PDA

View Full Version : The Warriors

Wheeljak
11-16-2010, 05:05 PM
I recently stumbled upon a picture that I thought I'd share with y'all. If you're as big a fan of The Warriors as I am, you'll love it.
It's a picture from some con that was the venue for the first ever reunion of actors from "The Warriors".
Some of the actors in the movie (including two of the people in this photo) left the acting business after the movie, and have been really hard to find. In this picture are the actors who played Vermin, Mercy, Cochise and Snow. I've seen Deborah Van Valkenburg since the movie (she did a show with Ted Knight in the 80s), but I haven't seen the others since the way they looked in 1979.
I wish I had been there to see them in person!

Louis85
11-17-2010, 02:57 PM
I haven't seen that movie in YEARS!

Wheeljak
11-17-2010, 10:10 PM
I haven't seen that movie in YEARS!

Shoot... I've watched it at least 3 or 4 times a year since I bought the VHS back in the 90s. I'm thinking about buying the Blu-Ray version now; I rented it from the Redbox, and I couldn't believe how beautiful the picture was.

wendyful04
11-19-2010, 05:54 PM
warriorsss

STANLEY C. TAYLOR
12-18-2010, 02:13 AM
I have the flick on video and DVd. However the version from television back then was different in the movie. Even in the special edition the scenes of the leader rallying the troops and debating with his old lady, as well as when Rembrant (I spelled his name wrong) told everyone why everyone was chasing them, was omitted. Why we don't know. Just wish someday they release it in its entirety, with all the scenes intact. All things considered I still love it. No matter how many times I see it I'll never grow tired of it.

Wheeljak
12-20-2010, 02:25 AM
I have the flick on video and DVd. However the version from television back then was different in the movie. Even in the special edition the scenes of the leader rallying the troops and debating with his old lady, as well as when Rembrant (I spelled his name wrong) told everyone why everyone was chasing them, was omitted. Why we don't know. Just wish someday they release it in its entirety, with all the scenes intact. All things considered I still love it. No matter how many times I see it I'll never grow tired of it.

Personally, I prefer the version that doesn't have the daytime scenes at the start. To me, it just feels right for this movie to start in the dark, particularly since the first shot is the Wonder Wheel at night.
Man, I love this movie...