PDA

View Full Version : Aussies Check In!!

Mistress M
02-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Hey, heard about the horrible bushfires out there. Don't know if any of you guys live near those areas or have family that do, but hoping that you and yours are all safe. So give a check-in so I don't worry...

wendyful04
02-17-2009, 04:27 PM
I just read up on this. omg
Check in, guys!

Twisted.Mellow
02-17-2009, 05:28 PM
*Raises hand* Here...

A country of extremes... I missed work yesterday because I was flooded in... (see attached picture)

The bridge I normally cross to get to work every day was under 3.5m of water...

All good though - spent the afternoon knockin' back a few beers...

As for the fires... It is some sad shit down there... Victoria has been in drought for the last two years - it was basically a box of matches. Alot of lives and houses have been lost.

My parents drove through the area the other day... 4 hour drive and every single kilometer was blanketed in thick smoke. A slow speed limit was in place because the cattle (that survived) is running everywhere simply because all the fences have burned down.

Half that state was on fire last week...

I heard Pink has donated $250,000 to the bushfire causes.

She has just gone up 40 notches in my book.

Thanks for your concern though... Ether is the rural one down there... got an SMS from him this morning... he's OK.

Etherspin
02-18-2009, 03:46 PM
I moved in with Cath a year ago but had been living with my Aunt in steels creek, (06-08)
pictures are attached - whats left of the house is crumbled concrete stumps and a brick fireplace .. bushes and small trees all gone,flat , there are about 5 trees still standing but all will come down i think because of fire damage to the base .. the hill shown behind the dog in the photo is bigger than you can see and now looks like a surreal grey boulder!

10 people from my old street died, but everyone i knew well got out safely.
my aunt is staying in a friends flat that was previously for her elderly mum (now in care) and she is properly insured so we hope she will be back up and running in a year.

Twisted.Mellow
02-18-2009, 04:51 PM
That's the place where you took the photos of the wallaby yeah? It looks like it was an interested house... Sorry to hear.

Cozmo D
02-18-2009, 06:44 PM
Sorry to hear that Tim, glad you and yours are alright.

ChrisLDog
02-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Dang, that sucks Tim. Glad you guys are okay!

Louis85
02-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Tim, I hope everything turns out okay for you.

Etherspin
02-21-2009, 10:23 PM
thats the one ... fam will help rebuild with a more eco friendly and fireproof setup and as much of the charm of the old place as poss!

yep, thats the one Ian.

Wheeljak
02-22-2009, 03:13 PM
Sorry that your old house burned down, Ether. That's really bad news.
However, I'm happy that you and those close to you are safe.

Mistress M
02-24-2009, 12:22 PM
Wow, well I'm glad you guys are ok, although I'm sorry to hear about the flooding (a.dulteror) and I'm also sorry to hear about the deaths of neighbors and the destruction your aunt's house (ether).

Etherspin
02-26-2009, 02:28 AM
i have a day off work tomorrow because the school i work at AND 190 others are closed because of impending fires!

wendyful04
02-26-2009, 09:34 AM
You are all in my prayers.

Mistress M
02-26-2009, 12:20 PM
Wow, you guys are def in my prayers too. Keep checking in so we can keep tabs that you're doing ok.

Twisted.Mellow
02-26-2009, 04:50 PM
Check the hell in Tim - if you can...