+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Beatles Let It Be Naked.. A Five Star Beatle Album

The Beatles Let It Be Naked... A Five Star Beatle Album

At the start of 2003, I heard that there was such words of an album being brought back to life with no studio effects, just a raw cd.. And at the time I had no idea how interesting it would turn out..

I just picked this album out and from start to finish (including fly on the wall disk) was an experience that I first got when I heard their earlier work, even after hearing the first issue of this let it be (Spectorized) The title of this album was perfect.. its a naked, raw, truthful, album thats outstanding.

The clarity of this album is stunning, every sound is in a pop/hiss free enviroment and it sounds beautiful. After one listen to this album, it strikes me that a majority of these tracks are different takes, as The Long And Winding Road sounds as if Pauls vocals are much more on key. The Long and Winding is one of the most stunning tracks on the album. I never thought leaving the strings off would make the sound actually differ, but improve. Vocals are top notch.

Across The Universe is an acoustical piece that gives the memory of the Julia with such beautiful vocals and guitar playing.

Even Let It Be (The Song) is cleaned up very nice and sounds better than any version released.. The background vocals also top notch harmonies.

The tracklisting has changed, making the album have a better feel to it.

It goes as follows.

1.Get Back

2.Dig a Pony

3.For You Blue

4.The Long and Winding Road

5.Two Of Us

6.Ive Got A Feeling

7.One After 909

8.Dont Let Me Down

9.I Me Mine

10.Across The Universe

11.Let It Be
    ---
    Two tracks were removed was Maggie May and Dig It, which were very short tracks to begin with, so they added Dont Let Me Down.. a masterpiece with the whole band singing in harmony.
    ---

Fly On The Wall Disk- This is one long 21 min track of conversations and brief versions of the beatles playing songs that are unreleased/released. The conversations are very interesting. It consists of nice cuts of music that really give you the feeling of a "fly on the wall" hence the name title. It is probably a novelty album that only true fans will enjoy, but some great convo's and cuts are on the disk.. and I enjoy it very much..

The booklet also has a lot of pictures and extracts from the Let It Be book.

This is for any beatle fan, It is something to appreciate that it finally got released in the way The Beatles wanted it.

-TheXodus-

Thanks for the great info sdldawn!! I am a big fan of the Beatles...so i guess i'd better go get myself a copy
    Because the sky is blue, it makes me cry...

+ Reply to Thread