PDA

View Full Version : New Nine Inch Nail released tonight!

sdldawn
03-03-2008, 12:43 AM
http://ghosts.nin.com/

"Nine Inch Nails: Ghosts I (2008)

Hello from Nine Inch Nails.

We're very proud to present a new collection of instrumental music, Ghosts I-IV. Almost two hours of music recorded over an intense ten week period last fall, Ghosts I-IV sprawls Nine Inch Nails across a variety of new terrain.

Now that we're no longer constrained by a record label, we've decided to personally upload Ghosts I, the first of the four volumes, to various torrent sites, because we believe BitTorrent is a revolutionary digital distribution method, and we believe in finding ways to utilize new technologies instead of fighting them.

We encourage you to share the music of Ghosts I with your friends, post it on your website, play it on your podcast, use it for video projects, etc. It's licensed for all non-commercial use under Creative Commons.

We've also made a 40 page PDF book to accompany the album. If you'd like to download it for free, visit http://ghosts.nin.com/main/pdf

Ghosts I is the first part of the 36 track collection Ghosts I-IV. Undoubtedly you'll be able to find the complete collection on the same torrent network you found this file, but if you're interested in the release, we encourage you to check it out at ghosts.nin.com, where the complete Ghosts I-IV is available directly from us in a variety of DRM-free digital formats, including FLAC lossless, for only $5. You can also order it on CD, or as a deluxe package with multitrack audio files, high definition audio on Blu-ray disc, and a large hard-bound book.

We genuinely appreciate your support, and hope you enjoy the new music. Thanks for listening.

xtristessax
03-03-2008, 01:08 AM
thanks so much for posting this!

Twisted.Mellow
03-03-2008, 01:31 AM
I'll give it a listen (when I can finally download it. Server looks like it's being hit pretty hard!)

sdldawn
03-03-2008, 04:03 AM
Trent ideas on music (without labels) is leading us into musics future...

I support him 100%...

Twisted.Mellow
03-03-2008, 06:59 AM
Trent ideas on music (without labels) is leading us into musics future...

I support him 100%...

Err... didn't Radiohead just do the same thing? (or are they with a label?)

ElizabethX
03-03-2008, 05:54 PM
Trent AND Radiohead are geniuses, musically and apparently otherwise.

They both make such beautiful music. Thank god for them.

sdldawn
03-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Err... didn't Radiohead just do the same thing? (or are they with a label?)

yes, but this idea is refined...

radiohead was the first to do it, and it was successful

but they didn't invent the concept.. trents been talking about doing this for a long time

sdldawn
03-03-2008, 07:48 PM
their obviously having success this.. 2nd day the servers are completely fucked...

i hope they make millions off it.. OR BILLIONS

Twisted.Mellow
03-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Wow! The server is getting hammered! So is the Pirate Bay link... this is big!

sdldawn
03-03-2008, 10:15 PM
not to mention, this set of music is fabulous.. it isn't something you can just skip through.. if you have two hours to digest some great music.. grab some headphones and put this set on...

trent is fucking incredible

ElizabethX
03-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Amen.

sdldawn
03-05-2008, 05:57 PM
already have a place in my best of 08 for this album

way to go trent.. you somehow got me all giddy and excited about 4 cd's of instrumental music...

xtristessax
03-07-2008, 02:25 AM
i got the full version. there is a picture for every track! thats insane!

sdldawn
03-07-2008, 01:38 PM
it is a very interesting collection of songs.. they creep into you with each listen.. this is something that has to be consumed all together.. he really fitted some interesting styles that he incorporated with each of his past albums.. its a nice fit..

I hear alot of year zero sounding stuff towards the end...

oh trent, you have just spoiled your fans

sdldawn
03-07-2008, 01:39 PM
side note.. he is sold out of the 2500 box sets (priced at $300 a box set)

thats a nice 750k for him...

Considering this isn't a proper album by Trent, he might have perfected this online trading thing.. if not, he is the leader of the pack with distributing his music without a label independently

TrEEtheRealest
03-09-2008, 03:10 PM
God bless Trent Reznor. I'm going to pre-order the CD now. It makes me so happy to know that people are getting to make music they want to again. Without lable politics.

The samples are fucking amazing. I would feel GUILTY to just download music like this without paying a cent.

Doo-DooHead
03-10-2008, 12:44 PM
God bless Trent Reznor. I'm going to pre-order the CD now. It makes me so happy to know that people are getting to make music they want to again. Without lable politics.

The samples are fucking amazing. I would feel GUILTY to just download music like this without paying a cent.

WHAT I SHOULD HAVE SAID DIRECTLY WAS "HEY TREE, WHY DON'T YOU UNZIP TRENT REZNOR'S LEVI'S AND FINISH WHAT U STARTED IN YOUR COMMENT?:sheep2::rotfl:

TrEEtheRealest
03-11-2008, 01:23 AM
WHAT I SHOULD HAVE SAID DIRECTLY WAS "HEY TREE, WHY DON'T YOU UNZIP TRENT REZNOR'S LEVI'S AND FINISH WHAT U STARTED IN YOUR COMMENT?:sheep2::rotfl:

haha. I do love Trent Reznor. I relate to him in many ways. I already pre-ordered it. Too bad PM Dawn isn't making music like they used to! :fingas:

Give me the old school first 2 PM Dawn's album sound and I'll be a happy pig in shit and you will have my money.

Doo-DooHead
03-11-2008, 04:25 AM
haha. I do love Trent Reznor. I relate to him in many ways. I already pre-ordered it. Too bad PM Dawn isn't making music like they used to! :fingas:

Give me the old school first 2 PM Dawn's album sound and I'll be a happy pig in shit and you will have my money.
WELCOME BACK MUTHA FUCKERRRRR!!!!:cheers:

TrEEtheRealest
03-11-2008, 11:22 AM
WELCOME BACK MUTHA FUCKERRRRR!!!!:cheers:

I'm only posting in this NIN thread. haha.

But thanks. You are the man. :cheers:

ElizabethX
03-13-2008, 02:09 PM
I haven't heard his instrumentals, but I don't think we can get away from the fact that Trent is super political, IMHO.

ElizabethX
03-13-2008, 02:10 PM
Interested in commenting on politics, that is.

sdldawn
03-13-2008, 09:32 PM
Nine Inch Nails’ “Ghosts I-IV” Makes Trent Reznor an Instant Millionaire

Rolling Stone
3/13/08

Trent Reznor has gone public with the sum total of all the money he made in first week sales after self-releasing his instrumental album Ghosts I-IV: $1,619,420.

The album, released on March 2nd in a multitude of different formats at nin.com, “immediately sold out” of its run of 2,500 “Ultra-Deluxe Limited Edition” versions (complete with vinyl, deluxe packaging and a Reznor autograph), each with a $300 price tag.

In all, 781,917 transactions were made for the album, with people either downloading a quarter of the album for free, downloading the entire album for $5, purchasing a physical copy for $10 or getting the non-ultra-deluxe limited edition version for $75.

Unlike Radiohead, who have still not released the total numbers and dollar figures from their In Rainbows experiment, Reznor likely revealed his first-week stats as a way to show fellow artists in the same weight class how successful they can be without the help of a major label. We’re sure Reznor and Thom Yorke will have a nice laugh about all this if they do in fact headline Lollapalooza.

Ghosts I-IV is still available for download on NIN’s site, with double-CD sets due in stores on April 8th.

sdldawn
03-13-2008, 09:32 PM
*cough cough* lets hope more artist are willing to try this

Twisted.Mellow
03-13-2008, 10:21 PM
Fucking hell! That's a success. I bet Radiohead will never reveal the figures, probably 'cause theirs failed...

sdldawn
03-13-2008, 10:29 PM
i believe they did very well.. but giving the entire thing away for free wasn't the best choice... I think this was a more refined version of their idea

Twisted.Mellow
03-14-2008, 12:00 AM
And I'm sure we'll see even more refined ideas once the industry sees how well it works. I'm willing to bet that it will take record companies along time to get on the bandwagon, 'cause in their case, the money's gotta be divided into so many portions, there wouldn't be much left... In the music industry, 1.6mill isn't much...

sdldawn
03-14-2008, 01:48 AM
yay... i'm on my way to 1000 posts

Twisted.Mellow
03-14-2008, 01:52 AM
I'm getting there, too!

sdldawn
03-14-2008, 02:00 AM
it's only taken me 7 some odd years.. but i'm one away

sdldawn
04-22-2008, 09:29 PM
New NIN Single For FREE tonight on their website!!!

www.nin.com

ElizabethX
04-23-2008, 07:11 PM
That title had implied that prior to this, Trent wasn't a millionaire.... :/

I'm sure Radiohead did great, but that doesn't even matter, because they have integrity. Their music is beautiful and they don't sell out. IF NIN & Radiohead are doing Lollapalooza, that has got to be something you can't miss. I hope I would be able to catch that. That's just amazing.

sdldawn
04-23-2008, 08:19 PM
radiohead are too for school these days..

sdldawn
04-23-2008, 08:20 PM
might I note that NIN are letting everyone remix that song for free... I think he is out to make a point and I get what he is doing

sdldawn
04-24-2008, 01:18 AM
I love the piano that is incorporated in this fast pace song.. Trent doing it big!

sdldawn
05-05-2008, 07:38 AM
HEADS UP!!!

he just released another album for free!!!! It is called The Slip

download it at www.nin.com

xtristessax
05-05-2008, 03:16 PM
i just got it. thanks!

ElizabethX
05-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Oh my god, I can't keep up.

sdldawn