+ Reply to Thread

Thread: some cool cds..

What have you forum people been listening to lately?

I'll give the run down on what ive been listening to this (past couple)years:

7th Standard EP; cool rock not cheesy radio rock!

Carl Thomas, EMOTIONAL ; cd about heartbreak, losing someone"woke up this morning
    you weren't there, all I see is an imprint of your pillow", produced by p. diddy

RES; You guys told me about this cd, produced by esthero's producer; Best track is
    'tsunami '

OUTKAST , THE LOVE BELOW ; not often that the album of the year wins a grammy

Sarah Mcglaughlin AFTERGLOW; her mother dies, she tries to cope and get along w' her husband at the same time

:cry:

SEAL 4; yes this cd lives up to the hype; liked 'tinsel town'

My list of what i've been lsitening to as of late is pretty large. I have been dragging my feet on getting the last Seal. You have to know the RIGHT time to club a seal i always say......

Here's what's been spinning in my head and such..

Love-Forever Changes ---Great freaking album. Nice mix of psychedelic , rock and other all other sorts of flim flam.

Jimi Hendrix-First Days of the New rising Sun---Top notch album. Last thing he was working on before he passed. Shows off all his talent in many a different way

Bruce Springsteen-Born to Run---Never was into "the Boss" until this last year or so. His first three albums are darn good. This one doesn't disappoint either....

The Polyphonic Spree-Together were Heavy---It's also quite great!. If you liked Tripping Daisy and the first Spree album you'll love this one. It is a little bit more different with an expanded use of piano's and more vocals. All in all a very worthwhile pickup...
    I do not suppose I shall be remembered for anything. But I don't think about my work in those terms. It is just as vulgar to work for the sake of posterity as to work for the sake of money.

Orson Welles

josh rouse - 1972
    Jeff Buckley Grace Digitally remastered 3 cd (2 disk 1 dvd)
    Five For Fighting- 2 song acoustic cd
    Ben Folds- Super D Ep (Fucking superb!)

and a few others.. pm dizzie.. of course
    -TheXodus-

I can't get into the BOSS.

Seal, I thought the cd would suck since it's been
    forever since he released anything. I bought it a month ago.

I liked Human Being, not a very pop cd though, very jazzy.

I like all Jeff Buckley's stuff.

Brandy - Afrodisiac....nice!!!
    Only thing worse than failure is not trying

Matt i used to never like The Boss. I heard his first few albums and they reminded me a crapload of the Counting Crows who i like quite a bit. His lyrics are strong and i dig that.

Trevor Horn was working together again with him on this new album(SEAL) He worked with him on his biggest selling album....
    I do not suppose I shall be remembered for anything. But I don't think about my work in those terms. It is just as vulgar to work for the sake of posterity as to work for the sake of money.

Orson Welles

I still find myself fond of Wench's debut CD, despite the fact that it was years old when I happened upon "Radio India".

I like almost everything off The Cramps' A Date With Elvis. But then, I also rather like The Red Elvises, so there you go.

Depending on what I read, Ashley MacIssac is either very good at media manipulation or a complete jerk. Whichever. hi ™ how are you today? is one of the best fiddle albums I've ever heard. But then, I like that it's upbeat and crosses genres, rather than just sticking with traditional Celtic music.

I rarely find a CD where I can listen to every single song without wanting to skip around or just rip one or two songs off of iot and be one with the thing. Moby's Everything Is Wrong is better for me than most albums, oddly enough.

I think that for being able to listen to every track (maybe not in official order), Wendy and Lisa's early, self-titled album wins.

Yes, I listen to old, random stuff. :dunno:
    "Uncertain emotions force an ... uncertain smile." - The The

+ Reply to Thread