+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: bitch about overplayed songs

got some friends or friends of friends as well who come round sometimes, saying what music they wanna hear, i know basically what sort of music they are into,if i try to pop something on i think they will like it doesnt really get the time of day, but if it was on the radio or in a club they would play it till i was sick of it .. it gets on my nerves when they discover a new artist based purely on one song and think this person is the epitome of the genre and they all get the album based on the 1 song ..

e.g. I am sick to death of Kanye West - Through the wire , Eamon - f**k it, the darkness - I believe in a thing called love ..... btw , Kanye West , just to clarify will someone please type in the dictionary pronunciation guide style, how do you pronounce kanye
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

khan-yay
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

I'll tell ya what bugs me the most - gum noise. I have to ride the subway to and from work with thousands of other people every day. It never fails that every time I make a trip someone is popping their gum. Whether it's the loud pop-pop-pop of gum through the front teeth or the small pop that comes with every chomp of the jaw (I have no idea how people accomplish this, but I'm convinced it's an oral fetish), I HATE it!

so YOUR the hubba bubba serial killer hnoes9:
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

thought so Syxx , cheers for the confirmation ..
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Obviously you ride the train with plenty of school kids! :bowlaugh: :bowlaugh: :bowlaugh: :bowlaugh:
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

Egads! I have ousted myself! :rofl:

Yeah, those high school girls will drive you nuts...loud and obnoxious as shit! Can't imagine how they ever appealed to me....

......yes I can! :rofl:
    Alright
    Yeah...

Originally posted by ETHERSPIN@Apr 7 2004, 11:56 AM

e.g. I am sick to death of Kanye West - Through the wire , Eamon - f**k it, the darkness - I believe in a thing called love ..... btw , Kanye West , just to clarify will someone please type in the dictionary pronunciation guide style, how do you pronounce kanye
    FUCK KANYE WEST....another over payed....over rated producer.......everything sounds the same with him and his oldschool high pitched lady singin in the background beats :madrant:

EAMON SUCKS A FAT ASSSS....trying to be hardcore with his explicit lyrics......yall wanna know who was one of the first r and b acts to be explicit when no one else had the balls to.....JODECI. Everyone loved BOYZ II MEN AND OTHER ACTS>.....now everyone is trying to be explicit and they suck at doing too.
    I have found peace so let it continue......

Originally posted by Coz@Apr 7 2004, 12:43 PM
    Obviously you ride the train with plenty of school kids! :bowlaugh: :bowlaugh: :bowlaugh: :bowlaugh:
    You know, the really sad part is that most of the poppers are adults.

Originally posted by cabotb@Apr 7 2004, 11:16 AM
    I'll tell ya what bugs me the most - gum noise. I have to ride the subway to and from work with thousands of other people every day. It never fails that every time I make a trip someone is popping their gum. Whether it's the loud pop-pop-pop of gum through the front teeth or the small pop that comes with every chomp of the jaw (I have no idea how people accomplish this, but I'm convinced it's an oral fetish), I HATE it!
    that is my biggest pet peave in class or anywhere. I get so sick of it instantly it makes me temporarily insane.

I hate hearing people eat also
    fullamyself, sickamyself, truetamyself

I will always be myself - through the good times and the bad.

I hate pharell too, he was just way overplayed and not as creative with his songs as people gave him credit for.

Eamon, hit a different note every once in a while, PLEASE.

I love that Mario Winans song with Diddy and Enya, damn that is such a good song.

Originally posted by justafan@Apr 7 2004, 02:42 PM

I love that Mario Winans song with Diddy and Enya, damn that is such a good song.
    Sorry man that song sucks too............that sample of enya was used by wyclef in 96 on the fugees records....and P. Diddy has used that drum beat like a thousand times already.....same ol same ol for me. He first used that drum beat sample with Jodeci on Come and Talk to me remix. That was the actual version that was released. IT is sad that he can't be more creative. I feel bad for mario.

I gotta agree with FW on this 1. Everytime I hear that shit I start singin "ready or not...here I come...you can't hide..."
    Alright
    Yeah...

Yeah I know.......but you know what....I remember when I was young I didn't realize that some pf the beats were already used. NOw that I am older I see and have experienced more in music. So I know how kids would not know the difference. It is the kids that they sell to I guess in many cases. I am waiting for something more original.

Oh Let me ask you coz.......do you think the quality of music was better in the early 90's as a opposed to now?? Or is it the same. :dunno:

Hmm...depends on which type of music we're talking about.
    Alright
    Yeah...

Originally posted by filmwizdaddy+Apr 7 2004, 07:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (filmwizdaddy @ Apr 7 2004, 07:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-justafan@Apr 7 2004, 02:42 PM

Sorry man that song sucks too............that sample of enya was used by wyclef in 96 on the fugees records....and P. Diddy has used that drum beat like a thousand times already.....same ol same ol for me. He first used that drum beat sample with Jodeci on Come and Talk to me remix. That was the actual version that was released. IT is sad that he can't be more creative. I feel bad for mario.[/b][/quote]
    There is a difference between creativity and a good song. You can make a good song without being creative at all.

P Diddy has made a career of hearing something and using it later, although we all know he isn't the only one that does that. Anyways, of course that Enya loop is from the Fugees and of course the first time you hear it you think back to that, but once Mario gets going he forces you to listen to him. Also, that Enya loop is hot as hell, it was then, it still is now. If your going to use it again it has to be on a passionate song with other things going for it, and in this case Mario Winans and the song meet all of the necesary prerequisites. Diddy's verse is pretty good too.

My favorite love songs sort of play around with the antithesis love. Take 10CC's I'm not in Love. That song is wonderful because you know the guy is madly in love but he tries to play it off, its painful to hear what he has to say because you can sense that it is true and that it's eating him up inside. Now Mario Winans walks that same path. The man is in love and he doesn't want it to stop even though he knows that his girl is cheating on him. That breaks the commitment of their love and he doesn't much mind. "I don't want to know, if your playing me, keep it on the low..." His presentation along with Enya and the beat all combine to make a wonderfully heartfelt song. Creative or not, the song is still VERY GOOD and I can't wait until I hear it again.

About puffy not being original, the man is a capitalist. No where in capitalism is originality a must. His genius, whatever it is, has amassed him a 1/4 or more of a billion dollars... so he must be fooling a lot of kids each year, if that is what is going on (and I might agree with you on that on some levels).

Oh my God...OH MY GOD!!!

No you didn't just compare 10CC's classic "I'm Not In Love" with that monotonal unmelodic crap!

NO YOU DIDN'T!!!!! :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:
    Alright
    Yeah...

the comparison wasn't on equal grounds, but it was for effect.

Yep, I got the effect. :kekeke:

the comparison was only about my affinity for seemingly anti-love love songs. :happysad:

ADDED WITH EDIT: So buck you and the horse you rode in on :fawkdance: (of course I am just kidding :rofl: )

Actually, I agree with you about the lyrics of "I Don't Wanna Know", and I completely agree about "I'm Not In Love"...one of my alltime faves.

But the lyric...or maybe just the sentiment behind it...is the only original redeeming quality that I find in this song.

EVERYTHING about "I'm Not In Love" was BRILLIANT!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
    Alright
    Yeah...

+ Reply to Thread