+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Seal's New Album

Is available to listen for free on the fan website until the album is released on September 9th.

http://www.seal.com/sealiv/index.cfm (click on Seal IV)

The songs that I heard sound pretty smooth. Please let me know what you all think. My favorite cut is "Heavenly".

Louis

(Disclaimer: The only reason I posted this is because I know we have a few crossover Seal fans on this site as well, so please don't be pissed at this post!)
    I love the summer months!

I guess no one cares. :donno:

Intelligent Posts :11

actually Louis, I went there to hear it but it was not on the site....i forgot to post about it...whats the deal..or did I look in the wrong place

On the corner of Grey Street and at the end of the world

I've been listening to Seal from day one. I bought the single 'Get it Together" and it sounds pretty good. I am looking forward to this album. I wonder if Lisa and Wendy are involved.

No one cares about seal or music like that in tihs forum....

It is all about stupid FOLK music around here.......

Or music with ridiculously deep lyrics around here.......post something wih the name

"BOB DYLAN" around here and people will actually care.

Honestly I think it is the worst genre in music history. BORING........

They need to discontinue making boring acoustic guitars too.

SORRY BUT I AM RAMBLING AGAIN and I NOTHING I HAVE SAID MAKES ANY SENSE........... :donno:
    I have found peace so let it continue......

actually Louis, I went there to hear it but it was not on the site....i forgot to post about it...whats the deal..or did I look in the wrong place
    Chief, they may have already removed the album songs from the site. They were only supposed to have them on the site until the album was released. I tried to bring up the Seal Player here from home and was unable to this morning.

Filmwiz: I am ALMOST as big of a Seal fan as I am PM Dawn. Unlike PM Dawn, I have actually seen Seal perform live. He gives a GREAT live performance. Seeing PM Dawn live would be equally as sweet.

I think music is a personal thing that should be appreciated individually. Personally I don't care what music others listen too, because it will NEVER influence my taste in music. I do think it's cool when you run across others who appreciate some of the same bands you do. That's what makes these forums interesting, n'est pas? And I have yet to meet another person who likes EXACTLY ALL the bands that I like, which is okay. We must celebrate our different interests sometimes, not criticize others for having them. You like what you like, no apologies necessary.

Louis

Intelligent Posts :11

i guess i will wait util the 9th and go buy it....only 2 days away...

Hmm, Chief I was able to play the Seal Player today at work (T1 line), but I wasn't able to play it with my 56K dialup at home.

I don't know whether it only runs on the faster connection or not. Click on "launch seal player". http://www.seal.com/sealiv/index.cfm#

folk music? what you on about now?

Sorry I am being stupid..........never mind me :thumup:

so what film wiz is really saying is THATS ALL FOLKS :rofl: :rofl:
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

yeah but NOT ALL FOLKS in the future. I am sure I have plenty more smart arse things to say later on.......

ok....now where is coz.......................

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh my God! I'm gonna go buy it today. I don't even need to listen to it. I love Seal, and I've been waiting for this, wondering when his next release would be. This is awesome. Thanks Louis!!! You totally made my day/month/year/whatever.

Okay, Filmwiz.... assuming that was NOT sarcasm you've just utilized, I have got to say how completely off you are. First, I really like Dylan. I think he has good music that has substance to it. I understand it may be an acquired taste to some, but the least you could do is be respectful towards an artist with "ridiculously deep lyrics". That's such an ironic statement, being that you are on the PM DAWN FORUM! HELL-o.

Anyway. Another thing... I think you're off because I think I am probably the only one (if not, then one of very few) who DO give a damn about Dylan on this board. I think PM Dawn and Seal really reign here, so I don't know where you got that idea from. So I think you grossly misjudged everyone there. IMHO. As a matter of fact, I don't remember any previous times of us even discussing Dylan, but I have been pretty absent, so I will give some benefit of the doubt on that.

Again, the reverence for PM Dawn and Seal, the bashing of Dylan for the deep lyrics... wtf? To me this makes no sense. One may even say that PM Dawn and Seal have DEEPer lyrics than Dylan! Dylan, being a folk artist, can be more narrative, while Seal and PM Dawn can be more abstract and otherworldly. If anything, I could see you disliking Dylan for the style of the music (your hate for acoustic guitars, even though both PM Dawn and Seal have used that sound in their music!), not the hate of DEEP LYRICS. I wonder if you've ever even heard a Dylan song!? I hate to admit this, but as far as depth of lyrics goes, I've known way more people who like Dylan than PM Dawn and Seal, and I think part of the reason could be that they are able to grasp Dylan, and maybe not always grasp the lyrics of PM Dawn and Seal. AHHHHH! The point was supposed to be: if you don't like so-called "deep" lyrics, then what are you doing here?

And I don't like folk music either. Generally. What I DO like is that I can recognize someone who has something true in their soul they're expressing, and that escapes all genres, labels, and boundaries that people may try to group them in. Whether it be pop, folk, rap, rock, soul, country-- whatever. If it's good music by an artist with substance, that is ALL that matters. Folk, boring? Maybe. But let's not count someone out just because you consider him to be folk.

In this respect, PM Dawn, Seal, and Dylan are all the same "genre". But there goes the human mind again, trying to box everything...

end rant.
    Elizabeth

Liz....

You may want to listen to it before you buy it...
    I would have normally just bought it, because I've like Seal albums in the past....but I checked it out on the website...listened to the entire thing through, and I think there was only 1 track I actually enjoyed listening to.

Dissappointed former Seal fan,

bRiAn
    I'm not signing this without my lawyer.

Wow...

strong words, man.
    Thanks for the heads-up...

Elizabeth :donno:

Sorry I am being stupid..........never mind me :thumup:
    Ahhhh...Elizabeth, I see those highly emotional pregnancy mood swings have set in! :wink: :thumup: :rofl:

How's the jelly belly doin Sweet? Hope everythings rollin along fine!

EZ
    COZ
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

Elizabeth,

I have a slightly different spin on the Seal IV album than Brian. He tries to mix up his style a bit on this album. The tracks don't all sound the same. Still, I really like 4 tracks on the new album. I have been listening to it for the last seven days including today (my usual growth period for albums), and I still only like the 4 tracks, the others still have to grow a bit.

I'm a HUGE Seal fan, STILL, but this is by far NOT his best album in my opinion. But you know what opinions are like :moon: So judge it for yourself there lady!

Louis

...oh yes, I wasn't saying don't give it a chance...just a big fan of 'try-before-you-buy' in this case. :thumup:

bRiAn
    I'm not signing this without my lawyer.

I like it better than all of his past albums because it is SOULFUL........something he should have done from the start. It is a whole lot funkier and to me it is a better mix.

AND ELIZ.........you know why I joke around so much.....because it so easy to piss people off........ :rofl:

oh yeah and by the way

now that we are talking about DYLAN.

DIdn't Sam cooke right a song called "Long time Comin" or a song like that in response to a Dylan song about racism?????? or was that someone else???? I could have sworn Dylan wrote a song talking about segregation or something.....I am not sure so DONT GET SO UP TIGHT....... :donno: I will definitely check on the song title though for COOKE.

sorry the song he wrote was "a change is gonna come"

+ Reply to Thread