+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: whats the best and worst ways 2 meet someone?

im talking potential partners here..????

speaking as someone unlucky in the past.. :happysad:
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

don't look face:

Originally posted by SaintHax@Nov 29 2004, 09:20 AM
    don't look face:
    Got that shit right! Worse because you'll meet fewer people, best because you'll meet the RIGHT people!
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

im listening but i dont understand!!
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

I wasn't looking today and damn if I didn't get my ass into something else with an old (girl) friend...I saw her, then made a simple comment about her nice ass to a friend who works with her and the next thing I know she's texting me and trying to call me (I didn't bother answering face: ) I doubt this is going anywhere but I'll tell you that was the last thing that could have been on my mind today

Uhm, if you meet her you wont like it and if you don't you will like it................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................................

enough said.
    fullamyself, sickamyself, truetamyself

I will always be myself - through the good times and the bad.

What I meant was, when you LOOK you tend to look for what you THINK you like, and most people really have no idea what that is. When you don't look you won't meet as many people, but the people that you do meet will come into your life more naturally, and appeal to you more instinctively. Believe it or not, your instincts are much more in tune with who you are than your cravings.
    Alright
    Yeah...

Originally posted by Cozymandias@Nov 30 2004, 10:37 AM
    What I meant was, when you LOOK you tend to look for what you THINK you like, and most people really have no idea what that is. When you don't look you won't meet as many people, but the people that you do meet will come into your life more naturally, and appeal to you more instinctively. Believe it or not, your instincts are much more in tune with who you are than your cravings.
    Good advice. Definitely don't look. Just go about your life doing the things you like to do in your spare time (or even trying some new things you are interested in) and without even trying you will likely come in contact with that person and you'll be attracted to each other by your interests and personalities and not because you were both on the prowl looking.
    Don't let them change you inside, cause anyone who matters will try to understand who you are.

When you always stay in self-incarceration...I think it's such a shame.

I made a pilgrimage to save this human race, never comprehending the race was long gone by.

Hmmm... I did the "don't look" thing for most of my adult life, and I never met a girl who was interesting and who was interested in me. (I met girls who were interesting, and girls who were interested in me...)

I finally said enough is enough and put a personals ad up on eight different web sites... spent one full year responding to ads, chatting online, going out on a few dates, and finally I met someone on LavaLife that I clicked with. We've been together for a year now and things are going really well.

So... I'm always a little skeptical when people say "don't look". I didn't look for practically a decade... and it got me nowhere. It wasn't like I was sitting at home watching TV either... I was pretty active and social... I still am. I say look, but be careful and as others have said, trust your instincts, not necessarily what you think you want.

Intelligent Posts :11

hookers..i say hookers...they are always available...

Originally posted by PsychoMan@Dec 1 2004, 11:28 AM
    Hmmm... I did the "don't look" thing for most of my adult life, and I never met a girl who was interesting and who was interested in me. (I met girls who were interesting, and girls who were interested in me...)

I finally said enough is enough and put a personals ad up on eight different web sites... spent one full year responding to ads, chatting online, going out on a few dates, and finally I met someone on LavaLife that I clicked with. We've been together for a year now and things are going really well.

So... I'm always a little skeptical when people say "don't look". I didn't look for practically a decade... and it got me nowhere. It wasn't like I was sitting at home watching TV either... I was pretty active and social... I still am. I say look, but be careful and as others have said, trust your instincts, not necessarily what you think you want.
    Maybe for you it would take longer than a decade. :dunno:
    You were still active with the other sex right? I mean, I didn't say be celibate or anything. Basically, like Foxy said, live your life...which should include the oppostie sex.

However, whatever works for you is fine with me I've seen a few relationships where people meet online work lately.
    Alright
    Yeah...

Chief(we still call you that round these parts right?)

Your advice was golden. Quick question....the don't look thing does NOT work for hookers, correct? Just need clarification.....
    I do not suppose I shall be remembered for anything. But I don't think about my work in those terms. It is just as vulgar to work for the sake of posterity as to work for the sake of money.

Orson Welles

Originally posted by LumtheMad@Dec 1 2004, 07:02 PM

Your advice was golden. Quick question....the don't look thing does NOT work for hookers, correct? Just need clarification.....
    :bowlaugh: :bowlaugh: :bowlaugh:
    Alright
    Yeah...

I ain't your sucka baby.. The_Kay_Dee's Avatar

Originally posted by LumtheMad@Dec 1 2004, 06:02 PM

NOOOO!! Some hooker have an "Active search" mechanism....
    Trust me I know....
    A man is where he loves, not where he lives....

Originally posted by Cozymandias@Dec 1 2004, 11:53 AM
    Maybe for you it would take longer than a decade. :dunno:
    You were still active with the other sex right? I mean, I didn't say be celibate or anything. Basically, like Foxy said, live your life...which should include the oppostie sex.
    Well, my situation was different than what is being discussed here... I just have a knee-jerk reaction whenever I hear anyone say "don't look", because I was given that advice so often and things only started working out for me when I started (carefully and cautiously) looking.

Heheh... I guess the phrases "don't look" and "be yourself" just get on my nerves like nothing else... :dunno:

As for the hookers, I know a few people who have inadvertantly found some when they weren't looking... and the results were almost always great comedy...

Nothing goes togther like hookers and comedy ...thats what i always say. I, of course ,am known to say many a random thing.

I think my hooker detection skills are next to nothing. How does one hone such an ability?
    I do not suppose I shall be remembered for anything. But I don't think about my work in those terms. It is just as vulgar to work for the sake of posterity as to work for the sake of money.

Orson Welles

Originally posted by LumtheMad@Dec 2 2004, 05:47 PM
    Nothing goes togther like hookers and comedy ...thats what i always say. I, of course ,am known to say many a random thing.

I think my hooker detection skills are next to nothing. How does one hone such an ability?
    Watch the film "Pimps up hoes down" a few times. then find a seedy area of town and watch the traffic.
    This will deepen your Hooker radar to a sufficient level.
    Soon after you will need to watch the movie "Pretty woman" For upper class hookers. then you will just need to close your eyes and wait.
    you will be on active search for hookers in no time! :shock:

In my short experience the "don't look" policy has always worked and been a blessing... although I'm sure it can't work for everyone.

Maybe most though.

That is what i love about the Pm Dawn message board. You can really cover everything! Welp...i think that about covers hookers.....

Orson Welles

Covering hookers costs extra! Depending upon what you are covering them with!
    My favorite is tartar sauce and whipped gravy.
    Giggitty, Giggitty!

+ Reply to Thread