+ Reply to Thread

Thread: radiohead - just

awesome x20

"that's pretty deep stuff. that's not, 'yo yo yippy yo yo bling bling, smack a bitch.'"
    "when i eat chicken nuggets....they don't look like they're in pain...but i believe that they were.."

word
    fullamyself, sickamyself, truetamyself

I will always be myself - through the good times and the bad.

Indeed.

I think The Bends was their best album.

It's hard to top OK Computer for sheer brilliance factor... depression can be fun! I'm really digging Hail To The Thief as well. It's really amazing that they have been able to keep the quality of their music so high for so long. Few bands can do that.

I think PM Dawn is another exception to the rule... they seem to be getting even better with each album... Damn, when is that new album coming out!!! :cry:

I've got that on vinyl. DJ Detroit Butcher's Avatar

That's the one where dude is lying on the sidewalk right? :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
    Keep your headphones on.

I'm with Cabotb on the whole Radiohead issue. The Bends just totally rocked like an alt-ROCK album. I liked OK Computer okay, and Hail to the Thief is good as well, but The Bends just rocked.
    I just don't end up where think I'm going when I start out.

Radiohead is a group which frustrates the mess out of me. I think they go too far out of their way to make inaccessible music. They are capable and still have made some great songs but all the random noodling and what-have-you's on some of their more recent albums make for a tough listen. Not saying it cannot be rewarding but i think to a large degree it's pretty unneccasary.

Hail to the Thief still hasn't got me yet. I still go back to Amnesiac more often. I just don't see or feel the GREAT album vibe from Thief. I think it's a good album and far better than much of the crap which is out there.....but by Radiohead standards it's a bit low for me. ****opinion subject to change****
    I do not suppose I shall be remembered for anything. But I don't think about my work in those terms. It is just as vulgar to work for the sake of posterity as to work for the sake of money.

Orson Welles

+ Reply to Thread