PDA

View Full Version : your fav track on dearest christian?

Hero1
02-08-2002, 08:20 AM
what is it

Elizabeth
02-08-2002, 11:31 AM
That was SUCH a hard vote. But, ultimately, I ended up voting for No Further Damage, just because it sort of keeps me going, and makes me feel better about life. But, Misery and Yang are so close. Carnivores following up...
Elizabeth

dreamrib
02-08-2002, 02:18 PM
hmm that is sorta hard vote, but pickign fav's always is. I ended up going with Faith In you. My FAV wasn't even ON the album, but on the single I had no right. As Disappointing As Your Mercy. Now THERE is an awesome song. I see so many sides to that. Other than that i really like Dearest Christian. Art Deco Halo's-awesome beat, Screaming at me, Broken-awww good, but then again they all are so u know how it is! :???:

Chief
02-08-2002, 03:45 PM
Art Decos has always been mine.....I love them all of course, but when I flip the cd in, I go straight to that one.

Brian

Hero1
02-23-2002, 03:08 AM
*bump*

frEk
02-23-2002, 03:19 AM
no contest (well if the: and she'd say to me... was a full song there'd be some)

Deity
02-23-2002, 10:46 PM
this is a hard choice, however i find myself listening to Misery In Utero most of all. A close second would have to be Screaming at Me. But, as with all of the PM Dawn albums, I love all of the songs for one reason or another; either the melody speaks to me, or the actual lyrics touch the chord within. :D

-Kosh-
02-24-2002, 11:39 AM
Art Deco Halos...

"hydroplane all through my astral plane..."

spidey
02-24-2002, 02:39 PM
no contest...Miser In Utero....hands down!!!!!

Brandon

dreamrib
02-24-2002, 05:52 PM
hmm misery in utero has certainly got one of the best beats I always listen to that one, the beat is awesome. But I still have to go with Faith In You, then probably Screaming at me, misery in utero,broken, etc.....

Hero1
02-24-2002, 07:11 PM
hmm misery in utero has certainly got one of the best beats I always listen to that one, the beat is awesome. But I still have to go with Faith In You, then probably Screaming at me, misery in utero,broken, etc.....

well misery in utero is my fav pm dawn track of all time...

Hero1
02-24-2002, 07:12 PM
actually the question is why wasnt misery in utero released as a single???

Kidsoul
02-27-2002, 11:36 PM
Good question Hiero. Misery in Utero isn't just my favorite PM Dawn song, it's one of my all-time favorites from any artist.

I honestly believe it could have been a top ten hit if it had been a single and had a slick music video behind it.

Hero1
02-28-2002, 02:20 AM
Good question Hiero. Misery in Utero isn't just my favorite PM Dawn song, it's one of my all-time favorites from any artist.

I honestly believe it could have been a top ten hit if it had been a single and had a slick music video behind it.

yeah i totally agree man..when i first played dearest christian..that song just hit me..and i played it over n over again..that song really deserved more exposure...

frEk
02-28-2002, 02:34 AM
how come i'm the only one who voted for yang as private eyes :(

Hero1
02-28-2002, 03:57 AM
how come i'm the only one who voted for yang as private eyes :(

because over a third voted for misery..they know whats up

Terrick
02-28-2002, 10:16 PM
Perfect for you? Why wasn't that a choice?

syxxpm
02-28-2002, 10:32 PM
perfect for you wasnt on the american cd pressings of the album unfortunately-syxxpm

Brian221
03-01-2002, 01:11 PM
I feel you frek, my second choice would've been Screaming at Me....no love there either :cuss:

cabotb
03-01-2002, 05:21 PM
I voted for "Screaming At Me" because it speaks to me most clearly. The lyrics remind me a lot of my own twenty-something thoughts as I walk around New York. "Yang" is attractive because PM Dawn returns to the rap that they left behind for so long. But "Screaming" takes it because a lot of the R&B (and I'm not sure if that's what I'd label this song) that I like is acoustic or near to it. The fingersnaps take you back to "I'd Die Without You."

Although, the "Untitled" song on the disc reminds me a lot of the later part of Abbey Road, except that it keeps returning to the same melody. I think Prince Be can dig a Beatles reference.

Be
03-05-2002, 05:43 PM
originaly the first single was going to be MISERY in utero....but we performed the song at a show we did in colorado for a radio station...it didn't go over to well...and colorado was and still is a major supporter for pm dawn's music..

so they figured...if it didn't go over well there... it wouldn't go over well anywhere

actually after the albums release we performed it in florida and it went over quite well.....then again ...so did carnivors

:cool:
b

Hero1
03-05-2002, 07:36 PM
originaly the first single was going to be MISERY in utero....but we performed the song at a show we did in colorado for a radio station...it didn't go over to well...and colorado was and still is a major supporter for pm dawn's music..

so they figured...if it didn't go over well there... it wouldn't go over well anywhere

:cool:
b

i really hate colorado now! i dont know why it didnt go over that well..but misery in utero should have always been the 1st single..i had no right could have been the 2nd single..everybody i play that 2 loves that track...and its most peoples favorite..

Deity
03-05-2002, 07:41 PM
I completely agree with ya there, Hierohero! Misery in Utero is awesome, and should have been the first single...oh well. What's done is done. I too now have a different picture of Colorado...they don't know what they're missin'!

Brian221
03-06-2002, 02:19 PM
too much thin air up there in dem mountains :weird:

syxxpm
03-07-2002, 07:42 PM
music for carnivores rules-syxxpm

atma
03-07-2002, 08:25 PM
ya it does-they found a gem of a track to sample for that 1. the whole orchestra thing, it's just lush. the original track is nice too.

frEk
03-08-2002, 05:03 PM
[b]hmmmm.......ok, misery in utero....i can use this information.......be said vegans have misery in in utero..........hmmmmm, i can use this information as well........but it's gotta be good......but i've said too much, keep an ear, i mean eye out for something....... :cool:

thaprince
03-09-2002, 05:42 AM
if no one else, belives in you, im COMPLETELY yours, ive got SO MUCH FAITH IN YOU.

i think if i hear those words "i have faith in you" come out of anyones mouth, towards me, i would be able to die happy ( actually happy) ..just to know, that one person believes that i can do what i think i can

dreamrib
03-10-2002, 02:03 AM
i totally agree there. i LOVE Faith in You. I have two different pressed mixes, Its awesome!

I think after that i would vote for Screaming at me too.

Foxy11
05-07-2002, 02:46 PM
Faith in You, definitely :)

Hero1
05-07-2002, 03:58 PM
hey foxy join our campaign to get prince be on Oz....

Foxy11
05-08-2002, 09:15 AM
HeiroHero,
tell me about the campaign. Oz is one of my favorite shows.

Cozmo D
05-08-2002, 11:40 AM
Let me be (I think) the first to say...
Welcome aboard Foxy 11! :wave:

EZ
Coz

Chief
05-08-2002, 12:19 PM
suck up Coz...:) hi foxy

Brian

Cozmo D
05-08-2002, 02:45 PM
heheheh.........
Hey you know me...always on the lookout for new talent. :naughty: :wink: :lol:

Chief
05-08-2002, 03:34 PM
hahahahaha yea, the question is...talent of what???????

Harmeister
05-09-2002, 11:25 AM
Music for Carnivores rulez you all.

PM Dawn did a concert in SLC a while back and it was "da bomb". They opened with it.

Imagine the stadium completely dark, and you're right up front a few rows from the stage on the ground floor. Then you hear each instrument start up one by one, slowly. The light goes on the keyboardist, then the drummer, then the bassist, then Prince Be and JC come out of the back in those shiny glittery jackets they have. And the crowd went wild.

It was sweet. :bowdown: All hail Be and JC. :bowdown:

I liked the song before, but since then it became my favorite.

syxxpm
05-09-2002, 07:27 PM
for me a tie between music for carnivores and art deco halos-syxxpm

Hero1
05-09-2002, 10:33 PM
yeah it would be great to see pm dawn live...anybody got any video???

Music for Carnivores rulez you all.

PM Dawn did a concert in SLC a while back and it was "da bomb". They opened with it.

Imagine the stadium completely dark, and you're right up front a few rows from the stage on the ground floor. Then you hear each instrument start up one by one, slowly. The light goes on the keyboardist, then the drummer, then the bassist, then Prince Be and JC come out of the back in those shiny glittery jackets they have. And the crowd went wild.

It was sweet. :bowdown: All hail Be and JC. :bowdown:

I liked the song before, but since then it became my favorite.

frEk
05-09-2002, 11:13 PM
[b]there's sum kinda compilation with just one by pm on ebay right now

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=1536110780 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1536110780)

it's got seal & george michael on it too

Foxy11
05-10-2002, 03:16 PM
Hey gang thanks for the welcome :mrgreen:

Hero1
08-06-2002, 01:27 AM
broken really grows on u..

syxxpm
08-06-2002, 11:27 AM
i think untitle has that quality

a columbus day sale.....across the edge of the world......
hehe im just kidding i know those aint the words

Mistress M
08-06-2002, 04:23 PM
I voted for "music for the carnivores" but it was a tie for me between that and "If i could be your star" -- i wonder y no one voted for that one? i thought it was a real sweet, classic, R&B tune... :donno:

STANLEY C. TAYLOR
09-06-2002, 09:47 PM
IT IS SO HARD TO DECIDE. I'M DOWN TO MISERY IN UTERO LIKE EVERYONES. I ENJOYED IT EVEN BETTER WHEN I UNDERSTOOD THE MEANING (AT LEAST MY MEANING OF IT). I ALSO LOVE SCREAMING AT ME. BEACUSE IT REMINDS ME OF THE RELATIONSHIP OF MY BROTHER AND HIS SON. I SEE SO MUCH OF THEM IN IT. I REALLY DIG I COULD BE YOUR STAR, MUSIC FOR CARNIVORES, HALE-BOPP, UNTITLED, AH HELL THE WHOLE FUCKING ALBUM IS GREAT. SO WHY ARE WE HAVING THIS POLL AGAIN.

syxxpm
09-07-2002, 12:26 AM
i love hale bopp regurgitaitions...its so nice and spritually pukey :weird: :weird: :weird:

Elizabeth
09-08-2002, 09:36 AM
It's definitely catchy. I can get into it.
Elizabeth

Raefin
09-11-2002, 09:35 PM
It is way too hard to decide on the best song of one of PM Dawn's albums. They all evoke certain feelings and emotions so it really, to me anyways, is soo dependent upon your frame of mind at the moment. Right now I think No Further Damage is one of the best songs on that album. Although Screaming at Me is a close second. Both sort of get you introspective in my opinion and try and get you to focus on the problems within before trying to conquer the world outside. Kinda cheesy but its how I feel anyways.

Elizabeth
09-13-2002, 09:27 PM
No Further Damage, to me, is a totally motivational song. I love it.
Elizabeth

Hero1
02-12-2003, 01:35 AM
yeah the traxs that grow on you are no further damage and screaming at me... misery in utero is a constant though :cool:

Elizabeth
02-12-2003, 11:48 AM
Yeah, you're right. No Further Damage and Screaming at Me took time for me to love them as much as I do now.
Music For Carnivores, Misery, Yang, Broken and Untitled were instant! This is just a total work of art. I feel like everybody should have this album.
love
Elizabeth

syxxpm
02-12-2003, 01:49 PM
this album should come in the mail with free samples of tide and taught in schools like "the pledge" :thumup: :rofl:

Terrick
02-12-2003, 08:44 PM
what??!! i missed the poll!?!? I didn't get to vote for Untitled yet!!!!! :(

ChrisLDog
02-13-2003, 01:39 PM
You're the only one here who like Untitled as much as me then, I guess... :thumup:

Terrick
02-13-2003, 04:03 PM
heh, i was wondering who the one person that voted for it was. i still say it shoulda won...