+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Album reccomendation

Hey gang,
    I may be a little late with this but a couple of weeks ago my boyfriend got me a new CD; it's a Jimi Hendrix tribute album. IT'S AWESOME!!! It's called Power of Soul and it has a lot of great artists paying tribute to Hendrix, like Earth, Wind, and Fire, Sting, Lenny Kravitz, Chaka Khan, Musiq, Robert Randolph and the Family Band...it's definitely worth a listen. :bowdown:
    Don't let them change you inside, cause anyone who matters will try to understand who you are.

When you always stay in self-incarceration...I think it's such a shame.

I made a pilgrimage to save this human race, never comprehending the race was long gone by.

Originally posted by Foxy11@Aug 13 2004, 12:07 PM
    Hey gang,
    I may be a little late with this but a couple of weeks ago my boyfriend got me a new CD; it's a Jimi Hendrix tribute album. IT'S AWESOME!!! It's called Power of Soul and it has a lot of great artists paying tribute to Hendrix, like Earth, Wind, and Fire, Sting, Lenny Kravitz, Chaka Khan, Musiq, Robert Randolph and the Family Band...it's definitely worth a listen. :bowdown:
    And why didnt you mention the Prince cover of Purple House

I digs it!
    -TheXodus-

Purple House?
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

Originally posted by sdldawn+Aug 13 2004, 04:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sdldawn @ Aug 13 2004, 04:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Foxy11@Aug 13 2004, 12:07 PM
    Hey gang,
    And why didnt you mention the Prince cover of Purple House

I digs it! [/b][/quote]
    oops my bad and PRINCE eace: :bowdown:
    Don't let them change you inside, cause anyone who matters will try to understand who you are.

I made a pilgrimage to save this human race, never comprehending the race was long gone by.

A few months back i picked up First Days of the New rising Sun. F*ing Brilliant. To this day there is no one who plays the guitar like Hendrix.
    I do not suppose I shall be remembered for anything. But I don't think about my work in those terms. It is just as vulgar to work for the sake of posterity as to work for the sake of money.

Orson Welles

Originally posted by LumtheMad@Aug 14 2004, 10:56 AM
    A few months back i picked up First Days of the New rising Sun. F*ing Brilliant. To this day there is no one who plays the guitar like Hendrix.
    That's an amazing fukkin album. It contains all of "The Cry Of Love", which was my 1st Hendrix album, and unfortunately the last one he made while still alive. He was working on it when he died. It's a perfect picture of where he was heading at the last...there was no fukkin stoppin him if he had lived!

"Freedom" is my all-time favorite Jimi Jam!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

Originally posted by Coz@Aug 14 2004, 11:30 AM

"Freedom" is my all-time favorite Jimi Jam!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
    :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

FREEDOM!!!!

great song...Hendrix rocks!! and I love the bass in it too.

That album(First Days of the New rising Sun) *if* we can call it an album is a damn masterpiece as far as i am concerned. It's got a great soulful rocking edge with a damn fantastic feel to it. Freedom is one hell of a jam. I am also quite partial to...Hey Baby (nEw Rising Sun) The whol damn thing is great tho. Picked it up used at a store too!

Another thing i just picked up that i enjoy which was remastered like last year or so is Love's album FOREVER Changes. This is also a damn fine album. Arthur Lee is/was a great frontman.
    I do not suppose I shall be remembered for anything. But I don't think about my work in those terms. It is just as vulgar to work for the sake of posterity as to work for the sake of money.

Orson Welles

Originally posted by LumtheMad@Aug 14 2004, 07:56 AM
    Totally Agree With u on this.
    -TheXodus-

Bump All that......................my recommendation is Power Light By EWF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable album for all soul fans..
    I have found peace so let it continue......

+ Reply to Thread