scans in that time period. The kicker is if they figured it out before the Grand Mal, then I'd be looking at remission and a cure. Now, if I go into remission, the cancer will grow back definitely. Doctors do NOT know everything. My neurosurgeon explained that there are quite a few mysteries where the brain is concerned. All that just is I feel the pain of anyone struggling with coping with a chronic disease. Btw, one month before my seizure the professional was telling me to limit my symptoms to one 'cause it was too much to fill out in the diagnostics.

Another example of infallible medical diagnosing by the experts would be all the teenagers going through "identity crisises." If the're down, it's depression, yet if they are down and anxious and sleepless, it's manic-depression. Not always an accurate assesment if it is a situational reaction. These are all just a glimpse into how the system works and how the patient sometimes feels like they are on a rollercoaster ride. The more informed a person seeking help is, then maybe the better their results can be. Just a thought.

Suffering does suck! Wouldn't it be nice if they'd hurry up and figure out a cure for these disorders?

If this serves no useful purpose to Be, then I'll shut up right now. K~

Now for the smilies, which I agree we all need more of:

cool Kay Dee

Agreed; this place is great. Thanks for your thoughtful reply and glad you didn't take offense.

You make some more very worthwhile points. So, basically the more you know when dealing with your health; the better off you are.
    Guide to Good Health

Pharmaceutical companies with all their money lobbying and power plays don't always work above board. Right on there! If it is not lucrative to make a certain drug, they will drop it. Even if it benefits someone somewhere. Such a shame. Especially since they have enough money to promote certain drugs through commercials.

Yup, statistics can be skewed and often are in research data to prove a point. The varying degrees in diagnosis can be a sticky point. Got that straight. Analytical, logical, but keep the human compassionate side in their too. What was Hippocrate's credo that is now the Doctor's oath? Balance is key with many things in life. Consumer's need to educate themselves and shop for the right Doctor. Not all are alike. Difficult to do when you are suffering, but necessary. With all that said, thank God for modern medicine!

Good luck with your studies and all! Being a student instructor must be a wonderful experience. Something about trying to teach another that makes you really grasp the information. Cool! Look at the bright side, walking is very healthy! Great low impact cardio excercise Kay Dee; wtg. Something tells me the health profession will be better off having a person like you in the field. Excellent. Oh, and get some sleep.

Be we are rooting for you!

so be it.

Thx

Thanks,

You got it. the more you know about your own PERSONAL health the better equipped to handle any problems.
    The Pharmacuetical lobbyists spend HUGE amounts of $$$$ on the more lucrative medications and therapies. Therapies..... This is another of the "bad things" these companies do. They make "Therapies." And spend less on "Curatives." The $$$$$ is in the treatment of disease not the eradication of it. The less deadly diseases anyhow. They WILL spend millions on finding a better cure for smallpox. Why? It would kill too many too fast and then where would they be?
    Did you know that actually taking the Hippocratic oath is not practiced as widely by the medical proffession? The sentiment is that the knowledge makes the Physiacin not the oath.... I think it was just so the ones that end up working with these companies or start "Pill Pusshing" for profit can actually not feel like the scum they are because they never promised to do no harm. I hope that the medical profession IS better off with me in the ranks. Most of the people I have as classmates and students are very caring individuals. MOST are very competent. What should scare you about that statement is that I said "MOST"......

Agreed; this place is great. Thanks for your thoughtful reply and glad you didn't take offense.

You make some more very worthwhile points. So, basically the more you know when dealing with your health; the better off you are.
    Guide to Good Health

Pharmaceutical companies with all their money lobbying and power plays don't always work above board. Right on there! If it is not lucrative to make a certain drug, they will drop it. Even if it benefits someone somewhere. Such a shame. Especially since they have enough money to promote certain drugs through commercials.

Yup, statistics can be skewed and often are in research data to prove a point. The varying degrees in diagnosis can be a sticky point. Got that straight. Analytical, logical, but keep the human compassionate side in their too. What was Hippocrate's credo that is now the Doctor's oath? Balance is key with many things in life. Consumer's need to educate themselves and shop for the right Doctor. Not all are alike. Difficult to do when you are suffering, but necessary. With all that said, thank God for modern medicine!

Good luck with your studies and all! Being a student instructor must be a wonderful experience. Something about trying to teach another that makes you really grasp the information. Cool! Look at the bright side, walking is very healthy! Great low impact cardio excercise Kay Dee; wtg. Something tells me the health profession will be better off having a person like you in the field. Excellent. Oh, and get some sleep.

Be we are rooting for you!

I hear ya on that one Kay Dee. I remember sitting in a Humanities class with a person in the criminal justice program. She'd trash the course and brag about speeding on her way to class. Ya know, the irony in that one.
    My sis does corporate level work for Health Benefits and tells me she runs into lots of problems with the money mentality too. If its not the health insurance companies then its other red tape and so on and so on.
    But still, modern medicine has made some great strides.
    Did you read the New Yorker's article on the DMS guide? Intersting stuff.
    Tough to navigate and get in place the right treatment plan for depression/bipolar, but the alternative is worse. How many suffer in silence.
    Kudos to anyone who gets help. The stigma isn't gone.
    Wonderin' how Be is doing...

so be it.

my boyfriend is a therapist and he is hard pressed to be convinced of giving anyone medication without trying therapy first. the only time i can think of that he would recommend any meds was if it helped them respond to therapy, or maybe for an actual physical condition.

DING! Theres a GOOD therapist! Kinda hard to find these days though.
    My own therapist took one session and put me on pills.
    The meds were made to ASSIST in therapeutic treatment of mental disorder, not as a "Cure all" some where along the line people got lost and lazy.
    (Oh and the $$$$ wasn't killing them either.)
    No I havent read them yet, but now I will.(humanity)
    K

quick link

Here it is Kay Dee:
    http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/?050103fa_fact
    THE DICTIONARY OF DISORDER

so be it.

Thanks

Here it is Kay Dee:
    http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/?050103fa_fact
    THE DICTIONARY OF DISORDER
    THANKS!!!

+ Reply to Thread