+ Reply to Thread

Thread: whats the difference between heaven and hell?

heres something i read somewhere on the matrix,sorry,i mean web.forgive me for i cannot recall it word for word and some of it is in my own words so it loses some of its magic ......................a japanese monk is meditating alone at the side of a road when a samurai warrior goes to him and kicks his leg."hey monk"the samurai sneers,"teach me the difference between heaven and hell".the monk ignored him and carried on meditating.the sumurai was getting angrier and angrier,he couldnt believe that this monk was ignoring him,a japanese samurai.again he kicked him"monk,answer my question".the monk opened his eyes,"why should i teach a smelly,dirty,ignorant,stupid samurai anything?" at this the samurai,his face contorted in rage,drew his sword and brought it down towards the smiling monks neck."that",said the monk,"is hell!".in a split second the samurai stopped his sword an inch from the monks neck and instantly realised that the monk had risked his life to teach him a lesson.in that moment the samurai felt great love for a fellow human who was willing to sacrifice his life for the good of one mans spiritual path and he smiled ."and that",laughed the monk"is heaven!!!" eace:
    for answers look within

I've read that one before, but I still like it. Thank you. One of my favorite sources of parables is the Osho Transformational Tarot -- I actually like it better for the parables than for the actual cards themselves. The website gives random examples of the cards:

http://www.osho.com/magazine/tarot/C...cfm?Transf=Yes
    "Uncertain emotions force an ... uncertain smile." - The The

+ Reply to Thread