+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: superhero films

Originally posted by Foxy11@Nov 11 2004, 06:48 AM
    The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (although this was not based off comic book heroes, it was a nice collection of literary heros put into a superhero context)
    Well, it was based off comic book versions of literary heroes, as written by Alan Moore. At least the first volume of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen has been published into graphic novel form and can be found at most comic book stores. It even has Victorian-style narration and ads!

It's also far, far better than the movie. Nemo's ship rocked, but the rest ... :toetap:
    "Uncertain emotions force an ... uncertain smile." - The The

You guys are gonna have to excuse me but I must be the biggest Spawn fan here!! I must say the first spawn movie sucked Az!! The HBO Cartoon was the F-ing Bomb diggity!! I agree with the Morris Chestnut and Green Lantern League theory
    I think you should kik or punch or whatever they call it to somebody, KD!! Now, other than Spawn, I am insulted by the Mel Gibson suggestion...!! No way, we shouldn't corrupt Wolverines image no more than it already has been with ole boy from X-Men... They should've picked someone more stocky... Logan is way more ripped andcut than that guy... shit!! :madrant:
    Only thing worse than failure is not trying

I ain't your sucka baby.. The_Kay_Dee's Avatar

QUOTE=ETHERSPIN,Nov 10 2004, 07:46 PM] thats a brilliant idea man.........

I am a newly converted fan... im trying to find used comics round where i live with no luck as yet.. some used bookstores had stacks of worn comics at about 20cents each but now i can only find where they are repackaged and sold at full price.. ill keep looking im curious as to how hal jordan found out about alan scott and how they tied it all in..

as for the lantern corps idea.. they could really build on the differences in the capabilities and mindset of the ring bearers affecting the output of the ring and their abilities i.e. i know stewart is the most skilled at flying and agility.

so would u start the first movie with hal??? its a cool idea gradually introduce the others or have stewart and the others brought in when hal is incapacitated some how in the second movie?? [/QUOTE]

Spin,
    Hal is too complex. Would you do Parallax or spectre?
    When hal goes nuts and KILLS most of the Lanterns and guardians and we meet Kyle. Or start with Jon? Me I like the parallax series, spectre seems like a way to keep a character alive long enough to redeem him, and I WANT JON!
    So I would do a REVERSE series. Start with Jon then go back in the second or third film to Abin Sur meeting Hal and tie it all in with some Parallax action scene or two then into some smash bang action adding help from a few of the well known lanterns with a lil love and tenderness for the ladies that went because thier man is a comic freak.

(Morris chestnutt in a torn shirt, with sweat and stuff would grab the ladies attention and hold it long enough for us to get away with making a REAL comic movie with action and a MORAL while bringing about some gettin' busy after the movie.) Hal Jordan
    Kyle Rayner
    A man is where he loves, not where he lives....

your idea is very good and the chronology.. i wasnt thinking of necessarily even having kyle mentioned at this stage.. thus no parralax or spectre unless they got to like a green lantern 4 !!! hal would be main guy in GL1 , stewart in number 2 when hal is out of commision and by the time 3 or 4 arrives hal is insane and kyle does in fact have to kill him and at the end of the movie is visited by spectre!

theres massive holes in what ive read of the past green lantern stuff.. what was happening with stewart during the parallax time and when kyle fought hal?
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Originally posted by byrdie+Nov 11 2004, 09:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (byrdie @ Nov 11 2004, 09:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Foxy11@Nov 11 2004, 06:48 AM
    The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (although this was not based off comic book heroes, it was a nice collection of literary heros put into a superhero context)
    Well, it was based off comic book versions of literary heroes, as written by Alan Moore. At least the first volume of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen has been published into graphic novel form and can be found at most comic book stores. It even has Victorian-style narration and ads!

It's also far, far better than the movie. Nemo's ship rocked, but the rest ... :toetap: [/b][/quote]
    Thanx Byrdie...like I said when it comes to comics :stupid:
    Don't let them change you inside, cause anyone who matters will try to understand who you are.

When you always stay in self-incarceration...I think it's such a shame.

I made a pilgrimage to save this human race, never comprehending the race was long gone by.

I'm going to have to toss my hat into the ring. First off Chris is the ONE and ONLY Superman as far as I'm concerned. Distant second is Tom Welling as young Clark Kent in Smallville. In an even far distant third is Dean Cane. Any attempt to create another Superman movie will be about as big a blockbuster as Catwoman. With that said, Batman 1&2 are the only two that I will acknowledge that even exists, but I am looking forward to Year 1. Spiderman is pretty cool as far as superhero movies go. Cuz when you think about it, no otherone stacks up to these three (Superman,Batman,Spiderman). The Hulk was pretty lame. Daredevil, well it had Ben Affleck in it, it was doomed from day 1. Catwoman? um, she's not even a hero and I don't know where they got the idea that she has powers and the only draw to the movie is Holly in a badly made cat suit. Hellboy, well I don't know much about, it was entertaining at best. X-men, well it was entertaining and Hugh Jackman did ok as Wolverine, hats off to Patrick Stewart and Mcellar(sp) though. Fantastic Four, oh god when will they learn. Ok I like Jessica Alba as much as the next guy, but um..Sue Richards? Who's kidding who? The guy who plays Johnny storm looks older than she does and Sue's supposed to be the 'older' sister. The guy playing Dr. Richards, don't know the man from Adam but he just doesn't fit the role. The guy playing Ben however looks like he'd be good. Oh and um..Sue Richards is a blonde. Bad casting has killed many a movie, especially super hero movies but even more so is bad scripts and I can already see FF going down hard.
    Something is neither good nor bad but thinking makes it so.

Originally posted by Tybris@Nov 13 2004, 01:57 AM
    I'm going to have to toss my hat into the ring. First off Chris is the ONE and ONLY Superman as far as I'm concerned. Distant second is Tom Welling as young Clark Kent in Smallville. In an even far distant third is Dean Cane. Any attempt to create another Superman movie will be about as big a blockbuster as Catwoman. With that said, Batman 1&2 are the only two that I will acknowledge that even exists, but I am looking forward to Year 1. Spiderman is pretty cool as far as superhero movies go. Cuz when you think about it, no otherone stacks up to these three (Superman,Batman,Spiderman). The Hulk was pretty lame. Daredevil, well it had Ben Affleck in it, it was doomed from day 1. Catwoman? um, she's not even a hero and I don't know where they got the idea that she has powers and the only draw to the movie is Holly in a badly made cat suit. Hellboy, well I don't know much about, it was entertaining at best. X-men, well it was entertaining and Hugh Jackman did ok as Wolverine, hats off to Patrick Stewart and Mcellar(sp) though. Fantastic Four, oh god when will they learn. Ok I like Jessica Alba as much as the next guy, but um..Sue Richards? Who's kidding who? The guy who plays Johnny storm looks older than she does and Sue's supposed to be the 'older' sister. The guy playing Dr. Richards, don't know the man from Adam but he just doesn't fit the role. The guy playing Ben however looks like he'd be good. Oh and um..Sue Richards is a blonde. Bad casting has killed many a movie, especially super hero movies but even more so is bad scripts and I can already see FF going down hard.
    spot on bout fantastic four.. baaaad casting choices in my opinion...
    about superman tho.... i have hopes... Brandon Routh looks like he could be whipped into shape and make for a good supes,hulk and daredevil were pretty much trainwrecks although some elements of em worked i thought..
    Bale seems to be the best actor for batman out of any of em so far and by a mile..

speaking of green lantern previously.. taye diggs has also been suggested for the role tho i see stewart with a different face structure in the comics.. cant explain, longer face or something, more sensible/wise lookin.. dunno

as for other black superheroes, i found this ..

black superhero listing

i like the idea of bloodwynd as well.. i could see a cool movie with a dark occult feel to it and also exploring his roots, and i dont mean when martian manhunter impersonated him , i mean the original bloodwynd.. see the listing link above....
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

The Earth is safe
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

JESUS! :bigshock:
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

Oh Damn, that's freakin funny. I honestly can't think of anyone to play the part of John Stewart as Green Lanter, but I guess you have to think about it in two different parts. Is it John with hair and no gotee or is it the bald John with the gotee? That I think would change who may and may not fit the role, but my guess is its ealier with hair and no gotee, in which case I'll have to say:

Denzel=BAD choice/good actor

Wesley=Decent but he's too thin and doesn't have that wisdom/sensible look Ether mentioned.

Cuba=DEAR GOD NO!

ANY Wayan's brother=JUST BURN THE SCRIPT NOW!

LL Cool J=Hmm, he's got the build but does he have the acting chops for a super hero role?, besides he's almost to much of a pretty boy.

I honestly can't think of anyone to play the part, it might be time to go after a few no name actors to pull this off. I mean Tom Welling isn't what I'd call a well known actor but I'll be damned if he wasn't a superb pick to play Clark. He looks like what you'd think even Chris Reeve looked like when he was younger, and to top it off he and Michael Rosenbaum (Flash from Justice League on Cartoon Network) are surprisingly good actors and fit the roles to a tee. So going to the reservers and getting away from the so called 'A' list might be the Green Lanterns only hope if they plan to do John. Hal on the other hand I think could be up for grabs, however if they even consider Ben, Leo, or Orlando, consider the movie trashed. Don't get me wrong I think of the three Orlando is a far better actor, but too much of a pretty boy to be Hal. Oh, Orlando Bloom for those not sure of who I ment. I'm a harsh movie critic when it comes to this stuff. I'd love to see a Batman Beyond movie, but I think to pull it off with big blockbuster results, you're going to have to get Michael Keaton to return as Bruce wayne, albeit an older one. Sorry Mike I know you want to shake the Batman gig but, just face it..you can't, you're IT. At least this way he can do the handing off of the torch thing, but then if Batman Year 1 does really well, maybe they'll use that guy instead.
    Something is neither good nor bad but thinking makes it so.

I know that John is a black, but Vin Diesel would be good.

there we go, just right. keep walking...

Originally posted by Harmeister@Nov 14 2004, 01:14 AM
    I know that John is a black, but Vin Diesel would be good.

:cry: please im begging you anything , anything , not vin diesel....

if only Delroy Lindo was younger...
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Intelligent Posts :11

harm.....sorry...vin would need to learn how to act first

Originally posted by Dr. Johny Fever@Nov 14 2004, 01:14 PM
    harm.....sorry...vin would need to learn how to act first
    I'll agree with that. I was talking more about physique. That's the build I would imagine GL to have.

Intelligent Posts :11

so your fantasizing about the male build now Harm....might want to call your therapist.. (unless you feel that its natural, which not that there is anythiing wrong with that)

zing..................sorry..had to be done

harm is the new syxx!
    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

uh. No.

I am firmly in the enjoying women category. anything else,

I only said that because I watched Pitch Black the other day on sci-fi and kind of thought he fit the bill, so to speak. Riddick (minus the evil part) reminds me of green lantern.

oh, and chief.... :tinker: :crossjerk: nao valeu a pena, viu?

yeah let him grow some hair,die it red and he can be guy gardner.. theres my blockbuster :happysad:
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

I ain't your sucka baby.. The_Kay_Dee's Avatar

Originally posted by Tybris@Nov 13 2004, 12:21 PM
    Oh Damn, that's freakin funny. I honestly can't think of anyone to play the part of John Stewart as Green Lanter, but I guess you have to think about it in two different parts. Is it John with hair and no gotee or is it the bald John with the gotee? That I think would change who may and may not fit the role, but my guess is its ealier with hair and no gotee, in which case I'll have to say:

Denzel=BAD choice/good actor

Wesley=Decent but he's too thin and doesn't have that wisdom/sensible look Ether mentioned.

Cuba=DEAR GOD NO!

ANY Wayan's brother=JUST BURN THE SCRIPT NOW!

LL Cool J=Hmm, he's got the build but does he have the acting chops for a super hero role?, besides he's almost to much of a pretty boy.

I honestly can't think of anyone to play the part, it might be time to go after a few no name actors to pull this off. I mean Tom Welling isn't what I'd call a well known actor but I'll be damned if he wasn't a superb pick to play Clark. He looks like what you'd think even Chris Reeve looked like when he was younger, and to top it off he and Michael Rosenbaum (Flash from Justice League on Cartoon Network) are surprisingly good actors and fit the roles to a tee. So going to the reservers and getting away from the so called 'A' list might be the Green Lanterns only hope if they plan to do John. Hal on the other hand I think could be up for grabs, however if they even consider Ben, Leo, or Orlando, consider the movie trashed. Don't get me wrong I think of the three Orlando is a far better actor, but too much of a pretty boy to be Hal. Oh, Orlando Bloom for those not sure of who I ment. I'm a harsh movie critic when it comes to this stuff. I'd love to see a Batman Beyond movie, but I think to pull it off with big blockbuster results, you're going to have to get Michael Keaton to return as Bruce wayne, albeit an older one. Sorry Mike I know you want to shake the Batman gig but, just face it..you can't, you're IT. At least this way he can do the handing off of the torch thing, but then if Batman Year 1 does really well, maybe they'll use that guy instead.
    Stop the madness! MORRIS CHESTNUTT IS JON STEWART. NO TAYE DIGGS! TAYE CAN PLAY "BLACK PANTHER" HE FITS THE "HOUSE" ROLE.
    HELL NO ON FUCKIN VIN DIESEL!!!! MAYBE AS THE "JUGGERNAUT"
    OR A CRAPPED BACKGROUND MR. WONDER BUT THERE NEVER NEEDS TO BE ANOTHER VIN DIESEL SUPERHERO UNTIL HE READS THEENTIRE SERIES OF WHO IS WHO AND WHY NOT HAVING CHARACTERS MADE FOR HIM. Stewart has NO equal in the loser Riddick. Vin diesel couldn't even find the ring..... Dyed red hair.... tee hee guy gardner... tee hee wait! :shock: :shock: give him the role of "the Red Tornado" He can do that......] MAYBE "WAR MACHINE" NEVER LANTERN....

AGAIN NOOOOOOOOO ON WESLEY SNIPES! HE CAN DO BLACK PANTHER ALSO. (i NEVER LIKED PANTHER. HE WAS NEVER REALLY PART OF THE TEAM, HE STAYED BEHIND TO CLEAN UP WHILE EVERYONE ELSE SAVED THE WORLD.)
    i GOTTA GO, I AM BEING HAILED BY MY SUPERIORS (INSTRUCTORS)
    i'LL HOLLA!!!
    A man is where he loves, not where he lives....

morris grows on me daily for john stewart, as for Hal , i wish mel gibson was 10 years younger!
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

+ Reply to Thread