+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Older women and younger men

from HotLanta to the west coast sunsets...

I know this topic may go unanswered and may not be of interest to anyone haha..but i'd really like to know some of yall views on this subject. What do you think of older women dating younger men?

Is it possible that these sorta relationships can really blossom into something incredible? or is it just a fling for the most part on the girl or guy's behalf, or even a phase of lust & desire mixed with curiosity?

I've dated younger guys in the past and it has seriously never panned out, and I just don't find myself attracted to older guys, for some oddball reason...but they are possibly a better choice for reasons of true commitment?...i could be wrong with that idea too tho...

:donno:

peace

cookies
    One More Chance

i've known a few couples of this sort and ive found an excellent vibe between the partners , understanding and excitement ... as with all things it really depends on the individuals but in my experience it can definately work out

I'm not sure how i feel about it...i do feel a little weirded out by it, but i'm sure it has something to do with the fact that my mom (age 53) has been dating a boy (age 23)...now i know what you're thinkin...no big deal, right? Well, seeing as how she is dating someone YOUNGER THAN HER YOUNGEST CHILD (i'm 26)...is just plain.....................weird! I mean, if he makes her happy i guess that's all that matters, but what happens if she marrys him?? I'm sure as HELL not calling him 'dad'!!

I can understand why it happens though...men peak sexually at 18, and women when they're 35...so when a woman is 35 and she's with a man 35-40, his sex drive isn't what it used to be, and usually he doesn't have the 'stamina' of a young stallion (without the help of little blue pills :wink: ) And men that are that young also seem to be attracted to older, more expierienced women; or at least they have a fantasy of it at one time or another. As for whether or not relationships like this can/will last...i feel it shouldn't be much different than any other relationship...age shouldn't matter all that much; it's whether the personalities mingle well together. (But it still makes me feel weird knowing my mom is dating someone young enough to be her son) :umm:
    Because the sky is blue, it makes me cry...

there has always been an attraction, from the younger males toward the older females, at least from me. There is an air of confidence that an older woman carries with her, that is something that girls my age lack. But then there is the maturity issue, that, to me, is the hardest thing to get over in these cases. It can work though, just depends on the people...

Scott
    fullamyself, sickamyself, truetamyself

I will always be myself - through the good times and the bad.

I'm sure as HELL not calling him 'dad'!!
    LMBO...Deity, that was funny...and i can understand your point.

Everybody pretty much replied with answers (that I was unsure of myself), but then again, reassurance that it does happen. Love can come to us in any form, and the last thing to expect is such a huge age difference. The compatability of being well rounded and able to engage in intellectual conversations and then switch to acting the fool the next moment, is quite pleasing. Being comfortable with someone from the very beginning without the persuit when it just "happens" adds a sense of belonging...

The sexual compatability between a young man (w/stamina & endurance) in his early 20's at his peak and a woman peaking in her mid 30's is totally incredible, as it intensifies spice into the relationship, thats undeniably comparable to experiencing extasy... especially when sex is not the focal point of building together. I think it can work too. It's just that,...I've always wandered what "others" may think or feel...but its all about living for oneself and making choices that makes us happy...

i appreciate the honest responses...

peace

cookies
    One More Chance

thanks for bringing up the subject again

I could rant for lines and lines about this if i wanted to, but I'm just going to hold it all back this time...

"that's pretty deep stuff. that's not, 'yo yo yippy yo yo bling bling, smack a bitch.'"
    "when i eat chicken nuggets....they don't look like they're in pain...but i believe that they were.."

why would you get angry at the subject being brought up again? I haven't been on the board, (but a year this month), and I had no idea it was a topic that would upset anyone...but I did want to know everyone's shared or different view on the subject...

I wouldn't to see anyone reply if it's upsetting or sensitive to them, but I am interested in knowing how others feel towards the subject...without any offense to anyone...

peace

cookies
    One More Chance

don't worry about it, elle's feelings don't count anyway

don't worry about it, elle's feelings don't count anyway
    :rofl: :rofl:

heh, it's cool, sweetnsoflyy. I've just been trying not to think about it.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. And I agree with justafan and girls my age being too immature for me. Girls I know that are older are more calm and less annoying and don't say stupid things. I have yet to meet a girl my age that I can stand being around for more than an hour, if that much, without having to begin faking smiles. I think younger guys with older girls are fine. But apparently SOME girls have other opinions....

"that's pretty deep stuff. that's not, 'yo yo yippy yo yo bling bling, smack a bitch.'"
    "when i eat chicken nuggets....they don't look like they're in pain...but i believe that they were.."

elle needs him an older woman to take charge of his ass :rofl:

I need a female anything like I need another hole in my head so I can't comment on the other matter

girls = evil...doesn't matter how old they are :mrgreen:

LOL...so that explains ur avatar? haha..u like em bony instead of thick n delicious, huh? haha :thumup: heeey now!... :wink:

peace

cookies
    One More Chance

dam..soon as i say that..u changed ur avatar on me...lol
    One More Chance

LOL...so that explains ur avatar? haha..u like em bony instead of thick n delicious, huh? haha :thumup: heeey now!... :wink:

peace

cookies
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

dam..soon as i say that..u changed ur avatar on me...lol

haha, of course. it's hax. what did you expect him to do??

Everyone is different, so I'm sure there are cases where it works.
    However...

what can a younger guy offer you? I mean, besides anything physical (and even there we're talking lack of experiences). I've never really seen anything in younger guys that excited me. They're less mature, not as physically attractive (lacking a certain dominant masculinity and wisdom), and usually more aimless, less thoughtful/sensitive, more naive, etc.

But if you've found one that defies this, I say go for it.

Elizabeth

ps-- if he's of age.

Elizabeth your generalizations suprise me, surely that isn't always the case... but it is you opinion. If I can speak for the younger male bachelors: We have a lot to offer women of any reasonable age, but some of the dumb things that we to girls does overshadow the good things that we have done and will continue to do... Maybe I am wrong or just speaking too much from my own experience. :donno:

Experience doesn't grow arithmetically with age, meaning in some respects that you either have it, or you don't. It's very hard and time consuming to better yourself sexually... Alright this is beginning to sound weird. I guess the lazy man either has it or he doesn't, others can be different but I am generalizing too, anyways...

Scott

actually Elizabeth,...

In my first post, when I mentioned it has never panned out,...you basically hit the nail right on the head with the exact reasons why it has NEVER worked 4 me, but it was definately exciting...

But i'm willing to bet some younger guys are together and really with it in their game.. Asides the points you mentioned, the only thing that trips me out, is when a younger guy with potential, try to run games on an older and much more experienced woman, and get caught up...with no effort on the woman's behalf...

Thats gotta be most embarassing...

peace

cookies
    One More Chance

Hey Scott.

Notice my first sentence where I say, "Everyone is different."

Then talk to me about my generalizations. :wink:

(which are actually more observations, unless you are telling me that older and younger men are *generally* equally experience, equally mature, equally masculine/dominant/attractive/wise, equally goal-oriented, equally thoughtful and sensitive, equally naive-- or not naive at all.... ??? If this is the case, I think all hope is lost for your gender, friend!)

love though.
    Elizabeth

I don't know how to put the quote thing in here, that would help, but It'll work without...

It just seemed so negative towards guys that I figured it had to be a generalization. "I've never really seen anything in younger guys that excited me. "

I know that you said that if someone else had found it, good for them, but it doesn't seem to me that there would ever be a possibility for it to work for you from your point of view. I am sure that it could work for someone exactly like you and a younger guy, they would just have to have qualities that you haven't seen in a younger guy up to this point. I think then, that you generalized from the guys that you had seen, to all other younger guys that they are: "They're less mature, not as physically attractive (lacking a certain dominant masculinity and wisdom), and usually more aimless, less thoughtful/sensitive, more naive, etc" That is what I think you generalized on, but I am not sure and surely too tired to think any more right now (chem. and physics test last 2 days and phil. paper due monday). No love lost though, either way

Scott

+ Reply to Thread