+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: irony or akward timing?

Sounds good to me!

If Chief slips into a coma we can divy up whatever's in his wallet...
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

Intelligent Posts :11

just do me a favor..if freks around..super glue all my orifices and tell him im still alive

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    Alright
    Yeah...

:roll: :rofl: :lolbonk: :roll: :rofl: :lolbonk: :rofl: :rofl: :roll:
    I need to go home... :wavey:
    I'm not signing this without my lawyer.

Originally posted by Coz@Apr 8 2004, 03:42 PM
    Sounds good to me!

On the real...you can just have the dollar...I don't want to have to get change.
    I'm not signing this without my lawyer.

Originally posted by BrianCCXXI+Apr 8 2004, 04:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BrianCCXXI @ Apr 8 2004, 04:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Coz@Apr 8 2004, 03:42 PM
    Sounds good to me!

On the real...you can just have the dollar...I don't want to have to get change. [/b][/quote]
    :bowlaugh: :bowlaugh: :bowlaugh: :bowlaugh: :bowlaugh: :bowlaugh: :bowlaugh: :bowlaugh: :bowlaugh:
    Alright
    Yeah...

I saw the film last night, I really did enjoy it , I know it only represents 12 hours of his entire life but it was well done ,it seemed to capture the spirit even if there were some inaccuracies ... I liked how when jesus passed a place he knew or a person he knew it would flash back to a significant moment in his past involving that, in this way these brief moments showed how he was in the rest of his life, e.g. draggin the cross through the streets he remembers the same streets but on palm sunday when he was there for a whole different reason & when mary magdelene is at his feet and he recalls saving her from being stoned 2 death, ohh and the most heart wrenching one, and pure artistic license from mel gibson .. SPOILER (hehe a spoiler for a story thousands of years old) , jesus falls trying to carry the cross , mary flashes back 2 him as a child trippin up and fallin outside their home, she picks up the child and says "im here" and then she pushes through the crowd to her adult son and says the same. it was added in obviously but thats probably how any mother watchin that happen 2 her son would feel...

on the bad side.. what the hell is up with the satanic figure, i mean fair enough satan has appeared to jesus in his past so perhaps he did during the crucifiction to tempt him into giving up but why does this devil carry a baby with a twisted face like a man ?? i may be missing something somewhere in the bible??

I fully appreciate the 2 dimensional aspect of the movie , but it did touch on the real jesus, it showed how the pharisees twisted his words as well..
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Originally posted by ETHERSPIN@Apr 9 2004, 02:37 AM
    why does this devil carry a baby with a twisted face like a man ?? i may be missing something somewhere in the bible??
    Glad someone else here went to see the film, Etherspin. That scene with the devil carrying the creepy baby is meant to be the devil mocking Jesus. Think of all the depictions in art of Mary holding the baby Jesus - that is what the devil is mocking in that part of the movie. The androgynous nature of the devil really helps here! Very creepy. I don't know where the idea came from, but it works though.

good point man .. i see what your sayin bout the imagery now ... and although its like artistic license it does work , also there was the rotting animal around judas as well(when he hung himself).. i nearly jumped when that demon thing shrieked in his face .. i think what was added in was like extrapolation, an extra human element .. it was also kinda weird the colour to jesus' eyes was that because the actor had blue eyes and they wanted them brown ?? cause they almost looked as if they were red !!!!!

anyone who hasnt seen the movie dont get the wrong idea, what ive just mentioned about sums up what was added to the film, except for the flashback 2 jesus falling over as a child..
    it all worked very well i thought ..

2 worst moments for me were the flashback when he was fallin as a child, and when the roman soldier grabbed that rope tied to his arm and said, no , this is how you do it.. everyone gasped around me..

on the bad side, knowing the background to the story , i did benefit from seeing the movie, but there was a woman comin out of the cinema who did not seem to, she just looked at her mate and said, i dont know what all the hype was about .. it seemed that she had no perspective to it, just heard it hyped up as a movie about this dude that coincedently was quite gory...
    "One day the absurdity of the almost universal human belief in the slavery of other animals will be palpable. We shall then have discovered our souls and become worthier of sharing this planet with them."
    ~Martin Luther King Jr.

+ Reply to Thread