+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The End of an Era...

well, for those of you who remembered watching as a kid, or who sat with your own kids while they watched, Mr. Rogers died today from stomach cancer...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor.../obit_rogers_26

Yes, and we Pittsburghers are VERY saddened at the lost of our hero. He was a very brilliant man who had a brillant career. He will be greatly missed here.

I hope they make his studio (which is here in the city) a museum (or at least donate the set to another musuem--the Smithsonian would be nice!).

Louis :cry:
    I love the summer months!

Yes, he will be missed. I never watched him as a child myself (didn't have a tv) but my kids did when they were toddlers...perfect prelude to the afternoon nap (for both the kids AND me)...what a void he is leaving us. :cry: :sadwave:
    Alright
    Tap the lightpole and we'll be jammin all night
    And ain't nobody callin' the cops
    'Cause everybody's here freakin', if they're older they're doin the rock
    And every block from all around
    Comes runnin' to the park when they hear the sound
    And soon the word's spreadin' through our part of town
    "Yo, 40 Park y'all, Jam-On's gettin down"
    Yeah...

Jam-On Productions:Website Forum

He and his show will be missed. Alot of kids learnt a lot of stuff while watching him. I watched him in kindergarten (even though I hated the show then) but now I can look back and see that it was pretty educational.

aww, i was just watchin' him this morning. he looked goofy playin' with those percussion instruments...looked like he was having fun though...

"that's pretty deep stuff. that's not, 'yo yo yippy yo yo bling bling, smack a bitch.'"
    "when i eat chicken nuggets....they don't look like they're in pain...but i believe that they were.."

I hope they make his studio (which is here in the city) a museum (or at least donate the set to another musuem--the Smithsonian would be nice!)
    I know they have one of his red sweaters on display at the Smithsonian...but that would be nice if they did that...

Yeah, I heard about the sweater being in the Smithsonian. Our airport did a big tribute to his show a few years back. There was a big display that showed travelers that the show was done here in Pittsburgh. It was kinda cool. 33 years is a long time to do anything!

Louis
    I love the summer months!

I am Kind of late in posting this, but I did my entire show about MR. Rogers the other day you would not believe the respect that man had from all walks of life. He is truly missed
    "he who disowns me before men will be disowned before the angels of God."

Jesus Christ...Luke 12:9

On the corner of Grey Street and at the end of the world

I enjoyed watching Mr. Rogers as a kid and my siblings hated me for it. But they did love Eddie Murphy's "Mr. Robinson" parodies. My favorite part of the show was the Neighborhood of Make Believe. It's hard to believe he did all those character's voices. I remember watching an old rerun where Keith David made an appearance. And who can forget the episodes where he went behind the scenes of the Incredible Hulk tv series.
    Fred Rogers will be missed.

+ Reply to Thread