PDA

View Full Version : PM Dawn: Night in the City (Reprise PRO-A-100442)

pmFan
10-15-2011, 12:58 PM
I picked this one up about 6 years ago and have now finally been able to play it. This one is interesting! It is from 2000. It was originally intended for a Joni Mitchell tribute CD. Not sure what happened to the album, but it was never released (maybe Be has inside knowledge). If you search for the catalog number (Reprise 2-47558), you will see several other songs that were lined up for the album.

Looks like they went all the way and stopped just short of production. Funny thing, though, there was a tribute album out by a different name in 2007 with a whole different lineup. All that work, all those recordings down the tubes... well, much of it. Form the track listings, it looks like they took half of the A Case of Joni tracks and used them in the 2007 tribute album. Too bad this one did not make it!

Ah, well... This record contains:
PM Dawn
Night in the City
A1) Stereo Dub 7:58
B1) Stereo Dub Instrumental 7:51
B2) Lenny B. Radio Mix 4:34

I suppose that means that I do not have the actual (base) song - just some remixes. :( But the Radio Mix is great!

I ripped it from the vinyl to wav files. Sounds pretty good! The radio mix reminds me a little of She Dreams Persistent Maybes. The Stereo Dubs are more house-like.

Hero1
10-16-2011, 02:34 AM
great track..pity that album was shelved

pmFan
10-16-2011, 07:57 AM
Does anyone know if there was an original track that the Lenny B radio mix is based on? If so, how different is it? Or is the Lenny B remix just a shorter radio version? I would love to hear the full/original PM Dawn version...

Hero1
10-17-2011, 07:19 PM
I think I got the original..its about 6 minutes long

pmFan
10-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Cool! What is it on? A CD? Vinyl? What does it look like? What else is on it? Details man!