+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lenny Kravitz

His new album aint that bad......who has it?

I really like his ballads. Nothing is better than California. That one funky jam track #6 is good too. eace:
    I have found peace so let it continue......

Loved Kravitz...up until Baptism.
    I'm not signing this without my lawyer.

his albums get worse.. as far as im concerned...

he's a copycat :dabutt:
    -TheXodus-

I've got that on vinyl. DJ Detroit Butcher's Avatar

Originally posted by sdldawn@Sep 2 2004, 07:55 PM
    his albums get worse.. as far as im concerned...

he's a copycat :dabutt:
    :whogives: sdldawn, prince is a copycat too...

Yes, California is tight. I loved Kravitz's first four albums. Fuck anything he's done since Circus tho. Yes, I've got the new one. YUCK!
    Keep your headphones on.

Yeah, in some ways he is.. but at least he has his definant sound...

Lenny is a f*ckin joke
    -TheXodus-

Someone play all of lennys new slow songs.. one after the other.. and tell me that he didnt just drop a key down to form the next song...

The song "Again" is "wherever you go" on the rave disk.. hell, even the man himself knows that...
    -TheXodus-

I honestly think the album is real good. Compared to most of what is out there. Definitely better. Theme wise it is the best. We need more spiritual music out here. More up lifting. Prince is TOTALLY ORIGINAL.

He is groundbreaking to say the least. His last album is old school...done prince's way.

That gap commercial with him and Sarah Jessica Parker is pretty ground-breaking, lol. Acutally it is a really, really good marketing advertisement and most people in marketing are quite impressed at how well it's doing.

Well, the only thing that commercial's done for me is make me completely sick of that fucking song. they show the commercial 80 times a day, i hate it. I'm not a krvitz hater either, I love his first four albums, i even have the vinyl version of are you gonna go my way, cuz it came with a bonus cd of b-sides and shit.
    Keep your headphones on.

Intelligent Posts :11

Holy Shiite......anybody else notice Red just posted...wuts up young man..how you been?

hahaha, I've been good. I keep trying to come back regularly but shit happens, ya know.

Yeah that commercial is way overplayed, but it's nothing less than great marketing. The Gap is gonna get a big sales increase from that.

seriously red, and this is coming from a kravitz believer, someone who knows he's capable of more than he's been .......

do you really, really think the gap is going to get a 'big sales increase' because lenny kravitz is in their commercials? he's not respected now, and he never has been. maybe they should have used "flower child" in the commercial instead of that new song. now that would have been SWEET.
    Keep your headphones on.

Lenny K is a fucking joke. Period.

moocher

:dabutt:
    -TheXodus-

Well just about everyone's new album this year has sucked, it's not just lenny.

prince has been a joke since 1997... and has completely forgotten how to write a hook.

sonic youth has mellowed in their old age ... people don't buy a SY album to hear soft rock.

everlast has gotten too "straight out the trailer" ... the world already has one 'kid rock', and doesn't need two.

ani difranco ..... one lonely chick.

twiztid have completely run out of ideas .... no further comment since nobody on this board is even likely to have heard of them.

icp, see twiztid.

the cure ... don't even get me started. fuck ross roberson AND his mother.

pm dawn ...... oh wait they never released their new album.....
    Keep your headphones on.

Originally posted by samedeepwaterasyou@Sep 17 2004, 08:20 PM

prince has been a joke since 1997... and has completely forgotten how to write a hook.

sonic youth has mellowed in their old age ... people don't buy a SY album to hear soft rock.

everlast has gotten too "straight out the trailer" ... the world already has one 'kid rock', and doesn't need two.

twiztid have completely run out of ideas .... no further comment since nobody on this board is even likely to have heard of them.

icp, see twiztid.

I dont know if its the artists.. or just you.
    -TheXodus-

Originally posted by samedeepwaterasyou@Sep 17 2004, 11:20 PM

OH HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no offense but did you hear "call my name"??

"just can't stop writing songs about you....love you so much.....just can't wait to get my arms around you and feel your touch."

And Cinnamon girl??

Matter of fact......did you even listen to the album Bro???

The soulfullness of call my name beats anything the whole year in r and b.

Originally posted by filmwizdaddy+Sep 18 2004, 11:42 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (filmwizdaddy @ Sep 18 2004, 11:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-samedeepwaterasyou@Sep 17 2004, 11:20 PM

"just can't stop writing songs about you....love you so much.....just can't wait to get my arms around you and feel your touch."

And Cinnamon girl??

The soulfullness of call my name beats anything the whole year in r and b. [/b][/quote]
    well, Musicology wasnt something I thought prince would have released as a "return" album.. especially after The Rainbow Children.. which most of the instrumentation was done by him and is just better music.. Call My Name has great lyrics and a nice melody, but damn.. its just too mainstream r and b stuff.. his voice is top notch.. he's juts got a long way to go in my opinion..
    -TheXodus-

Originally posted by filmwizdaddy@Sep 18 2004, 02:42 PM

And Cinnamon girl??

The soulfullness of call my name beats anything the whole year in r and b.
    [/quote]
    Call My Name and Reflection are about the only two tracks worth a fuck on it. Yes, I've listened to the damn album. I wish I could love it like everyone else seems to, but I don't. I know Prince has still got some great music left in him, he blew me away during the all-star jam on "while my guitar gently weeps" at the Hall Of Fame show. But I haven't been liked much of anything after "the truth" album. Whatever.

To paraphrase Sprokets:

"This thread has become tiresome. It is time to dance."
    Keep your headphones on.

Originally posted by samedeepwaterasyou@Sep 17 2004, 10:20 PM

icp, see twiztid.

The musical-taste nazzi strikes again... :kekeke:
    I'm not signing this without my lawyer.

Originally posted by Brian221+Sep 19 2004, 05:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Brian221 @ Sep 19 2004, 05:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-samedeepwaterasyou@Sep 17 2004, 10:20 PM

icp, see twiztid.

The musical-taste nazzi strikes again... :kekeke: [/b][/quote]
    :roll: :lolbonk: :roll:
    -TheXodus-

+ Reply to Thread