+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: WHY?????

Warrior of Love Rumi_Philosophie's Avatar

Originally posted by Venus Flytrap@Oct 22 2004, 03:39 AM
    Sure, here's a quickly condensed version.

As you know throughout their history the Hebrews were dispersed many times from their lands. One of the main places they would flee to and settle in was Africa, as it was right next door. The Hebrews as a rule attempted to keep themselves apart from and lord over their pagan neighbors, and thus was hated by them. Many of the greatest African nations wee founded, ruled by and consisted of Hebrew descendants. When these nations fell, and the slave trade began to flourish, it was naturally these hated peoples who were it's victims.
    So you are saying that the Africans that were taken were Jewish? I still do not understand the connection as to how we are descendent from Jews,which I do not agree with. I am not Jewish,but a child of Africa.

Originally posted by Rumi_Philosophie+Oct 24 2004, 01:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rumi_Philosophie @ Oct 24 2004, 01:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Venus Flytrap@Oct 22 2004, 03:39 AM
    Sure, here's a quickly condensed version.

As you know throughout their history the Hebrews were dispersed many times from their lands. One of the main places they would flee to and settle in was Africa, as it was right next door. The Hebrews as a rule attempted to keep themselves apart from and lord over their pagan neighbors, and thus was hated by them. Many of the greatest African nations wee founded, ruled by and consisted of Hebrew descendants. When these nations fell, and the slave trade began to flourish, it was naturally these hated peoples who were it's victims.
    So you are saying that the Africans that were taken were Jewish? I still do not understand the connection as to how we are descendent from Jews,which I do not agree with. I am not Jewish,but a child of Africa. [/b][/quote]
    First of all, you need to educate yourself on exactly what being Jewish is.

Judaism is a religion. Jewish is a tribe, 1 of 12. Hebrew is a people. I never said that these people were Jews, I siad that they were HEBREWS.

You call yourself a child of Africa? Well, where do you think Israel is? Take a good look at a map. Not all of the Hebrews were practitioners of Judaism either.

Have you ever heard of Hannibal? He was a great African...and black...general. He was from Carthage. I would hope that you know all of that, but did you also know that Carthage was founded as a Phonecian colony? Do you know where Phoenecia is? Here's a hint, the Phoenicians, as they were called by the Romans, were also known as Phillistines. I'm sure you've heard of them before, the stupid ass Brits decided to call the land of the Phillistines Palastine. These people were all Hebrews.

Let me ask you Rumi, the great African nations of Mali, Songhay, Ghana...do you think these were Arab kingdoms? Or do you think that the Africans there were running naked through the jungle and swinging from trees until some Arabs came along to educate them? These were BLACK AFRICAN nations who were educated and had long and beautiful cultural traditions BEFORE MUHAMMED WAS BORN! Have you ever even attempted to study the glorious nations of Nubia, Kush or Ethiopia?

Seriously Rumi, the only way to study your history or your culture is to study ALL histories and ALL cultures. If you had, you would know that the huge majority of today's Jews are really not Jews at all, but European converts. You would know that the ancient Hebrews, a BLACK AFRICAN PEOPLE, played a HUGE part in the development of Africa. And, you would understand how Africans could sell other Africans into slavery.

Instead of believing only what you think sounds good, why not attempt to learn the TRUTH?
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

coz i learn more from you than i do any other history teacher i ever had....between this and the satan-sunday connection...."i.e. apollo+sabbath+judeo christian alternate....".....you rock

i do have a black history ? though...you talked about blacks selling blacks for slavery purposes...but back then wasthere a class thing in which they sold the slaves to rich blacks(was there a rich vs poor thing going on in africa where black slaves would work for black land owners? or was the slave trading primarily to the european or puritanical white american market?.....
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

Originally posted by syxxpm@Oct 24 2004, 10:07 PM
    coz i learn more from you than i do any other history teacher i ever had....between this and the satan-sunday connection...."i.e. apollo+sabbath+judeo christian alternate....".....you rock

i do have a black history ? though...you talked about blacks selling blacks for slavery purposes...but back then wasthere a class thing in which they sold the slaves to rich blacks(was there a rich vs poor thing going on in africa where black slaves would work for black land owners? or was the slave trading primarily to the european or puritanical white american market?.....
    No, the slavery that was common to that part of Africa was a tribal battle thing. When 1 tribe fought another in battle those that were captured would become slaves to the tribe. Eventually they would be absorbed into that tribe and become one of them. The racially grounded chattel form of slavery was introduced by Arabs, who basicly invented it and STILL practice it to this day. They were the FIRST to regard people as inferior and to treat them as beasts of burden simply because of their skin color. They are STILL doing it right now!
    Alright
    Yeah...

Originally posted by Venus Flytrap@Oct 24 2004, 08:03 AM

Judaism is a religion. Jewish is a tribe, 1 of 12. Hebrew is a people. I never said that these people were Jews, I siad that they were HEBREWS.

You call yourself a child of Africa? Well, where do you think Israel is? Take a good look at a map. Not all of the Hebrews were practitioners of Judaism either.

Have you ever heard of Hannibal? He was a great African...and black...general. He was from Carthage. I would hope that you know all of that, but did you also know that Carthage was founded as a Phonecian colony? Do you know where Phoenecia is? Here's a hint, the Phoenicians, as they were called by the Romans, were also known as Phillistines. I'm sure you've heard of them before, the stupid ass Brits decided to call the land of the Phillistines Palastine. These people were all Hebrews.

Let me ask you Rumi, the great African nations of Mali, Songhay, Ghana...do you think these were Arab kingdoms? Or do you think that the Africans there were running naked through the jungle and swinging from trees until some Arabs came along to educate them? These were BLACK AFRICAN nations who were educated and had long and beautiful cultural traditions BEFORE MUHAMMED WAS BORN! Have you ever even attempted to study the glorious nations of Nubia, Kush or Ethiopia?

Seriously Rumi, the only way to study your history or your culture is to study ALL histories and ALL cultures. If you had, you would know that the huge majority of today's Jews are really not Jews at all, but European converts. You would know that the ancient Hebrews, a BLACK AFRICAN PEOPLE, played a HUGE part in the development of Africa. And, you would understand how Africans could sell other Africans into slavery.

Instead of believing only what you think sounds good, why not attempt to learn the TRUTH?
    Coz why do you assume to know how much I know and what I don't know? And then you go on to attack people instead of just posting what you know or think you know.Don't assume you know what I know or am thinking. You do not.How you know that I do not know about about pre-islamic and pre-christian Africa? You do not.Attacking people is not a good way to argue. We are all here to learn.Now I admit perhaps when I psoted that I was "A Child of Africa" that might have seemed as a rebuttal of some sort. But I wrote that to say that we black did not originate from anyone but everyone originated from us. So I usnderstood what you wrote as saying that we got our civilization from the Jews which is not correct. But now what it seems you are saying is that the original Jews were black which very well is a likelyhood since they originated in the Nile Valley.Whcih means that ultimately you are saying that Judaism is really Africanisms that have been inveted or poorly copied on,which is correct.Is this what you are saying or no? Btw I do know that todays Jews are white that converted,I think originally to justify Christianity in the middle ages.

Originally posted by Rumi_Philosophie+Oct 25 2004, 08:49 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rumi_Philosophie @ Oct 25 2004, 08:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Venus Flytrap@Oct 24 2004, 08:03 AM

Coz why do you assume to know how much I know and what I don't know? And then you go on to attack people instead of just posting what you know or think you know.Don't assume you know what I know or am thinking. You do not.How you know that I do not know about about pre-islamic and pre-christian Africa? You do not.Attacking people is not a good way to argue. We are all here to learn.Now I admit perhaps when I psoted that I was "A Child of Africa" that might have seemed as a rebuttal of some sort. But I wrote that to say that we black did not originate from anyone but everyone originated from us. So I usnderstood what you wrote as saying that we got our civilization from the Jews which is not correct. But now what it seems you are saying is that the original Jews were black which very well is a likelyhood since they originated in the Nile Valley.Whcih means that ultimately you are saying that Judaism is really Africanisms that have been inveted or poorly copied on,which is correct.Is this what you are saying or no? Btw I do know that todays Jews are white that converted,I think originally to justify Christianity in the middle ages. [/b][/quote]
    Jesus, it's hard to read that color you insist on using.

I think that most of what I said to you was in the form of questions, i don't see where I attacked you in any way and the only assumptions that I have made have been based on things that you said. At any rate, please don't take anything that I say too harshly. I think by now you KNOW how much respect that I have for you, I am just EXTREMELY passionate about history, and am most passionate about OUR history...which I began studying LONG before you were born.

And I do tend to be quite condescending from time to time. :lolbonk:

Also, please try to understand this. A Jew is historicly a person from the tribe of Judah, and then later a person from the nation of Judea. The reason all that we know now is the term Jew is because the original 12 tribes of the Hebrews had split into 2 nations, with 10 of the tribes living in Israel and the tribes of Judah and Benjamin living in Judea. The Assyrians conquered Israel and exiled it's people, who never returned. Judaism is a religion, the surviving sect from the original religions of the Hebrews, who had MANY.

ALL people originate from Africa, but NOT all civilizations. The oldest civilizations originated in the fertile crescent, an area that came to be called Mesopotamia. Though European history now claims this as part of Asia, it is in fact historicly culturally and socially a part of Africa. The original Hebrews came from this area and migrated westward, eventually settling in the land of the Canaanites. They also eventually migrated southward across the Arabian pennisula and southwestward into Egypt and Ethiopia.

Now, what I AM saying is that the Hebrew people were chief progenitors of much of Africa's civilization, long before Arabs or Muslims. I am also saying that MANY of the Africans that were hunted and forced into chattel slavery had Hebrew origins. This is based in fact that can easily be researched.

BTW...are you familiar with the Hebraic connections to Tamazigh culture?
    Alright
    Yeah...

Oh, and the nation of Kazhar converted to Judaism as a means of avoiding the conflict between Muslims and Christians that was ongoing in Eastern Europe at the time. It is from them that today's Ashkenazi Jews descend.
    Alright
    Yeah...

I never studied the Hebrew or Jewish Connections with Africa,simply because I never before harbored an interest in them,nothing personal. But this is very interesting and I was at the mid=manhattan library today and I saw many books on this topic or related and I thought back to this conversation here. But I wind-up checking out a book by Mariamma Ba of Senegal.

Originally posted by Rumi_Philosophie@Oct 25 2004, 12:24 PM
    I never studied the Hebrew or Jewish Connections with Africa,simply because I never before harbored an interest in them,nothing personal. But this is very interesting and I was at the mid=manhattan library today and I saw many books on this topic or related and I thought back to this conversation here. But I wind-up checking out a book by Mariamma Ba of Senegal.
    It's all good girl.

Like I said before, study all, and all will be revealed.
    Alright
    Yeah...

DAMN COZ,

You is one informed Brotha,
    Mad Mad Love and RESPECT....
    I think I may have to take a stab at studying some of that... Very very interesting and I should know these things...
    Only thing worse than failure is not trying

We need to know our history and who we are as a people. Man,this morning I got a taste of what many of our afrocentric scholars and leaders have been saying or rather warning us about. We live in a white Country and that means that minorities have to be suppressed and colonized for society to function the way that white corporate daddy wants it to. This morning some Louisiana Chick called me racist. I am not racist I am for the survival and prgression of my people and not for promoting white society which is the very aim of globalization and that shit about we're all human. Bull,because in the idealized "all-human" "all-globalized" society,it is white American culture that will prevail and all other cultures will disappear or be pushed to the outskirts. No. I do not want to see this happen,especially for Africa. So if that makes me a racist,so be it. To be honest I don't get up and go to bed with white people on my mind,only MY people. Fuck white people,esp those who do not believe in our struggle. Sorry guys,its the truth of how I feel. :madrant:

Originally posted by Rumi_Philosophie@Oct 26 2004, 12:39 PM
    I am not racist..... Fuck white people :madrant:

Wow. I believe you just managed to seriously confuse and probably piss off the majority of the people on this board.
    I'm not signing this without my lawyer.

I don't care.

Originally posted by Rumi_Philosophie@Oct 26 2004, 02:23 PM
    I don't care.
    If you don't care about how you make the people who you have called your "internet family" feel then you have a serious character flaw.

Seriously, I've been where you are Rumi, and it's a useless place. I had much more grounds for being there than you do too. It's a good part of what caused the rift between Be and me way back when. At a time when I should have been using my skills of leadership and understanding to help him guide his career, I abdicated my position and gave in to anger and hatred. The only thing that I have to show for it now are reminders of wasted time and opportunities.

You really need to stop for a minute and access the moves you have ahead of you, as if you were playing chess. What is it that you wish to accomplish, and just how will the moves that you are making now lead you to it?

Think carefully now, because you probably have much less time than you think.
    Alright
    Yeah...

I think you do understand how I am feeling,and I do care about my online family. I am not saying kill white people and for the record,if someone needed help,regardless of their skin color I would help them. But I am just so sick and tired of everytime black people want to know about our own history and take pride in our own culture,we are branded. The way I see it,it just a mechanism of control. Please PM me with a response on this Coz. Thanx.

Without putting fuel on the fire, I feel the need to pipe up. I don't know what you are going through, or really how you feel other than what you have posted here. So I'm going to give my little shpeal and then I'll be quiet.

First off, most people (but not all) now adays are incorrectly branded as racist when the term is used. In general no one is racist, regardless of the situation (excluding extremist groups like skinheads and the KKK to whom the term is correctly applied). The correct term would be bigot. From Merrian Webster a bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices. A person who is racist adheres to a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race. This might have been true in the past, but people of all colors incorrectly use the term racist and racism. Most, if not all, stupidity in the world today revolves around bigotry.

Now that the english lesson is over, I want to talk a second about pride in your personal heritage and culture. We all have something to be proud of in our ancestry. Now this is a white person's point of view, so take it however you want. I have absolutely no problem with anyone. I'm all for each person learning about where they came from and why they are here. Learn what your people did.

The problem comes, however, when you try to force other people to take pride in your heritage and not their own. Bear with me for a second. If a chinese guy does whatever he does to take pride in his ancestry, or a black guy does whatever he does to take pride in his culture, or the native american, or whatever, everyone sees this as OK. But if a white guy ever tried to this what do you think would happen? He would be branded (again incorrectly) as racist.

I think that a similar thing occurs in the eyes of each group of people (lets call them race for the sake of argument). If one race appears to be trying to force it's ideals and principles on another race, even if that is not true, then they are called racist. When in reality it is the bigotry of the latter race being intolerant of the former.

So to lump all white, or black, or chinese, or whatever group of people together is also a kind of bigotry. Brian, or Chief, or I, or any of the rest of us have never done anything (as far as I know) that would lump us in this large group of white corporate racists as you put it (although not in so many words). I'm not offended, because I don't think that was what you meant. Just like you said you don't wake up with White people on your mind, I don't wake up with black people. I wake up with my kids, and my family, and my friends on my mind.

Anyways, enough rambling. Hope I didn't offend anyone any more than they were before

there we go, just right. keep walking...

Intelligent Posts :11

so what your saying rumi is..i have absolutely no chance at making mad passionate love to you? Just because I look like I was one of the shooters in the Grassy Knoll (per Be). Jesus woman..you couldve just turned me down the way every other woman does.."Get your hands off my butt you perv" *slaps face with authority*

I've got that on vinyl. DJ Detroit Butcher's Avatar

No point in keeping everything I just typed on here, Wrong fucking day for this; if I could erase my presence off this thread, I would.

I hope you find peace one day Rumi. :squintfinger:
    Keep your headphones on.

Originally posted by Harmeister@Oct 26 2004, 06:56 PM
    Without putting fuel on the fire, I feel the need to pipe up. I don't know what you are going through, or really how you feel other than what you have posted here. So I'm going to give my little shpeal and then I'll be quiet.

First off, most people (but not all) now adays are incorrectly branded as racist when the term is used. In general no one is racist, regardless of the situation (excluding extremist groups like skinheads and the KKK to whom the term is correctly applied). The correct term would be bigot. From Merrian Webster a bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices. A person who is racist adheres to a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race. This might have been true in the past, but people of all colors incorrectly use the term racist and racism. Most, if not all, stupidity in the world today revolves around bigotry.

Now that the english lesson is over, I want to talk a second about pride in your personal heritage and culture. We all have something to be proud of in our ancestry. Now this is a white person's point of view, so take it however you want. I have absolutely no problem with anyone. I'm all for each person learning about where they came from and why they are here. Learn what your people did.

The problem comes, however, when you try to force other people to take pride in your heritage and not their own. Bear with me for a second. If a chinese guy does whatever he does to take pride in his ancestry, or a black guy does whatever he does to take pride in his culture, or the native american, or whatever, everyone sees this as OK. But if a white guy ever tried to this what do you think would happen? He would be branded (again incorrectly) as racist.

I think that a similar thing occurs in the eyes of each group of people (lets call them race for the sake of argument). If one race appears to be trying to force it's ideals and principles on another race, even if that is not true, then they are called racist. When in reality it is the bigotry of the latter race being intolerant of the former.

So to lump all white, or black, or chinese, or whatever group of people together is also a kind of bigotry. Brian, or Chief, or I, or any of the rest of us have never done anything (as far as I know) that would lump us in this large group of white corporate racists as you put it (although not in so many words). I'm not offended, because I don't think that was what you meant. Just like you said you don't wake up with White people on your mind, I don't wake up with black people. I wake up with my kids, and my family, and my friends on my mind.

Anyways, enough rambling. Hope I didn't offend anyone any more than they were before
    Very well put Harm!

I would point out though that whites, and indeed ALL Americans ARE taught to take pride in white culture and history throughout their education, and for the most part to the exclusion of most or all others. And yes, it IS propper to call that educational system RACIST, as by purposefully excluding the accomplishments and contributions of other peoples it by default paints those excluded cultures and histories as INFERIOR.

This is what Rumi is railing against, and as a lover of history from the time that I was 1st able to read it is a rail that I understand and share as well. Many white people in this country have developed a defense mechanism, whereas to show that THEY are not guilty of the offenses comitted by whites of the past, they also try to show that now THEY are being victimized. It's sort of like the 1 good cop getting pissed at a police brutallity victim for having a bad attitude towards cops, after the 5 bad cops beat his ass down.

My main thing with Rumi is to get her to understand that ALL cultures and histories have value, even those of the oppressors. Otherwise you are only getting the parts instead of the whole...and the parts can be manipulated to LIE. This is EXACTLY what America and the West have done. To try and balance this lie by only studying those histories and cultures which are selected for you by others with an agenda only adds their lies to the first.

History and culture belong to the people of the earth...ALL of the people. As we ALL come from Africa we are ALL part of ONE FAMILY. To hear only about this brother or that sister or these cousins is to neglect the full story of the family, and in truth, to remain in darkness. For the part is as useless without the whole as the whole is without the part.
    Alright
    Yeah...

so like...why is it all quiet, then the shit hits the fan yet again...?

+ Reply to Thread