And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

i went to a training at the manhattan store for nuendo 2 and steinberg is suppose to be sending me a free copy, i was skeptical at hearing that even more so now seeing as how it's been a few weeks and no nuendo yet. i wouldn't use most of the stuff that cubase doesn't offer anyway but there's a few touches that'd be nice,

the big ass level view is cool

and having vst performance, and master level and gain adjustment on the transport is cool

so basically it's the stupid shit that aint gonna change my music a bit that i'd like, so if they don't send it to me i aint gonna sweat it, full plug in delay compensation is cool but i'm running like 75% hardware now so big deal. thanks though, pre-she-ate the offer

Hmmmmmm...well since you took a class on this crap...MAYBE YOU CAN EXPLAIN TO ME HOW TO GET THE SHIT TO LET ME PLAY THE SOFTSYNTHS WITH MY KEYBOARD!!!
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    Yeah...

well first off make sure the midi out of your keyboard is connected to a midi in on your computer interface......(kidding).

i never laid hands on the program but it's exactly like cubase as far as i understand......

devices-->vst instruments (or simply f11) calls up your instrument page where you load the plug ins, just make sure the dll files for all the softsynths is in the vstplugins folder or nuendo knows what folder to look in to find the shit, but the stock a1 (not the steak sauce, the waldorf synth they include) should be showing up at least

project-->add track-->midi creates a midi track (or you can right click in the track column and select add midi track) then in the column furthest left in the track details select the midi input your keyboards into (if all the ports of your midi i/o aint showin up something's screwed up) and select the midi output to be the virtual instrument

if you're audio meters are going (devices-->mixer or f3 calls up the mixer) but no sound you gotta tell nuendo what your soundcard is:
    devices-->device setup-->vst multitrack-->asio driver (select the one for your audio card, again if it aint showing up somethings wrong)-->apply.............but if you're using core audio or whatever the hell it is and if it's different for that, you're on your own

the program (cubase/nuendo) makes hella sense i think, and people'll rag on the midi side (ok there are somethings i wish were quicker with midi) but if you learn how to use the logical editor well you gotta alot a capability and its gotta nice audio engine......you install the atmosphere yet? any pads in stuff i've posted came outta atmophere, it's one of the only virtual instruments i'm using at the moment, that and the grand and battery.

Reason.

Its all you really need. Well maybe a little Acid 4.0 too.

Reason is nice. It would be better if you could use outside shit with it. I installed Project 5, it looks interesting.

I plan to install Atmosphere as soon as I get this friggin Nuendo workin, I'm gonna try what you said this morning. Gotta install Reaktor 4 too. If I like any of this stuff I might put my Pro Tools card in the PC and just use the MOTU on the Mac.
    Alright
    Yeah...

DOH!!!

I had everything in the MIDI filters checked!
    Alright
    Yeah...

Reason.

Its all you really need.
    sure, unless you want to record audio, or run midi to anything but itself, or use a vst instrument or effect, or......hehe, na reason's cool. it's easy and it sounds nice

got it working coz? yeah project 5 looks cool, it can run vsti's and it's got a bank of knobs for each instrument and you can assign the knobs to control any parameter of the instrument and have that knob respond to control changes even if the assigned parameter doesn't....you don't need it if the people who made the instrument did it right, but if they screw up and don't give everything a cc it's a good fix.........as for reaktor 4, the preset instruments are cool beyond that the program confuses the hell outta me.

Yeah, Project 5 looks like alot of fun...and I was able to figure it out right out of the box! If Reaktor 4 confuses you than it will probably be a piece of cake for me, considering that we seem to speak completely opposite languages when it comes to these programs. :rofl:

Of course, after all of this I'll probably still use none of it! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    Alright
    Yeah...

i know what ya mean, i got all kindsa software i aint using....all i really need or use is cubase, the waves stuff, and battery....other than that atmosphere and the grand on occasion and if i ever get a mic vokator some too.......hardware's just more fun i think, kinda gets you into working more which i think is worth the expense

See, you all need to learn how to really use Reason. After I installed Reason I thought it was "nice", "a cool little tool to do some cool things" etc...

But, when I really learned how to use it properly, i then realized that all the hardware sitting around me that I spent thousands of dollars on was worthless cuz i could do all of that in Reason.

What do you need midi inputs for when you can download the updates for the insturment you want and build it all right there in Reason?

Sure all the little flashy lights look great in the dark whhile on a mild acid trip, but all that midi hardware is really pointless now unless your running a live PA with it. Reason DOES IT ALL.

Reason.

Its all you really need.
    sure, unless you want to record audio, or run midi to anything but itself, or use a vst instrument or effect, or......hehe, na reason's cool. it's easy and it sounds nice

got it working coz? yeah project 5 looks cool, it can run vsti's and it's got a bank of knobs for each instrument and you can assign the knobs to control any parameter of the instrument and have that knob respond to control changes even if the assigned parameter doesn't....you don't need it if the people who made the instrument did it right, but if they screw up and don't give everything a cc it's a good fix.........as for reaktor 4, the preset instruments are cool beyond that the program confuses the hell outta me.

well you can input midi, jut can't output it and na you can't build an instrument in reason just the stock 4, reaktor or creamware stuff (oops that's hardware)or somethin yeah but then you'd need a vst/dxi compatible host. and you can be an expert with reason you still can't record audio tracks with it. reason's actually pretty scaled down as far as dsp processing is concerned to be able to handle all that it offers. i don't think it really stands up to some of the hardware stuff out there, i mean put a novation, access, waldorf, etc. up to subtractor and compare, hell even a full filter sweep'll put reason to shame. maybe you've just got thousands of dollars of the wrong hardware around you :wink: . don't get me wrong, some dope tracks can be done in reason it's all up to the person pushing the mouse but i don't see it as the end all be all answer to music production, if people do though hey enjoy it. one thing about alot of the software (especially reason) is it's like a korg triton but worse, every kid out there with a file sharing program has all the stuff and it all starts to sound the same, but hey i make pretty cliche music so who the hell am i to talk.

fer real, the new Reason beta program lets you download new instruments from the website, making reason so much more then it once was. It is an incredible piece of software. The only piece I havnt been able to emulate with Reason that I own, is my Roland MV-8000, but thats also a brand new piece and according to Reason their working on it.

how'd you pic up one a those? i talk with roland's northeastern regional trainer regularly and the mv-8000 isn't even slated for several months which'll most likely get pushed back too. and i can't see reason straying from the rewire thing and do the sequencing and sampling like an mpc or the roland clone, specially since that'd put them in competition with steinberg who they cocreated rewire with but i guess it's possible.

One of my friends works for Roland out in Cali

booooooooyaaaaaaaaaaaa beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii........itc h.

lol

No seriously, thats how i got it, ive had it for about 2 months now. Its nice, I like it alot. I prob didnt need it, but still, i like all the flashing lights too :wink:

yeah it looks like a dope unit, i think it only had 2 midi outs if i remember right, it'd be nice if there were more but hey. i was afraid they was gonna fuck it up, they tend to do that with stuff that looks great but it's cool huh, nice.

Nah, The way I work can't be done in Reason. I do plan a project or 2 that will be designed to be done in Reason and Project 5 though, just to explore the expansiveness of those programs. But, the reason I have never moved away from hardware is because I have a work formula that I have stuck to since 1992...and this old dog is new trick intolerant! :rofl:
    Alright
    Yeah...

ohhhh man, i understand that. the older i get, the harder and harder it is to learn all this new stuff. I think I had reason in my machine for over a year, and I didnt even really know where to start with it. Then my friend got me the new beta test version of the new reason and showed me how to use it, and i was like "woah", and he was like "woaaah" and we both were like "woooah" lol

ohhhh man, i understand that. the older i get, the harder and harder it is to learn all this new stuff. I think I had reason in my machine for over a year, and I didnt even really know where to start with it. Then my friend got me the new beta test version of the new reason and showed me how to use it, and i was like "woah", and he was like "woaaah" and we both were like "woooah" lol
    whats the new version of reason rj?
    I've got amnesia.. I can't remember..

2.5 is the newest release, i posted the update a while back i think..

+ Reply to Thread