+ Reply to Thread

Thread: music peeps

Ok, I'm trying to record from the analog output of my minidisc walkman into the line in on my comp.

After a while I managed to get the sound just right, good volume, clear and no distortion.

When I record this (and ive tried music match, lp recorder and acid pro)
    and play it back the volume is the same but the sound is distorted as fuck and just plain nasty. the only way i can get around it is by making the volume on the line in really really low but it just makes the music go all crap and muddled sounding, not to mention too quiet.

I just dont get it, I hit record in acid and it previews the line in, the two level meters are not going into the red at all, the sound im hearing is great so I hit start recording thinking what i can hear now is what is going to be captured.

As soon as I play it back it sounds like complete crap, how can it sound ok and go throught my soundcard without distorting and then become so crap when its recorded?

Any help would be great

fd.
    IF YOU CANT BEAT THEM, AVOID THEM FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

connect the headphone thingy (or is that what you mean by analog?) on your minidisc player to the audio in on your soundcard. Sometimes there are more than one line in and one of 'em sounds like crap or just pretty much doesn't work at all. If that's what you've been doing, i'm not sure what to tell you.. Maybe try turning the minidisc volume down and then increasing it after recording. :donno:

"that's pretty deep stuff. that's not, 'yo yo yippy yo yo bling bling, smack a bitch.'"
    "when i eat chicken nuggets....they don't look like they're in pain...but i believe that they were.."

it doesnt have volume

it coverts to a normal line signal unless it has earphones so you can use it through a stereo.

Its sounds fine playing throught he comp

but when i try to record it comes out the same volume but all distorted
    IF YOU CANT BEAT THEM, AVOID THEM FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

your soundcard probably just sucks. a lot of cards that come with pcs have atrocious convertors in them, but i'm not sure why it would sound fine until its actually recorded. but... make sure you're recording at 16 bit / 44.1 khz. if you want to upload a little clip of the recording as mp3 i could look at it and be able to tell better what's going on

+ Reply to Thread