+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Cuts that you create...

I know the "ask be" section is closed.. but anyone is free to comment on this song and what its meaning.. I really dig it, the only thing i'd like to know more about, or not meaning everything.. but a comment on the "I Feel Just Like Joseph"
    -TheXodus-

I am just guessing but...in terms of Joseph in the bible, I guess it would be you feel forgotten, and unimportant. He was Jesus' father only in name and his role and mention in the bible is very small. After Jesus got to a certain age he is pretty much gone from the picture and the only family members mentioned is Mary, and Jesus' brothers I think.

Like many new fathers, especially in a large family, you kind of get pushed to the side as all the attention is turned towards either the baby or the mother, you're just kind of 'there'. I don't have any kids, but I know that feeling all too well, you just feel like crawling in a hole and dying, cuz you feel like nobody cares about you anymore, and whose gonna miss me. As a guy it's kind of hard to express this feeling or share it with anyone else, because..hey..you're a guy right. Aren't you supposed to just be able to suck it up and be a man. Funk that, we have feelings too, and no matter how macho a man thinks he is...feeling like you don't matter to anyone is a very dark place to be in.
    Something is neither good nor bad but thinking makes it so.

"But I don't know the reasons why the angels sing to you
    I feel just like Joseph"

I just assumed he was talking about Joseph, husband of Mary and stepfather--so to speak--of Jesus. Sort of like Be's expressing a sympathetic feeling with Joseph who's suddenly got this kid that the angels are singing to, but he's got some background doubt/anger/guilt about it because he doesn't quite understand the whole thing and doesn't really feel like he's part of/important to the whole process.

I don't know, I'm the worst interpreter of song lyrics ever, so perhaps I should just skip out on this topic altogether. :dunno:

That makes so much sense Tybris. Not saying it's the "right" interpretation or anything like that--if there is such a thing--but it's certainly the one I'm going to keep in mind the next time I listen to that song.

ask atma
    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

+ Reply to Thread