+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Info regarding Ben Folds new album

Ben Folds new album has been delayed until the first of 2005. Apparently he has put forth the time needed to complete William Shatners album..

but rest assure.. he's got a new EP due out in weeks to come.

Ben has announced that his new EP will be available in 'weeks', and billboard.com have a rough track list.

They report that the EP will consist of Ben's 'Rent-a-Cop', 'Adelaide' and 'Kalamazoo', a cover of the Darkness' 'Get Your Hands Off My Woman', and possibly a live version of Ray Charles' 'Them That Got'.

It's not known whether there will be limited edition signed copies available via attackedbyplastic.com (as there were for the previous 2 EPs), but it's fairly certain that it will be sold there and on iTunes. It will also be available in smaller Japanese music stores.

I love me some Ben Folds!
    -TheXodus-

I ain't your sucka baby.. The_Kay_Dee's Avatar

My favorite was "brick" & "wheres summer B?"
    A man is where he loves, not where he lives....

Rock N' The Suburbs is an amazing album.. he did every instrument on the album.. a truely talented musician
    -TheXodus-

last night at the indianapolis concert he said, "and this song will be on my new album.....eventually.."

"that's pretty deep stuff. that's not, 'yo yo yippy yo yo bling bling, smack a bitch.'"
    "when i eat chicken nuggets....they don't look like they're in pain...but i believe that they were.."

heard henry rollins talking about the shatner album, he has a duo on it. Im suprised someone needs time on his album......
    America needs a Tennessee Volunteer

thing is, Ben must not be satisfied with an overall approach with this new album.. i think it has something to do with not having a paticuar format, or should I say consistant theme.. Like the production of Rock'N the Suburbs.. they flowed perfectly and if u took one song off the album, u knew where it came from.. He said that these new songs are not like that, they have a different feel
    -TheXodus-

Yeah, I'm all over that album too. Thanks for the update!
    I just don't end up where think I'm going when I start out.

Im just glad he's puttin out this new ep entitled Super D.. cause he knows how bad his fans are lookin forward to the new album.. glad he's puttin somethin to hold us over
    -TheXodus-

Went and saw him the other day with Guster and Rufus Wainwright. Mr Folds did a damn fine job! He also played some of the stuff he's done off the Ep's. Great show all the way around. A fun time.
    I do not suppose I shall be remembered for anything. But I don't think about my work in those terms. It is just as vulgar to work for the sake of posterity as to work for the sake of money.

Orson Welles

He's by far one of the most talented pianist playin right now.. he's got an edgy feel, and he keeps things.. umm.. "cool".. thats the only word to describe how he can bring the younger generation to still hip to his style.. man has got talent running through his veins..

100% total underdog of the music industry.. Ben Folds fuckin rocks man :bowdown:
    -TheXodus-

During a "rock-out" part during the show Guster came on the stage with him. Well during a jam-fest Folds says "Thank you and goodnight! " and walks towards the back. Only to see he loops around and climbs on the drums and starts playing those without missing a beat.

The guy is quite a talent thats for sure. I don't mind waiting at all for his new album.
    I do not suppose I shall be remembered for anything. But I don't think about my work in those terms. It is just as vulgar to work for the sake of posterity as to work for the sake of money.

Orson Welles

Yeah, the dude is seriously talented. When I saw him last year (?) he was playing a song on piano, one of the stage hands ran out with a floor tom and held it for him while he played one hand on the piano and the other on the floor tom. Then the stage hand walked with him to bring to tom around to an open area of the stage all the while Ben was playing it in a funky beat. When they set the tom down, more stage hands came running out with the rest of a drum set and as soon as they would set it down he would incorporate it into his solo until he had the complete set. He played that for about 30 secs, then they started pulling it back out one by one until the same tom was left, and the stage hand walked him back to the piano and he started playing that with one hand and the tome again, then went into a new song. :dancingcool: :dancingcool:

The guy's got skills.
    I just don't end up where think I'm going when I start out.

+ Reply to Thread