+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What the bleep.

What the bleep.

http://www.whatthebleep.com/

Anyone go see this. It's still playin' I know.

I loved this movie, I love that the filmaker admits to not being sure the world can be viewed as objective therefore he doesn't believe it would have been possible for him to make an objecive movie.

Would love to discuss it.

I just noticed that the link I posted for the movie "what the bleep do we know", Has posted an article that say's the movie makes certain conclusions regarding god and heaven. This is what I like about the phenomenon surrounding this show. It doesn't exclude any opinion, even on it's own website. The movie "if anyone saw it" does talk on topics such as quantum mechanics, mystisism, and even a good dose of neuro-science. And God and heaven have actutually never been included so honestly by individuals in any film I've ever seen. If you stay past the first part of the credits they give a glimps into the commentators themselves and how they became interested in the subject matter, primaraly God and science. Certain individuals make certain statements but the viewer is left with absolutely no theology. If you want to say it blots out theology in general, well thats a givin...The name of the movie says that. Judgments are held back. Unlike the critic's of course.

Anyway, I didn't want anyone to think I was trying to be subversive in any way by posting that.

I know what the bleep

I saw the movie and I thought it was pretty cool. I also met Dr. Schwartz at my job. He gave a talk about time travel in the metaphysical sense. I wouldn't mind getting in a discussion about it. I just don't know where to start.

2 years later I respond.....

Well, There really is no starting point is there? The slamming of the film and religating it to a "cult" film is interesting... to discuss the movie as a whole. Why no one here talks much might be a more intereting topic. (I'll start that.) What the bleep... was the only movie I saw this year that suspended my disbelief... That's what movies should do right. I never felt I was being sold something. It was just too all over the place. The one thing that strikes me... Mabey it's my own diffuculty in trying to reconcile the spiritual with the natural (physical) is this....
    If essentially all matter is insubstantial and intangable. Then why the in depth 101 on cell's and their relation to our "addictions." Maybe to gain a better understanding of our physical being but that seem's in opposition to the arrow of the narrative.

+ Reply to Thread