+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Someone here must know

I recently rebought a Pharcyde Cd that I had forever, but it got lost or stolen. When I got the new CD some of the songs that were on the old CD were missing and a some fo the lyrics had changed form the original Cd. The same thing happened with "He's the DJ I'm the rapper" when I rebought that. I don't understand why they would change lyrics.
    "he who disowns me before men will be disowned before the angels of God."

Jesus Christ...Luke 12:9

What were the missing songs like? The changed lyrics? Contain certain sampled music or quotes of other lyrics? At all controversial?

I remember hearing that Prince/The Artist/His Royal Squiggle has changed some of his racier lyrics on older songs since he converted to Jehova's Witness. Some older actors have started doing more family-type movies since having stable-looking families of their own (one -- perhaps Robin Williams -- stated that he wanted to be able to show his kids at least some of his movies).

Maybe the same thing is happening in music?
    "Uncertain emotions force an ... uncertain smile." - The The

byrdie might be right, that sux though. I was recently thinking about re-purchasing their old albums(stolen) and that is a bummer if some of the old songs (that I want to hear) are changed.
    fullamyself, sickamyself, truetamyself

I will always be myself - through the good times and the bad.

It really sucked on "He's the DJ I'm the rapper" because there was a part at the end of one of the songs where Jazzy Jeff showed off a litte on the turntables and when I got the new CD it wasn't there...

I've got that on vinyl. DJ Detroit Butcher's Avatar

That's odd, about the he's the dj album. I don't remember ever hearing that album being changed ..... guess i'll have to hold onto my original cassette. what song are you talking about, where jeff's solo is missing?

About the pharcyde album, there is a "clean" version of the bizarre ride lp out there, that was originally sold at k-mart, etc. maybe you got ahold of one of those.....
    Keep your headphones on.

Originally posted by Boogie@Sep 28 2004, 09:20 AM
    It really sucked on "He's the DJ I'm the rapper" because there was a part at the end of one of the songs where Jazzy Jeff showed off a litte on the turntables and when I got the new CD it wasn't there...
    you know im gonna know abt that :kekeke: basically the vinyl of hes the dj was too long to fit on the cd version.. so they cut all this stuff off the end of tracks.. you really gotta have the vinyl.. you prob get an extra 15 mins all up...

as far as the pharcyde..they re-release albums, and maybe they had some sampling problems like be with the bliss album.. i'd just get the original album off of ebay

ohh detroit butcher.. the tape version of hes the dj has it all aswell..

http://www.jazzyjefffreshprince.com
    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

Ya I am going to have to hit Ebay. I want the original shiznit that I used to bump in my 88 Caprice Classic... Hiero pardon my ignorance, but if I can ask what is your relation to Dj Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. Because I have seen your posts before making reference to them.

Originally posted by Boogie@Sep 28 2004, 01:33 PM
    Hiero pardon my ignorance, but if I can ask what is your relation to Dj Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. Because I have seen your posts before making reference to them.
    Tim's their favorite groupie, he supplies them with horsedogs whenever they go to Australia. :rofl:
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

I've got that on vinyl. DJ Detroit Butcher's Avatar

Originally posted by HieroHero@Sep 27 2004, 08:10 PM
    the vinyl of hes the dj was too long to fit on the cd version.. so they cut all this stuff off the end of tracks.. you really gotta have the vinyl.. you prob get an extra 15 mins all up...

the tape version of hes the dj has it all aswell..

fuck fuck fuck! guess i'm never buying it on cd then. Will, what up with a reissue on 2 cds? My cassette ain't gonna last forever!
    Keep your headphones on.

Originally posted by Boogie@Sep 29 2004, 04:33 AM
    Ya I am going to have to hit Ebay. I want the original shiznit that I used to bump in my 88 Caprice Classic... Hiero pardon my ignorance, but if I can ask what is your relation to Dj Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. Because I have seen your posts before making reference to them.
    i run that jazzy jeff and fresh prince website... actually i was hanging out with will and jeff earlier this year...and got to watch em make a brand new track... fuckin amazing! 1 of their best... oh and they are remaking brand new funk for the new album

Originally posted by Coz+Sep 29 2004, 05:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Coz @ Sep 29 2004, 05:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Boogie@Sep 28 2004, 01:33 PM
    Hiero pardon my ignorance, but if I can ask what is your relation to Dj Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. Because I have seen your posts before making reference to them.
    Tim's their favorite groupie, he supplies them with horsedogs whenever they go to Australia. :rofl: [/b][/quote]
    you think i have an endless supply of horsedogs? i horde thm all for myself :fawkdance:

+ Reply to Thread