PDA

View Full Version : All that remains...

SaintHax
09-12-2002, 09:04 PM
I will be closeing my business in about a month...

tearing apart my office...trying to pack

my desk for the next month...
my 5.1 suround sound speakers are packed, my 480watt sound system for DVD's and games is behind me on the floor in about to be packed, my killer mouse is packed, my scanner is packed, my desk is in 10 pieces, my 2nd workstation is shutdown and packed...I'm down to a 1.4Ghz workstation and a 650Mhz laptop

all thats left of my array of web servers
all the other servers have been shutdown and removed as well as alot of cables have been taken out so thats why it looks kinda bare....the blue server is all the remains of pmdawnonline.com and my store site...I'll try to keep it online as long as money allows

it was fun... :sad:

Terrick
09-12-2002, 10:31 PM
:cry: :cry:

what comes next?

Cozmo D
09-12-2002, 10:41 PM
Damm Hax, sorry to hear it. Good luck in whatever endeavors you undertake. It's real good to hear from you though...we really miss ya.

syxxpm
09-12-2002, 10:50 PM
so the site is going byebye? :cry:

dreamrib
09-12-2002, 11:06 PM
Aww I hope not J....
More important than that......I hope your doing ok & not left without work or what not. These things always happen at the most bizarre time.

:)
Lisa

SaintHax
09-12-2002, 11:08 PM
what comes next?

theres always Wal-Mart :thumup:

so the site is going byebye? :cry:

when the money to support it goes byebye :sad:
you bunch of post whores cost money :mrgreen:

syxxpm
09-12-2002, 11:12 PM
how long do you think we have and how hard is it for a new site to be made?

Brian221
09-12-2002, 11:15 PM
Saint...how much bandwidth are we talking about for the forum?

I can install mySQL on pmdawn.net and run the forum off there most likely.

bRiAn

SaintHax
09-13-2002, 12:47 AM
forum only bandwidth is about 2gigs a month but if you add all the other stuff like the mp3's, artwork, and websites people put up it hits about 4 to 5....the amount of traffic is nothing it's just the cost of keeping the connection alive for 2 websites.

BTW some of the stuff on the forum and site is coded for a unix based system so I don't know how big of a deal it would be to change all that for pmdawn.net (assuming it's windows based since your using ASP) thats also not counting the several websites people on here have put up and the email accounts that a few of them are starting to use...all that stuff would have to be changed around. At this point it would be simpler to run it off 56k than to try and tear it apart and then try to re-build it.

it's not over yet...I have a few strings left to pull, running and building this site and group of people have been a big hobby for me so I'm not gonna give it up this easily :rock:

Tybris
09-13-2002, 11:31 PM
Is there no way for us all to chip in on a kind of monthly fee thing to keep the server up? If it wouldn't be all that much split between the Tru Believers of the site and forum is there something we all can do to keep things afloat?

If I knew more I'd try to help Brian recode to keep it up for at least a little while. I hate to see this place go down as would many of us I'm sure..just tell us what we can do to keep things moving.

fd
09-14-2002, 04:12 PM
dude i don't know what to say, i'm really gutted for you.

damn.

never thought that would happen, where did it go wrong???

much support for you hax!
keep hangin in there.

fd.

BigRed82
09-15-2002, 01:27 PM
Damn Hax, that sucks. I wish you good luck in whatever path you decide to go. Maybe you can escape ellijay and set up high speed bandwidth connections in tennessee :) :)

Keep us posted man.

sdldawn
09-15-2002, 02:55 PM
:confused: :sadwave:

frEk
09-17-2002, 12:13 AM
looking at that little 1u blue box makes me feel funny :sad:

SaintHax
09-17-2002, 12:18 AM
looking at that little 1u blue box makes me feel funny :sad:

yeah just think your in a sence.....inside of it right now
kinda sucks that it's all thats left...I guess blue is the perfect color for it

fd
09-17-2002, 03:48 PM
:cry:

SaintHax
09-25-2002, 02:41 PM
well I've cut my stuff down to the bare requirments to run...

this is all that's left

Hero1
09-25-2002, 08:35 PM
good luck hax!