+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BECK New album is HOT!

BECK New album is HOT!

yall just got this joint.. and its fukin hot..

more details soon!
    -TheXodus-

The titles go as this.. (not the order.. but who knows)

Brazilica
    Guero
    Go It Alone
    Chain Reaction
    Nazarene
    Black Tamourine
    Earthquake Weather (maybe)
    E-Pro
    Summer Girl
    Scarecrow
    Track 11 (unidentified song)
    Track 12 (unidentified song)
    Hell Yeah

Album is upbeat, funky, soulful and guitar heavy and loop heavy..

Its a definant 'sea change' from his last album.. called "Sea Change"

some songs remind me of the songwriting of the Mutations album with the funk of Midnight Vultures.. but there is more of a intelligent growth in this album.. This album even shows reminicants of a southern style Blues guitar playin through out the album

This album isnt a fast paced as Midnight Vultures, but is funky and he's back with a mature sound. His vocals resemble that of Sea Change but the album is strongly upbeat and FUNKY (yes, there isnt another word to describe some of these songs)
    Songs range from the 2:52 mark all the way to 7 minutes...

Brazilica sounds like a part two of the Tropicalia... kindof like a the sister of that song.

Hell Yea sounds like a midnight vulture track.. completely blew me out of the water on this one..

Chain Reaction- Rock sounding song.. very heavy sounding.. funky

Guero sounds like Beck is back doing a rap.. funky old school beat and tight scratches.. would have fit perfectly on midnight vultures..

Go It Alone is straight up funky and has almost no reverb. Funky loop and great bass and guitar slaps... funk-blues

Nazarene has an ethnic hum and chant.. but electronic sounds is its central nervous system.. very cool

Black Tambourine is straight up funk.. reminds me of the energy and riff like that of George Michaels Faith.. not quite as upscale beat as that of.. but perhaps the funkyness has entered the room durin that one..

E-Pro- Definant rock song for beck.. strong loop of guitar laced sounds...

Im gonna post more about the album as I develop it with sounds.
    So far, (IMO) its more of a developed mature sound than Mutations.. and the context is a little bit deeper than midnight.. Sea Change is an entire different story, but the vocals were inherited for this one..

This is an incredible start for 2005 music... I will definantly be picking up this album when it drops in march.. hopefully it will drop before that..
    -TheXodus-

Shoulda known....

You'd be all over that! Good to hear the elongated wait is well worth it. I tend to think Beck since Odelay takes his craft pretty seriously.....I take my Kraft very seriously as you cannot mess up a fancy cheese like that.
    I do not suppose I shall be remembered for anything. But I don't think about my work in those terms. It is just as vulgar to work for the sake of posterity as to work for the sake of money.

Orson Welles

Beck.com would like everyone to know...

"Speaking of, as some of you may have seen, the new Beck album, tentatively due out March 28th, has unceremoniously been leaked onto the masses. This is NOT the final album. It is an early unmixed, unmastered version that is not the final sequence, so please be aware this is not what Beck intended to happen or bestow onto his fans."

Beck.com
    -TheXodus-

It's funny...

But sometimes i enjoy those earlier unmastered deals. Sometimes the fine-tuning turns into a fine ruining. Often times it's a good thing tho.....
    I do not suppose I shall be remembered for anything. But I don't think about my work in those terms. It is just as vulgar to work for the sake of posterity as to work for the sake of money.

Orson Welles

very true.. and I hope he keeps these songs as close to they are now.. some of them are very simplified, which to me makes them timeless

others are so looptafied i wonder how much more some can take.
    -TheXodus-

okay, so a tracks are renamed..

here it goes

I believe this is to be correct...

Brazilica is Missing
    Nazarine is Emergency Exit
    Summer Girl is Girl
    "track 11" is Rental Car
    "track 12" is Broken Drum
    Nazarine is Emergency Exit

So.. now this should be correct.. this came from Beck.com

E-Pro
    Que Onda Guero
    Girl
    Missing
    Black Tambourine
    Earthquake Weather
    Hell Yes
    Broken Drum
    Scarecrow
    Go It Alone
    Farewell Ride
    Rental Car
    Emergency Exit
    -TheXodus-

New Album is called Guero also
    -TheXodus-

Chain reaction is changed to Farewell Ride
    -TheXodus-

After months of build-up and a forehead-slapping delay late in 2004, concrete details are finally surfacing regarding the long-awaited eighth Beck album (yes, Stereopathic Soulmanure counts). Mr. Hansen's official website has revealed that his new album will be called Guero and will be released in the U.S. on March 29.
    The follow-up to 2002's acoustic-heavy Sea Change was produced by former Beck collaborators the Dust Brothers and, according to several reports, will mark an attempted return to Beck's signature 'junkyard-funk' sound. But you totally don't have to wait two months-- the album's lead single is "E-Pro", and it'll be at radio stations (and presumable for sale, although we don't have confirmed details on b-sides or release dates there) sometime next month. Of course, whether they play it is something else altogether.

Despite a few songs having already leaked into the lawless quagmire that is the online music-swapping community (who leaks this shit anyway?), the album's release date has not and will not be brought forward. Beck did, however, make an appearance earlier this week at the tsunami benefit gig at the Wiltern LG theater in Los Angeles, where he performed a few songs. Then "Lost Cause" began, Will Ferrell dipped on stage in a red body suit, and he started humping Beck's pump organ.

And yes, we wish we were kidding.

* Pitchfork
    -TheXodus-

+ Reply to Thread