+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Turkey Day Traditions

I'm getting ready to have thanksgiving at my house, and I'm sure at least most of the americans here are getting ready to eat turkey on Thursday. So I'm curious what traditions you guys have for Thanksgiving. What has to happen or has to be there in order for it to be "right"?

For me, it is having roasted potatoes to go along with the mashed potatoes. Roast potatoes are when you have potatoes sliced like large frenchfries (sliced along the long end so they are long and wedge shaped) drizzled with vegetable oil so that they brown and then baked in the oven. It also couldn't be thanksgiving in my house without a good apple crisp. mmmmmmmmmmm. I'm hungry already.

there we go, just right. keep walking...

We don't celebrate the NAG holiday at my house. We'll be having our annual Give God Thanks day on December 11th.
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

My mom's mac-n-cheese is always the biggest hit.
    Also right after dinner we listen to Christmas music and decorate the tree.
    Don't let them change you inside, cause anyone who matters will try to understand who you are.

When you always stay in self-incarceration...I think it's such a shame.

I made a pilgrimage to save this human race, never comprehending the race was long gone by.

my fams tradition is at night at my grandfathers house.. most all my relatives (that are close) and fam is there..

cant wait
    -TheXodus-

This year I will be doing the cooking, *in my best Morris Day voice* so they can see how it's dooonnnee!

I am trying to break from the traditional Thanks food. We are frying the turkey, roasting a duck, roasting a lamb leg, and having some kind of tiger shrimp. I haven't decided how I'm gonna fix that yet. I have some cool sides to go with that. This is a big deal for our family this year, because today my Grandmother comes back home (for good) from the nursing home after her fall! It will be good to have her home where she belongs. We were all more than a bit afraid she would have to stay at the home, but it all worked out. Happy Thanks all!

Louis
    I love the summer months!

Originally posted by Louis85@Nov 22 2004, 12:07 PM
    This year I will be doing the cooking, *in my best Morris Day voice* so they can see how it's dooonnnee!

I am trying to break from the traditional Thanks food. We are frying the turkey, roasting a duck, roasting a lamb leg, and having some kind of tiger shrimp. I haven't decided how I'm gonna fix that yet. I have some cool sides to go with that. This is a big deal for our family this year, because today my Grandmother comes back home (for good) from the nursing home after her fall! It will be good to have her home where she belongs. We were all more than a bit afraid she would have to stay at the home, but it all worked out. Happy Thanks all!

Louis
    I'm real glad for you and your fam Louis!

Be real careful frying that turkey now, I've heard all kinds of horror stories. hnoes:
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

Thanks Bro!

Yeah, I guess you have to lower the bird slowly into the grease. I'm ready for it.

Louis
    I love the summer months!

i work until 8.....i have a turkey sandwich at 9 and pass out watching comedy central :lolbonk:
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

I will be 1200 miles from home working at this radio station. Farely new tradition for me...
    "he who disowns me before men will be disowned before the angels of God."

Jesus Christ...Luke 12:9

Originally posted by syxxpm@Nov 22 2004, 02:39 PM
    i work until 8.....i have a turkey sandwich at 9 and pass out watching comedy central :lolbonk:
    If it wasn't so dang far away, syxx, you'd be welcome to come crash at my house.

there we go, just right. keep walking...

from HotLanta to the west coast sunsets...

dang Coz, and just think....i called and WOKE u up out of ur good sleep to wish u a Happy Thanksgiving, and you don't celebrate it... geeze... well, it was gUd talkin 2 ya tho...

I feel ya Louis, with having our elders around at any time...they are the true backbones of the family lineage 4 real... We don't have a traditional thanksgiving at my house every year, per say...it would be nice to visit other family, but I kinda like chillin at home with my kids...and if anyone comes over, that would be fine too...if not, less people 4 me to feed... :kidding:

I made something simple since it was just us, yet delicious that my kids enjoyed...turkey, cornbread dressing, cranberry sauce, blackeyed peas, potato salad, collard greens, glazed honey baked ham with pineapple slices, macaroni & cheese with 6 different cheeses . shit was poppiN yo! ... and I baked 4 sweet potatoe pies, ... left out the cake, apple pie and ice cream,...till the weekend. haha...too much of a gUd thang can be bad 4 ya. lol...

well, i gotta get some rest 4 tomorrow...have a good one... :zzz:

peace,
    natalie
    One More Chance

+ Reply to Thread