View Poll Results: Was Ron Artest wrong or right???????

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes..i would've put my foot in that fan's ass too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30.00%
  • no...i would've just sucked it up, wiped off my shirt, and went to the lockers

60.00%
  • it's the arena's fault. they should've put up some chicken wire for them fans

10.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: violence in the NBA

Geez, Coz, you're taking this a tad bit too seriously aren't you?

Bygons, man, bygons.

there we go, just right. keep walking...

but if I was Artest, I honestly don't know what I would do. It would depend on the day and how benevolent I was feeling. But after what had just happened in the game, and all things considered, what would you have done? You are telling me that after all that adrenaline has been screeming though your system because of a fight (or near fight) from only a few minutes before, and having played your heart out in a game, you would have simply let it bounce off of your head?

Don't get me wrong, he attacked the wrong guy and should be accountable for that, but I mean come on. Everything should work out in the end for the most part (I believe) Artest will have to pay for what he did, and the little guy will get rich. But the guy who started it all? He *ONLY* had his season tickets revoked. What kind of justice is that? If justice was served, he would have to pay like half of Artest's lost salary in compensation.

Didnt he even hit the wrong person?

thats even worse.. damn
    -TheXodus-

Originally posted by Harmeister@Nov 23 2004, 09:37 PM
    Geez, Coz, you're taking this a tad bit too seriously aren't you?

Bygons, man, bygons.
    You see, no matter how many emoticons a person uses peeps always seem to assume that he's taking something seriously!

I've been laffing the whole time in every post...this shit has nothing to do with me so why the fukk should I care, much less take it seriously?

Look peeps, I LIKE to argue...YES I LIKE IT! I would NEVER ban anybody here for it, and NEVER HAVE. I didn't even take the thing with SDL seriously, only my feelings were a little hurt. I don't think he took my jokes about his tastes seriously either, though it may have hurt his feelings a little as well. WE WERE BOTH HANDLING IT JUST FINE UNTIL YOU PANTYWAISTS INTERFERED! So STOP trying to interpret somebody's EMOTIONS through typed words on your computer screen!!! :madrant:

I mean...what bygones Harm? What da hell are you talkin about?

I got MAD LOVE for everybody here, from Hax to Syxx to Chief to Samedeep to SDL to Rumi. No fukkin argument is gonna change that...I don't work that way.

Dammit, if y'all can't handle a few strong or heated arguments WITH FRIENDS how da hell are you gonna manage in the real world? hnoes: :wavey:
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

Originally posted by Harmeister@Nov 23 2004, 09:42 PM
    but if I was Artest, I honestly don't know what I would do. It would depend on the day and how benevolent I was feeling. But after what had just happened in the game, and all things considered, what would you have done? You are telling me that after all that adrenaline has been screeming though your system because of a fight (or near fight) from only a few minutes before, and having played your heart out in a game, you would have simply let it bounce off of your head?

Don't get me wrong, he attacked the wrong guy and should be accountable for that, but I mean come on. Everything should work out in the end for the most part (I believe) Artest will have to pay for what he did, and the little guy will get rich. But the guy who started it all? He *ONLY* had his season tickets revoked. What kind of justice is that? If justice was served, he would have to pay like half of Artest's lost salary in compensation.
    He should be charged with a misdemeanor. That's what they call the "crime" of tossing a cup of beer on somebody.

Hey, try this. You're a bartender. You get in an argument at the bar with some guy. The guy tosses his drink at you. You then commence to beat the shit out of him. Of, course, you're fired. Good luck taking the guy to court and suing him for half of your lost salary! :bowlaugh: :bowlaugh: :bowlaugh:
    Alright
    Yeah...

Originally posted by sdldawn@Nov 23 2004, 10:27 PM
    Didnt he even hit the wrong person?

thats even worse.. damn
    Been my point FROM THE BEGINNING!!! :bash:
    Alright
    Yeah...

Originally posted by Cozymandias+Nov 23 2004, 11:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cozymandias @ Nov 23 2004, 11:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Harmeister@Nov 23 2004, 09:37 PM
    Bygons, man, bygons.
    [/b][/quote]
    I was referring more to not starting a flame war in here. But it seems you have your emotions already under control. :tinker: :madrant: :roll: :lolbonk: :lolbonk:

Intelligent Posts :11

well from a personal perspective..i really wish the arena and both teams wouldve just spontaniously combusted....heres to dreaming though..

Originally posted by Harmeister+Nov 24 2004, 08:48 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Harmeister @ Nov 24 2004, 08:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Cozymandias@Nov 23 2004, 11:29 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Harmeister
    @Nov 23 2004, 09:37 PM
    Bygons, man, bygons.

I was referring more to not starting a flame war in here. But it seems you have your emotions already under control. :tinker: :madrant: :roll: :lolbonk: :lolbonk: [/b][/quote]
    Isn't a flame war when people attack each other personally? And the bygones thing, that assumes a grudge that somebody is holding from stuff that happened in the past. I sure don't see how either apply to this thread.

Jesus, am I gonna have to be a panzy and start apologizing in advance everytime I have something a little criticizing to say, like Chief? :dabutt:
    Alright
    Yeah...

Hell NO!!
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Originally posted by Cozymandias+Nov 24 2004, 10:39 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cozymandias @ Nov 24 2004, 10:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Harmeister@Nov 24 2004, 08:48 AM
    Originally posted by Cozymandias@Nov 23 2004, 11:29 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Harmeister
    @Nov 23 2004, 09:37 PM
    Bygons, man, bygons.

I was referring more to not starting a flame war in here. But it seems you have your emotions already under control. :tinker: :madrant: :roll: :lolbonk: :lolbonk:
    Isn't a flame war when people attack each other personally? And the bygones thing, that assumes a grudge that somebody is holding from stuff that happened in the past. I sure don't see how either apply to this thread.

Jesus, am I gonna have to be a panzy and start apologizing in advance everytime I have something a little criticizing to say, like Chief? :dabutt: [/b][/quote]
    It's because I can make fun of you without fear of large retributions even if my posts aren't as totally off topic as mr. rednecks.

:blahblah: :blahblah: :kekeke:

Seriously, criminal charges all around. I don't care how much adrenaline is pumping through your veins, if you do something like Artes did, you have to realize the consequences of your actions. To me it looked like an ego thing. But who the f*ck am I?
    I just don't end up where think I'm going when I start out.

I ain't your sucka baby.. The_Kay_Dee's Avatar

Originally posted by justafan@Nov 23 2004, 12:14 AM
    the only punk ass bitch in the incident is the fan that threw the cup.
    Second that. The FAN should nefver have thrown the damn cup. Everyone is saying this crap about how Artest handled being hit with a cup. JUST because it is a cup does NOT mean that someone didn't deserve a good mollywhopping! There have been exchanges or WORDS HERE that would have come to serious fisticuffs had the parties involved been in the same room. Everyone here has been upset enough to throw some "shoulder shotguns" at 1 point in time.
    Not to add the fact that this incident was IMMEDIATELY preceeded by an adrenaline and testosterone pumping shoving match.
    Coz I bet you didn't take the same stance when it was Anthony Mason or Charles Oakley throwing "African soup bones" out there.
    :fawkedup:
    (or maybe you did.) :fawkdance:
    the fact is EVERY ACTION HAS A REACTION. Fuck being professional.
    If every person was professional there would be NO FOULS in any sport. Rivalries would be hyped as "general dislikes." or "Mutual miffs"
    If a fan can throw shit I can too. If I am in my practice (after I graduate) and a patient gets all angry that another medical professional and I are not agreeing and throws his I.V. fliuds all over me, I WILL WHOOP HIS BED RIDDEN ASS! ( :kidding: )
    No, remember WHO we are talking about. RON ARTEST.
    In my opinion if the FAN who had NOTHING to do with the incident between Artest and Wallace had played the role of a FAN and booed then there would be NO thread here. He took matters into his hands and another guy paid the cost.
    I think that the only FAIR thing to do is to put Him and Artest in a ring and see if the guys nuts are that big when he is face to face. PLEASE BELIEVE ME he would not throw a damn thing then.
    The part about fighting the wrong guy..... Yeah that was MAJOR LEAGUE FUCKED UP. If he had gotten the right guy, who would have a different opinion?
    :whogives: It's not even important! Ron is Ron I respect that.
    He did what he did for his reasons. I just wish he had gotten the right dude, and Noone had jumped in.
    A man is where he loves, not where he lives....

Originally posted by sdldawn@Nov 22 2004, 12:46 PM
    and just think.. if i was there, and he stepped or accidently hit my sister or mom, or anybody i love.. not only would he be missing teeth.. but his neck would have been broken as well

THATS why you dont pull some stupid shit like that.. hurting people that arent meant to get hurt.. and anyone who disagrees, put yourself in that position.
    Done that.
    Read the thread about how I got Fucked up by a guy with a BIG ASS ROCK! Because I was talking to a friend that happened to be his girl.

Originally posted by syxxpm+Nov 23 2004, 12:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (syxxpm @ Nov 23 2004, 12:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Louis85@Nov 21 2004, 06:07 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Be
    @Nov 21 2004, 03:29 AM
    well...let a muhh fukk throw water on me at a concert....it's gonna be some damn furniture movin too

:roll: :roll:
    that could be a reality show...make be an interior decorator and see how he "redecorates" after you throw a beverage on him....he may even spackle some of your vertebrae....we could call the show...."about nothing..for the love of decorative design"

or ..the bliss hour...vibrations of beverage,unrestricted anger and projectile fotons! [/b][/quote]
    Better yet call it " Forever the 96 stitches!"

Originally posted by The_Kay_Dee@Nov 24 2004, 08:00 PM
    If he had gotten the right guy, who would have a different opinion?
    My opinion would have been much different. I would have still thought what he had done was stupid, but I would have drawn great satisfaction out of knowing that at least that asshole got his butt whupped for it, and at least Artest KNEW who he was going after and wasn't just lashing out indiscriminately.

That's how I have ALWAYS been. Fukk who the team or person involved is. I believe in personal responsibillity, on ALL accounts.
    Alright
    Yeah...

Originally posted by Cozymandias+Nov 24 2004, 07:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cozymandias @ Nov 24 2004, 07:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-The_Kay_Dee@Nov 24 2004, 08:00 PM
    If he had gotten the right guy, who would have a different opinion?
    My opinion would have been much different. I would have still thought what he had done was stupid, but I would have drawn great satisfaction out of knowing that at least that asshole got his butt whupped for it, and at least Artest KNEW who he was going after and wasn't just lashing out indiscriminately.

That's how I have ALWAYS been. Fukk who the team or person involved is. I believe in personal responsibillity, on ALL accounts. [/b][/quote]
    Word I agree on that. Accountable for beating the wrong dude.
    Fan should be accountable for WASTING PERFECTLY GOOD LIQUOR!!!

Many Years later Lum replys....

Have to quote Malcolm X on all of this. "Looks like the chickens have come home to roost".

Artest ---for all the talent he has--- always puts himself in situations where he gets himself in trouble. Take it to another level that the fans of whatever city really dislike the guy. (Hell i remember him doing this crazy thing to Z in Cleveland...pushed Z on the head when he was on the ground so he could step over him...didn't push too light either)
    The guy is a lightning rod of malice when it comes to fans. I understood when Vernon Maxwell went into the crowd....the dude that was taunting was talking abut his Stillborn child.....but this whole Artest thing is just Artest being the same damn nut he's always been.
    I do not suppose I shall be remembered for anything. But I don't think about my work in those terms. It is just as vulgar to work for the sake of posterity as to work for the sake of money.

Orson Welles

1st chicken comes home to roost!

Ha ha asshole!!!
    Alright
    Yeah...

Excellent! I think we could somehow work a Mastercard "Priceless" commercial moment into all of this.....
    I do not suppose I shall be remembered for anything. But I don't think about my work in those terms. It is just as vulgar to work for the sake of posterity as to work for the sake of money.

Orson Welles

+ Reply to Thread