+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Album's you are excited about....

I love when you have an artist you dig and they are working on a new album. It's that new toy in the toy store sort of feeling. In any case i thought i'd bust out my ---Can't wait til they get here list---

1)PM Dawn-The Jim Sullivan syndrome (---don't know how far away it is and don't care. Just great to know the guys are working on new tunes----)

2)Bjork--Album due in fall ( Love Bjork and always look forward to her releases. I'm interested to see how this new albums turns out)

3)Wilco--A Ghost is Born ( I'm excited about this one. I've also been spoiled because they have the album up on their website and i've given a listen once or twice. Good stuff. An album i cannot wait to own)

4)Rufus Wainwright--Want Two (sadly Want Two is in limbo right now. I am hopefully , sometime, someday ,someway it'll get released as planned. )

5)Fiona Apple---(Fiona's album has also been put on hold while they have hear "work on a single" Hopefully they don't shelve the whole damn thing. I've heard they're are some "Outkasty" sort of beats on this one. I like Jon Brion's work as well and he worked on her with this as well

6) Elliott Smith---From a Basement on a Hill( Ahh this is a sad sad tail. I was sooo damn bummed when i heard he had passed away. I am eager for this to come out and at the very same time dreading it as it will be the last new thing i ever hear from him. Reports say that it was shaping up to be his Pet Sounds in terms of sound and scope. I thought the guy to be quite gifted. A damn tragic loss)

7)Brian Wilson-Smile (now while it isn't Smile 1966-67 it's still Smile in some cases.I have to support Brian Wilson and i am sure this re-recording is going to be worthwhile and very damn interesting. Still would rather have the Beach Boys version.....)

So how bout you guys?
    I do not suppose I shall be remembered for anything. But I don't think about my work in those terms. It is just as vulgar to work for the sake of posterity as to work for the sake of money.

Orson Welles

1.chumbawamba-un(6/12)
    2/velvet revolver-contraband(6/12)

thats it so far but hey theres always fall
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

PM Dawn Album.. no doubt.. its first on my list..

Beck- Heard that missy E is havin somethin to do with it
    Ben Folds- Super D (Comin this summer)
    Wilco- A Ghost Is Born
    Prince- Whatever he's cookin up

much more
    -TheXodus-

Originally posted by LumtheMad@Jun 1 2004, 05:17 PM
    I love when you have an artist you dig and they are working on a new album. It's that new toy in the toy store sort of feeling. In any case i thought i'd bust out my ---Can't wait til they get here list---

1)PM Dawn-The Jim Sullivan syndrome (---don't know how far away it is and don't care. Just great to know the guys are working on new tunes----)

2)Bjork--Album due in fall ( Love Bjork and always look forward to her releases. I'm interested to see how this new albums turns out)

3)Wilco--A Ghost is Born ( I'm excited about this one. I've also been spoiled because they have the album up on their website and i've given a listen once or twice. Good stuff. An album i cannot wait to own)

4)Rufus Wainwright--Want Two (sadly Want Two is in limbo right now. I am hopefully , sometime, someday ,someway it'll get released as planned. )

5)Fiona Apple---(Fiona's album has also been put on hold while they have hear "work on a single" Hopefully they don't shelve the whole damn thing. I've heard they're are some "Outkasty" sort of beats on this one. I like Jon Brion's work as well and he worked on her with this as well

6) Elliott Smith---From a Basement on a Hill( Ahh this is a sad sad tail. I was sooo damn bummed when i heard he had passed away. I am eager for this to come out and at the very same time dreading it as it will be the last new thing i ever hear from him. Reports say that it was shaping up to be his Pet Sounds in terms of sound and scope. I thought the guy to be quite gifted. A damn tragic loss)

7)Brian Wilson-Smile (now while it isn't Smile 1966-67 it's still Smile in some cases.I have to support Brian Wilson and i am sure this re-recording is going to be worthwhile and very damn interesting. Still would rather have the Beach Boys version.....)

So how bout you guys?
    All these are on my list too, minus Wilco and Brian Wilson, but add Ben Folds like sdldawn.

Incedentally, Rufus just posted today that he's gonna have some stuff available from Want Two at the end of June on iTunes.

Can't wait...
    I just don't end up where think I'm going when I start out.

I just got the two Ep's Mr. Folds put out this last year...Sweet 16 and Speed Graphic. Well worth picking up. I also forgot and found some other lost Ep of B-sides i had from him as well. I am excited about his new one and almost put it on the list.....going to see a concert with him and Rufus and Guster on 06/27/04.

I also did see Rufus was going to have some stuff on Itunes right after i posted this. Needless to say i am pumped!
    I do not suppose I shall be remembered for anything. But I don't think about my work in those terms. It is just as vulgar to work for the sake of posterity as to work for the sake of money.

Orson Welles

beastie boys!!!
    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

I JUST GOT AN IMPORTOF THE WAMBA ALBUM..ITS AWESOME....THE SAMPLES ARE GREAT!....THERES A SAMOAN FOLK SAMPLE,A THOMAS EDISON SAMPLE! AND A MONTY PYTHON SAMPLE!

now for velvet revolver

and the songs are all smart ass yet catchy :fawkdance:
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

+ Reply to Thread