PDA

View Full Version : Civilization

Wheeljak
11-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Anybody else a fan of the Civilization games?

Ever since the first time I heard Baba Yetu, the title song of Civilization IV, it has been one of my favorite songs. The composer, Christopher Tin, has released an album called "Calling All Dawns" which has 12 songs in twelve languages, all drawing from holy and secular texts of various faiths. Baba Yetu, the album's opening song, is the Lord's Prayer in Swahili.

There is an official video of the song on YouTube. The song is an embellished remake, re-recorded using the Soweto Gospel Choir and the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, and the visuals are a montage of scenes from the Civ4 game. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJiHDmyhE1A

Bonkman
11-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Yes, Civ fan here.

...and I too loved the song. I'd listen to the whole thing whenever I started up the game. It's the orchestrations that do it, for me.

Interesting video, they used lots of videos from the games including the wonders videos.

Chief
11-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Yep...Civ fan here also..Love that song except it reminds me to much of the Lion King song...

Cozmo D
11-03-2009, 11:15 PM
Guilty as charged as well, but I don't allow myself to play it anymore. I get lost in it for weeks!

Bonkman
11-04-2009, 12:58 PM
...I get lost in it for weeks!

Yer damn right! Civ is king of the "just one more turn!" games.