+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: superhero films

I ain't your sucka baby.. The_Kay_Dee's Avatar

Originally posted by ETHERSPIN@Nov 15 2004, 07:58 PM
    morris grows on me daily for john stewart, as for Hal , i wish mel gibson was 10 years younger!
    Word Melly mel would be Hal indeed. ( if he were a few inches taller)
    Sorry, but I gotta do this one.
    RUSSEL CROWE AS HAL JORDAN. Without the accent and the mole, He has the makings....
    As for Jon with goatee or without. I still got Morris Chestnutt. He can do both. Look him up in his films. He can rock the goatee and the smooth shave AND the bald head!!!
    Noone is gonna change my mind on this one. (I have been looking at this for A LOOOOOOOONG TIME!)
    Djimon Hansou would be the REAL "Black Panther" complete with accent.) Christian Bale or as I call him the "Baleman" As Tony Starks
    the Chick from the hulk as Red witch.....
    Old avengers or new? Which team?
    The hardest part to cast in the comic book world period????
    THUNDERBIRD.
    Who could do THAT?
    Oh for the complete GL history here ya go Ether....
    Green lantern light!
    Bat Lantern...... Look at the story line (otherworlds)...
    I am out of time.
    Holla back!
    A man is where he loves, not where he lives....

Originally posted by The_Kay_Dee+Nov 16 2004, 04:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The_Kay_Dee @ Nov 16 2004, 04:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ETHERSPIN@Nov 15 2004, 07:58 PM
    morris grows on me daily for john stewart, as for Hal , i wish mel gibson was 10 years younger!
    RUSSEL CROWE AS HAL JORDAN. Without the accent and the mole, He has the makings....
    As for Jon with goatee or without. I still got Morris Chestnutt. He can do both. Look him up in his films. He can rock the goatee and the smooth shave AND the bald head!!!
    Noone is gonna change my mind on this one. (I have been looking at this for A LOOOOOOOONG TIME!)
    Djimon Hansou would be the REAL "Black Panther" complete with accent.) Christian Bale or as I call him the "Baleman" As Tony Starks
    THUNDERBIRD.
    Who could do THAT?
    Green lantern light!
    I am out of time.
    Holla back! [/b][/quote]
    i could sense days ago that russell crowe was gonna crop up sooner or later
    fear and dread lurked in my heart !! but on reflection.. some of his more recent roles have been convincing.. it was gladiator that put me off him 4 a while.. i thought he overacter/dramatized... master and commander and a few others were far better so yeah... he is a valid choice.. AND
    Thanks for the link !! im reading it all now!

"One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Originally posted by ETHERSPIN+Nov 16 2004, 05:30 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ETHERSPIN @ Nov 16 2004, 05:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by The_Kay_Dee@Nov 16 2004, 04:23 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-ETHERSPIN
    @Nov 15 2004, 07:58 PM

THUNDERBIRD.
    Who could do THAT?
    Green lantern light!
    I am out of time.
    Holla back!
    i could sense days ago that russell crowe was gonna crop up sooner or later
    fear and dread lurked in my heart !! but on reflection.. some of his more recent roles have been convincing.. it was gladiator that put me off him 4 a while.. i thought he overacter/dramatized... master and commander and a few others were far better so yeah... he is a valid choice.. AND
    Thanks for the link !! im reading it all now!

[/b][/quote]
    Don't just read, write! SIGN THE DAMN PETITION!!!!
    WE NEED MORE GL!!!! SIGN UP!!!!!
    Oh I had the Russ feeling a few days ago too. I just had to ponder the whole idea. He has some good stuff and he is very moldable.
    (Plus he has that thing the ladies like. so again the lil lady won't mind this trip to see "another freakin' comic movie..."
    As long as she gets to see some pecs and a good fight scene or two. (involving half naked men) Two movies with two different sex symbol action hero guys and a GREAT PLOT something for both worlds.
    Hmmmmm. Anyone in hollywood paying attention!!!!!!

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/041115m.php

theres an unsubstanciated report halfway down saying ben browder has up for the GL role.. whether its hal or kyle i dont know!
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Originally posted by ETHERSPIN@Nov 16 2004, 11:05 PM

theres an unsubstanciated report halfway down saying ben browder has up for the GL role.

Who the hell is ben browder?????

On the corner of Grey Street and at the end of the world

Originally posted by The_Kay_Dee+Nov 17 2004, 10:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The_Kay_Dee @ Nov 17 2004, 10:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ETHERSPIN@Nov 16 2004, 11:05 PM

theres an unsubstanciated report halfway down saying ben browder has up for the GL role.

Who the hell is ben browder????? [/b][/quote]
    Didn't you ever watch Farscape, man. He played the lead character John Crichton.
    If it's my world too, then whose gold is this I'm digging out

try as i might i couldnt find the bat lantern bit ?? i found something on a superman site, the guardians prior 2 krypton exploding were monitoring Lara and Jor El because they knew of their achievements and bloodlines and wanted 2 make their son leader of the guardians and give him a power ring but while the lantern of the krypton sector was on his way 2 give information of the impending end of the planet and need for evacuation he was in an explosion and blinded and could not take the message any further, as Kal El ended up on earth they left him in his current role as he pretty much protects earth anyway!
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

I'm sorry..Mel Gibson???? Maybe back in his Mad Max days he could pull off Hal, but not even if you gave him 10 years back now could he do it. Russel, um..how about NO..even better..HELL NO! He's too short, too smug and doesn't have the debonaire look that Hal needs. Mat Damon I think if he brushed up on the role and took it seriously he could pull off Kyle quite well. Hal is just a casting nightmare I think, but it's funny if the guy who played Green Hornet on the tv show was around and looked the way he did back then he would be perfect for it.

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/mptv/1295/Mptv...Williams,%20Van

I can only say that only time will tell when it comes to the plethera of upcoming superhero movies. Many will not make it to the box office, others will enjoy that fabulous 2 month stay, which only a select few, maybe 1 or 2 if we're all lucky will make something of themselves. Casting aside, which is hard to do, one of the major downfalls of these movies still remains BAD, VERY BAD scripts. I'm mean come on..you guys remember the line when Storm said "You know what happens to a toad when it's hit by lightning...same thing that happens to everything else." OH GOD..what was that? The one chance in the movie for Holly to shine and it gets fizzled by a bad line. So we will all have to wait and see what happens.
    Something is neither good nor bad but thinking makes it so.

Originally posted by Tybris@Nov 19 2004, 10:29 AM
    I'm sorry..Mel Gibson???? Maybe back in his Mad Max days he could pull off Hal, but not even if you gave him 10 years back now could he do it. Russel, um..how about NO..even better..HELL NO! He's too short, too smug and doesn't have the debonaire look that Hal needs. Mat Damon I think if he brushed up on the role and took it seriously he could pull off Kyle quite well. Hal is just a casting nightmare I think, but it's funny if the guy who played Green Hornet on the tv show was around and looked the way he did back then he would be perfect for it.

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/mptv/1295/Mptv...Williams,%20Van

I can only say that only time will tell when it comes to the plethera of upcoming superhero movies. Many will not make it to the box office, others will enjoy that fabulous 2 month stay, which only a select few, maybe 1 or 2 if we're all lucky will make something of themselves. Casting aside, which is hard to do, one of the major downfalls of these movies still remains BAD, VERY BAD scripts. I'm mean come on..you guys remember the line when Storm said "You know what happens to a toad when it's hit by lightning...same thing that happens to everything else." OH GOD..what was that? The one chance in the movie for Holly to shine and it gets fizzled by a bad line. So we will all have to wait and see what happens.
    MAT DAMON! BRILLIANT! ( not) If he had ACTING SKILL yeah.
    he would make a good Kyle. Crowe may be too short, but how many actors ARE short and noone EVER notices? (HOLLYWOOD MAGIC!!!)
    The gibby (mel gibson) is short. Crowe has the skill he would just have to take the time to actually calm down and NOT play the angry man( for once). Hal IS a casting nightmare, but still NOT impossible.
    KINGPIN WAS AN EQUALLY AWESOME TASK.
    NOONE HAS EVEN TRIED TO TACKLE THE / OF THUNDERBIRD.
    Hal is just a little difficult. Take what youv'e got and MAKE it work.....
    I mean hell look at travolta in the punisher.
    I would have NEVER picked whats his fuck for spider-man, but he was decent.
    Somebody took a chance on Christopher Reeves.....
    HOT DIGGITY DAMN! Van would fit perfect..... too bad hes like 400 now.... :dancingsad:

Originally posted by ETHERSPIN@Nov 17 2004, 10:20 PM
    try as i might i couldnt find the bat lantern bit ?? i found something on a superman site, the guardians prior 2 krypton exploding were monitoring Lara and Jor El because they knew of their achievements and bloodlines and wanted 2 make their son leader of the guardians and give him a power ring but while the lantern of the krypton sector was on his way 2 give information of the impending end of the planet and need for evacuation he was in an explosion and blinded and could not take the message any further, as Kal El ended up on earth they left him in his current role as he pretty much protects earth anyway!
    It was in otherworlds. Bruce wayne became the green lantern. I never got to read it personally, but my best friend/ cousin has a copy.
    (he will NOT even take it out of hiding.) he readi it ONCE! and put it away.
    it's in the link a few posts back. I can't find anything concrete either, but I know it exists.....

Sorry, I don't watch farscape :shock: I saw the dude though, and even though the details are kinda sketchy....
    BRILLIANT! Sign him up!
    Ben browder and Morris Chestnutt so far......
    (MIDGETS TO PLAY THE GUARDIANS?) :lolbonk:

blue ooompa loompas???
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Originally posted by ETHERSPIN@Nov 20 2004, 01:30 AM
    blue ooompa loompas???
    :bowlaugh: :bowlaugh: Hee heee hee heeh heheheh hehehahahahrharhharhrhrhfhah4hfrhfhrhahrdh hfooHrehjrfo heowehf o;ahf hto[iFHIHGHUO HUIWgruipvh ewGTRPO HTUwehtr[ovi HTEUWhto[ HTEWOIht HAAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAH urk!
    *Loud thud*

And I thought I was a comic book nerd.... guess not!!
    Only thing worse than failure is not trying

Originally posted by Chukwuka@Nov 23 2004, 04:57 PM
    And I thought I was a comic book nerd.... guess not!!
    im pretty sure you will dig this picture!!

if anyone ever says 2 me again, which superhero would you be.. theres the answer!!
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Do transformers count? :shucks:

I hope they make a good job of that movie.
    IF YOU CANT BEAT THEM, AVOID THEM FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

Originally posted by fd@Nov 27 2004, 12:41 PM
    Do transformers count? :shucks:

I hope they make a good job of that movie.
    it sounds promising, what form is it in?? live actors and CG robots??
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Hey.

Since so many of us seem to be comic book nuts (I used to be a HUGE one though I HATED DC STUFF) and since I'm scaling back my workload somewhat I'm thinking of doing a 3d series right here in the forum. It'll be action rather than comedy, with plenty of graphic violence and sex (OF COURSE), but I've already figured out ways to work us all into the story. If you don't mind me sharing your title and space in your forum Tim, I plan to call it ASTRAL PLANE 2500.

If there are no objections, I should have the first installment up before Christmas.
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

ha! sounds awesome coz.. go right ahead
    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

go 4 it Coz !

~Martin Luther King Jr.

COOL!
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum