+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dearest christian 5 year anniversary

must be comin up soon.. i cant fuckin believe that.. seems like yesterday when i was buying that album and rushing home to put it in the cd player...........
    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

Original Release Date: October 27, 1998

i got it the day it came out.......i had also bought motley crues greatest hits cd, guns and roses greatest videos vhs, and wcw nwo revenge game for the n64 system.((all released that day).(me thinks i got video collection same day too but not sure)....MMMMMMMAN october 27th 1998 was a good and yet amazingly costly day :rofl: :thumup:

and within the first note of "carnivores" i was hoooked :bowdown:
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

as recall it....eternals layre bought it at midnight at a 24 walmart or something and ftp'd me the songs as he ripped em.

i've bought a few copies of that one over the years.
    I'm not signing this without my lawyer.

wow, I can't beleive it's been that long..... that just make you stop & wonder where the time went.

it does really seem like yesterday when I picked up a copy. I got it the first day it came out. hehe, thats when they came to DC & I saw them live. ahhh..such good memories.

i still remember the fight I had in Sam Goody in our mall when the PM Dawn Video Collection. He swore i was wrong & it didn't come out. I dug & found it the day it came out....and was the only copy ever in the store......
    Life isn't measured by breaths you take, but the moments in life that take your breath away....

P.S..If You are a fake..don't tell me..I don't wanna know..

We Always Are..Because We Never Were...

Save your breath..I'm can't say I'm sorry enough..for me

http://www.angelfire.com/va/dreamrib/pmdawn.html

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendid=1115324

i went str8 to the record store after one of my classes and got it the day it was released..actually i went into another store on the way home and they were selling dearest christian and for an extra $5 u got of the heart with it...

I bought the single first, was hooked, bought the album and I was amazed. I used it so much, I scratched it up, found it in new orleans for a real good price, and re bought it...

its something that pretty much got overlooked in my opinion, its an album that is above whats out there right now, its definantly something that u meet on a higher level, in a sense that when u listen to those songs, You just really feel what the brotha was sayin.. I dunno.. its a beautiful edition to my playlists...

Broken and Untitled could be some of my all time favorite songs ever..
    -TheXodus-

dearest christian brough my pm dawn fandom to whole nother level..i was just really feeling the lyrics on this one.. and the little sampling..and great musical breaks etc made it a different experience from the other albums.. the 2 traxs that i instantly liked were misery in utero and hale bopp regurgitations i used to put those on repeat

I got mine as a Christmas present. I didn't have my own money, I was still in HS, so most of my wants had to be put on birthday and Christmas lists.

When I discovered the existence of this album, it was a Sunday morning and I was waking up. As I lay in bed, I heard music. It sounded very poppy to me, so I knew it was the radio that was playing somewhere in the house. But, I knew that voice, and I instantly jumped up. I had to listen more closely, so I stood absolutely still and quiet. The more I heard, the more I thought "that HAS to be PM Dawn!!!" and sure enough, it was the Top 40 countdown and the DJ announced a PM Dawn song! I was psyched. Of course, it was Being So Not For You.
    I was so glad to hear them, and especially to find they were getting Top 40 airplay!!!!

AHHHH those were the days.
    Elizabeth

Honestly, AT FIRST, I was disappointed because the album didn't seem to move as fast as Bliss or Wept, but the album grew on me, FAST!!!

When I listen to it, after "Carnivores" and "Misery", I'm just waiting for the "Broken" and "Untitled" songs, love the "Untitled"!! Once Be explained what Misery and Untitled were actually about, that added much more meaning to the songs for me. The whole album is DEEP.

(Wow, five years already!)

Louis
    I love the summer months!

Yes, it IS deep, isn't it, Louis?

One might say RIDICULOUSLY deep. Lyric wise, anyway.

love
    Elizabeth

Honestly, AT FIRST, I was disappointed because the album didn't seem to move as fast as Bliss or Wept, but the album grew on me, FAST!!!

When I listen to it, after "Carnivores" and "Misery", I'm just waiting for the "Broken" and "Untitled" songs, love the "Untitled"!! Once Be explained what Misery and Untitled were actually about, that added much more meaning to the songs for me. The whole album is DEEP.

(Wow, five years already!)

Louis
    that album sorta sank in with me over 2-3 years..i think you need the time to feel it/and feel the lyrics....

i bought the i had no right single(as it was called then) the week before......as dissapointing as your mercy is was a killer b side
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

yeah same here 6..i was kinda surprised how poppy the chorus was considering the song at the time though

I fell in love with As Disappoing As your Mercy. I bought so many copies of the single, in case something happened I'd have extras, hehe. Its still my favorite song.

I even got a few imports of it that didn't have it on there. My old neighbor used to get mad because i would blast it in the apartment. The song just totally would take me into a trance, i love it.
    Life isn't measured by breaths you take, but the moments in life that take your breath away....

P.S..If You are a fake..don't tell me..I don't wanna know..

We Always Are..Because We Never Were...

Save your breath..I'm can't say I'm sorry enough..for me

http://www.angelfire.com/va/dreamrib/pmdawn.html

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendid=1115324

+ Reply to Thread