+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spread the Smiles

Warrior of Love Rumi_Philosophie's Avatar

I am a mother of three (ages 14, 12, 3) and have recently completed my college degree.

The last class I had to take was Sociology.

The teacher was absolutely inspiring with the qualities that I wish every human being had been graced with.

Her last project of the term was called "Smile."

The class was asked to go out and smile at three people and document their reactions.

I am a very friendly person and always smile at everyone and say hello anyway, so, I thought this would be a piece of cake, literally.

Soon after we were assigned the project, my husband, youngest son, and I went out to McDonald's one crisp March morning.

It was just our way of sharing special playtime with our son.

We were standing in line, waiting to be served, when all of a sudden everyone around us began to back away, and then even my husband did.

I did not move an inch...an overwhelming feeling of panic welled up inside of me as I turned to see why they had moved.

As I turned around I smelled a horrible "dirty body" smell, and there standing behind me were two poor homeless men.

As I looked down at the short gentleman, close to me, he was "smiling."

His beautiful sky blue eyes were full of God's Light as he searched for acceptance.

He said, "Good day" as he counted the few coins he had been clutching.

The second man fumbled with his hands as he stood behind his friend. I realized the second man was mentally challenged and the blue-eyed gentleman was his salvation.

I held my tears as I stood there with them.

The young lady at the counter asked him what they wanted.

He said, "Coffee is all Miss" because that was all they could afford. (If they wanted to sit in the restaurant and warm up, they had to buy something. He just wanted to be warm).

Then I really felt it - the compulsion was so great I almost reached out and embraced the little man with the blue eyes.

That is when I noticed all eyes in the restaurant were set on me, judging my every action.

I smiled and asked the young lady behind the counter to give me two more breakfast meals on a separate tray.

I then walked around the corner to the table that the men had chosen as a resting spot. I put the tray on the table and laid my hand on the blue-eyed gentleman's cold hand.

He looked up at me, with tears in his eyes, and said, "Thank you."

I leaned over, began to pat his hand and said, "I did not do this for you. God is here working through me to give you hope."

I started to cry as I walked away to join my husband and son. When I sat down my husband smiled at me and said, "That is why God gave you to me, Honey, to give me hope."

We held hands for a moment and at that time, we knew that only because of the Grace that we had been given were we able to give.

We are not church goers, but we are believers.

That day showed me the pure Light of God's sweet love.

I returned to college, on the last evening of class, with this story in hand...

I turned in "my project" and the instructor read it.

Then she looked up at me and said, "Can I share this?"

I slowly nodded as she got the attention of the class.

She began to read and that is when I knew that we as human beings and being part of God share this need to heal people and to be healed.

In my own way I had touched the people at McDonald's, my husband, son, instructor, and every soul that shared the classroom on the last night I spent as a college student.

I graduated with one of the biggest lessons I would ever learn: UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE.

Much love and compassion is sent to each and every person who may read this and learn how to LOVE PEOPLE AND USE THINGS - NOT LOVE THINGS AND USE PEOPLE...

If you think this story has touched you in any way, please send this to everyone you know.

There is an Angel sent to watch over you.

In order for her to work, you must pass this on to the people you want watched over.

An Angel wrote:
    Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.

To handle yourself, use your head.

To handle others, use your heart.

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Keep this going.

Banned

Originally posted by Rumi_Philosophie@Feb 9 2004, 04:29 PM
    I am a mother of three (ages 14, 12, 3) and have recently completed my college degree.

The last class I had to take was Sociology.

The teacher was absolutely inspiring with the qualities that I wish every human being had been graced with.

Her last project of the term was called "Smile."

The class was asked to go out and smile at three people and document their reactions.

I am a very friendly person and always smile at everyone and say hello anyway, so, I thought this would be a piece of cake, literally.

Soon after we were assigned the project, my husband, youngest son, and I went out to McDonald's one crisp March morning.

It was just our way of sharing special playtime with our son.

We were standing in line, waiting to be served, when all of a sudden everyone around us began to back away, and then even my husband did.

I did not move an inch...an overwhelming feeling of panic welled up inside of me as I turned to see why they had moved.

As I turned around I smelled a horrible "dirty body" smell, and there standing behind me were two poor homeless men.

As I looked down at the short gentleman, close to me, he was "smiling."

His beautiful sky blue eyes were full of God's Light as he searched for acceptance.

He said, "Good day" as he counted the few coins he had been clutching.

The second man fumbled with his hands as he stood behind his friend. I realized the second man was mentally challenged and the blue-eyed gentleman was his salvation.

I held my tears as I stood there with them.

The young lady at the counter asked him what they wanted.

He said, "Coffee is all Miss" because that was all they could afford. (If they wanted to sit in the restaurant and warm up, they had to buy something. He just wanted to be warm).

Then I really felt it - the compulsion was so great I almost reached out and embraced the little man with the blue eyes.

That is when I noticed all eyes in the restaurant were set on me, judging my every action.

I smiled and asked the young lady behind the counter to give me two more breakfast meals on a separate tray.

I then walked around the corner to the table that the men had chosen as a resting spot. I put the tray on the table and laid my hand on the blue-eyed gentleman's cold hand.

He looked up at me, with tears in his eyes, and said, "Thank you."

I leaned over, began to pat his hand and said, "I did not do this for you. God is here working through me to give you hope."

I started to cry as I walked away to join my husband and son. When I sat down my husband smiled at me and said, "That is why God gave you to me, Honey, to give me hope."

We held hands for a moment and at that time, we knew that only because of the Grace that we had been given were we able to give.

We are not church goers, but we are believers.

That day showed me the pure Light of God's sweet love.

I returned to college, on the last evening of class, with this story in hand...

I turned in "my project" and the instructor read it.

Then she looked up at me and said, "Can I share this?"

I slowly nodded as she got the attention of the class.

She began to read and that is when I knew that we as human beings and being part of God share this need to heal people and to be healed.

In my own way I had touched the people at McDonald's, my husband, son, instructor, and every soul that shared the classroom on the last night I spent as a college student.

I graduated with one of the biggest lessons I would ever learn: UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE.

Much love and compassion is sent to each and every person who may read this and learn how to LOVE PEOPLE AND USE THINGS - NOT LOVE THINGS AND USE PEOPLE...

If you think this story has touched you in any way, please send this to everyone you know.

There is an Angel sent to watch over you.

In order for her to work, you must pass this on to the people you want watched over.

An Angel wrote:
    Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.

To handle yourself, use your head.

To handle others, use your heart.

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Keep this going.
    bless you rumi there was not conflict on this day, this is why god adores you but you should not have been afraid to hug god in the the face of your fellow man

what caused you to tell us this story today? thank you i love you sister. or should i say god,

this is why we need money, so we can give it away, this is why we need more love, so we can give it away, this is why we need wisdom, so we can give it away

this all why god adores you, live that open, loving, and with faith and wisdom,
    and you shall always have that 24 hour feeling of god just wanting you to talk to him without you ego getting in the way. make sure you have no walls so that you may hear and see him clearly.

By the way simmalar things have been happening every day. Don't just stop with a few, tell them all. yesterday it was an old man looking for a place to put his boat, he was driving a beamer, i was really nice and normal to him, all the time wondering is he knows how much god blesses him each day, the at the end of the conversation, i said god bless you instead of good by but he said nothing

ps Rumi my love can i use this in my book?
    then i was on the roof of the storage buildings and saw a young man walking down the road with no sidewalk, and i knew he was god the moment i saw him

i continuned to stare untill he looked up in the sky and gave me one of the warmest smiles that have lit my heart. then fear caused me to turn around for i am still overcoming my fear of mans judgment.

you are all helping thanks

I think it was a cut & paste of an email she got Michael. The author would probably love for you to put it in your book though.

Then again...somebody might just have decided to copyright it and is just waiting for the chance to sue the crap outa you!
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

Banned

Originally posted by Coz@Feb 10 2004, 02:40 PM
    I think it was a cut & paste of an email she got Michael. The author would probably love for you to put it in your book though.

Then again...somebody might just have decided to copyright it and is just waiting for the chance to sue the crap outa you!
    coz have you not cared to know the title?

I am glad that people here realize that it is only a forward and that the point was was to spread kindness and positivity. On the muslim forums they criticized it and annoyed the hell out of me yesterday.

You know I realized that the war inside is over and I feel so at peace.A peace that I haven't felt in a long time.I thought it was because God and Religion died within me.but I see more clearly now.

Anyways,I posted this forward becasue I thought it was something everyone should read and think about,especially those of us who live in big cities with a rampant homeless problem,among others.

Rumi

Originally posted by tinkermichael+Feb 10 2004, 03:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tinkermichael @ Feb 10 2004, 03:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Coz@Feb 10 2004, 02:40 PM

coz have you not cared to know the title? [/b][/quote]
    Nope!
    Alright
    Yeah...

Originally posted by Rumi_Philosophie@Feb 11 2004, 09:20 AM
    I am glad that people here realize that it is only a forward and that the point was was to spread kindness and positivity. On the muslim forums they criticized it and annoyed the hell out of me yesterday.

You know I realized that the war inside is over and I feel so at peace.A peace that I haven't felt in a long time.I thought it was because God and Religion died within me.but I see more clearly now.

Anyways,I posted this forward becasue I thought it was something everyone should read and think about,especially those of us who live in big cities with a rampant homeless problem,among others.

Rumi
    What???!!! You go to other forums???!!!

THAT'S IT!!! TO THE HOOSGOW WITH YOU!!! :P
    Alright
    Yeah...

Rumi, why did the Muslim forum criticize it???

Elizabeth
    Peace and Love

Intelligent Posts :11

Muslims can suck it...

Because of the part about the angels writing(non-islamic belief) and the guy having blue eyes(They felt that this was racism)

Muslims in general do not like Christians,even though many of them don't even know about Christianity nor the understand truly the common heritage that the 2 faiths share. Plus one of the forums that I am about to stop visiting is a moroccan forum,and people there are average minded and are not that openminded. The muslims on that forum and others are orthrodox and so whatever is not in the qur'an is a fallacy basically.Islam is a way of life for them. Plus too as in the case of Morocco,they have been muslim for centuries and so their world view and culture is mixed in with Islamic ideology. Muslims are generally not open to cultural and religious influence. They are prejudiced but deny it.

I cannot abide with that. That is why I now am getting back to practicing my own brand of Hinduism and Buddhism.Muslims see Hindus and Buddhists as idol worshippers and are not interested in hearing the correct explaination that the statue is a representation of the aspects of God,but one does not need the statues nor are they god itself.

There are some repsectful and openminded muslims but as anyone who has studyed the faith and been around them knows,they are a seperatist and prejudiced group,though not racially,but spiritually and culturally.

+ Reply to Thread