+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For those who have viewed the new Matrix...

Intelligent Posts :11

without giving spoilers...whatcha think??? should it be seen in the theatre or can it wait until it is out on dvd??

THEATRE!!!!
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

i woulda made a good neo

frek is shadow from final fantasy 6 :rofl:
    the vibe says syxx so let it be syxx......

Theater, You'll understand when u see it.
    -TheXodus-

Theatre for special effects, but I just didn't feel the plot at all. I believe episode III will have to "clean up" the story.
    I love the summer months!

If you miss it at the theater....kick your own ass until you die! Some movie were made to be seen in theatres..and this is one of them!
    Wake me up at 9:45.

I love the elements that are involved in this movie, and I found 7 major (simple) elements that are involved in the plot, that reminded me of the meaning of another movie which is probably my favorite movie ever. I noticed without the love of a "mate" for neo, nothing really works, in fact it would have NEVER worked without her, Considering her kiss brought him back to life in the first film and turned him into "The One", or since i've seen the second film, "Superhuman". And observing how the movie is ending, and the confusion that ran across his face as he saw the architect, Without the love of his woman, Nothing ever will work without her, at least it seems that way to him.. its all about unity, control, and choice. Which all of us deal with at one point or another. Highly reccomended movie.
    -TheXodus-

I agree, you MUST see this movie in the theater, the fx are absolutely STUNNING! Nice kung fu moves too.

Do yourself a favor and shell out the 8-10 bucks.
    I just don't end up where think I'm going when I start out.

thank you sdldawn

good to see so many people who truly saw that films vision!

i was beginning to think everyone would be like my mates or those ones in the imdb forum- picking at every little details because the plot took such a sharp turn.

the films f*ckin exellent DO NOT miss it at the theatre!!!

go on move!
    sick bastards! laughin at death at 'alf past three in pissing mornin'!!!

On the corner of Grey Street and at the end of the world

I'm definetly going to see it this Monday after work. By the way. The Animatrix will be out on DVD on June 3. The wonders of what comes to you when you work at FYE (For your Entertainment). And yes, The Final Flight of Osiris will be on it as well as the Soundtrack CD. And as if you didn't know Resolutions will be out this November. I know what your thinking and your right. "Stanley Please tell us something we already don't know" But I just so excited that I couldn't resist.

Animatrix is EXCELLENT!

Got ahold of a DVD-Rip of it...truley amazing.

bRiAn
    I'm not signing this without my lawyer.

if u notice in the burly brawl scene (all the agents in the courtyard) the movie actually turns into the animatrix.. its very animated looking towards the middle of the fight..
    -TheXodus-

without giving spoilers...whatcha think??? should it be seen in the theatre or can it wait until it is out on dvd??
    The effects are probably more dazzling on a big, first-run screen, though I would really recommend catching a matinee rather than paying full price. The story itself just isn't worth it.

It's more action and effects than it really is story. It's as if they figured out that their demographic from sales and rentals was the typical action market and tried to gear the film for it, but also remembered that they had this thing called a theme that they had to pay lip service to. It's almost as if they filmed two seperate movies and shuffled the scenes together. What's worse, this time they knew that they were writing a film that would have a sequel, and thus didn't really resolve anything. :cry:

On the good side, see this film with a group if you can. It will encourage much discussion over lunch or coffee afterwards, even if the main conversation was "what was that about?" or "well, if I were the director, I would have done it this way."

It would have driven me crazy not to have seen it, but ... a matinee, IMHO.
    "Uncertain emotions force an ... uncertain smile." - The The

Very Well Said Byrdie (and welcome by the way)! I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought the story lacked something!

Louis
    I love the summer months!

Very Well Said Byrdie (and welcome by the way)!
    Thank you!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought the story lacked something!
    <span style='color:indigo'>You are so not alone in this opinion, Louis. It's even been mentioned that the plugs for the video game before the film -- and then the extended action sequences -- suggest a Lucas-like "ooh, let's make sure people get really interested in the Pod Race" type of mentality. I don't know what the original script was like for the sequel but, past suffering from middle-movie syndrome, it just felt like the movie-makers' attention was elsewhere.

Though, I suppose its healthy to spend time dwelling on how we each would have ideally tried to solve the puzzles presented in the film, since we have a few more months to see how the Brothers W. did it.</span>
    "Uncertain emotions force an ... uncertain smile." - The The

The way I felt about the movie was that it was more like half of a movie. I agree that it wasn't as trimmed down as the first movie and the fight scenes were much longer than in the original, but I'm reserving judgment on this one until Revolutions comes out and I see how it ends.
    I just don't end up where think I'm going when I start out.

+ Reply to Thread