PDA

View Full Version : Coz, tell me...

xtristessax
02-13-2008, 06:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pWX46lJc1Y

what do you remember about making this video?

ps - i love the superbreath part.

Mistress M
02-13-2008, 03:09 PM
What I want to know is who are those kids?! Damn!

Twisted.Mellow
02-13-2008, 04:53 PM
That's great! It's so oldskool...

Cozmo D
02-15-2008, 02:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pWX46lJc1Y

what do you remember about making this video?

ps - i love the superbreath part.
Everything!

I remember most being embarrassed by it because it was so cheesy. Now it's considered an all-time classic. Go figure.:rolleyes:

Those kids were little snot-nosed bastards who tried to steal our name later on.:mad:

xtristessax
02-15-2008, 06:50 AM
do you still have the outfits?

Bonkman
02-15-2008, 01:12 PM
...Those kids were little snot-nosed bastards who tried to steal our name later on.:mad:

Was it them, or was it their agent? Or maybe Mr. jackass Webb (as mentioned in your liner notes)?

Cozmo D
02-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Nope. Couldn't fit 'em now if we did.

Was it them, or was it their agent? Or maybe Mr. jackass Webb (as mentioned in your liner notes)?
It was them and Webb. One of them is his son.

Mistress M
02-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Everything!

I remember most being embarrassed by it because it was so cheesy. Now it's considered an all-time classic. Go figure.:rolleyes:

Was there anything in the early/mid 80's that WASN'T cheesy? Did I miss the non-cheesy cultural moments?

xtristessax
02-15-2008, 11:38 PM
you are right about it being a classic. i feel like theres been enough time and we've moved on past the cheese factor. once that happens you could just look back and see how awesome it was then, and more than that, how it still holds up as an invigorating and unique track with an energetic video.

seriously, this thread was from a place of 100% love. there is a section of the song, from about 1:15-1:36 in the video, which has incredible atmosphere and has been a huge sonic influence on me. not surprising if you know anything about my music taste for electro/dance/etc. i am very interested in production and how sounds relate to each other when layered...what you leave in, what you add, and how the sum can be so much greater than the parts. etc etc.

atmosphere is also a central reason i am drawn to P.M. Dawn.

Wheeljak
02-16-2008, 02:21 PM
Designed by Gordon Gartrell, baby!!

Cozmo D
02-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Was there anything in the early/mid 80's that WASN'T cheesy? Did I miss the non-cheesy cultural moments?

Most of it didn't feel cheesy while we were doing it, but that video did.:haha:

Cozmo D
02-16-2008, 02:51 PM
you are right about it being a classic. i feel like theres been enough time and we've moved on past the cheese factor. once that happens you could just look back and see how awesome it was then, and more than that, how it still holds up as an invigorating and unique track with an energetic video.

seriously, this thread was from a place of 100% love. there is a section of the song, from about 1:15-1:36 in the video, which has incredible atmosphere and has been a huge sonic influence on me. not surprising if you know anything about my music taste for electro/dance/etc. i am very interested in production and how sounds relate to each other when layered...what you leave in, what you add, and how the sum can be so much greater than the parts. etc etc.

atmosphere is also a central reason i am drawn to P.M. Dawn.
Thanx Kristen. :blush:

wendyful04
02-16-2008, 04:12 PM
I love that video.

we are

Twisted.Mellow
02-16-2008, 04:58 PM
What year was Jam On It released Coz?

syxxpm
02-16-2008, 05:42 PM
wasnt it released as your second single in march 1984?

Hero1
02-17-2008, 02:02 AM
everyone should check out the jam on podcast ether did with coz..a lot of great detail about how it all went down

Twisted.Mellow
02-17-2008, 03:16 AM
Link, Tim?

Louis85
02-17-2008, 05:21 PM
That video was "da Bomb! " Now where did I put my faux satin Thriller jacket?

I wonder if the 80's shiny clothes will ever come back in style?

Twisted.Mellow
02-17-2008, 06:17 PM

Man, I hope not.

Wheeljak
02-17-2008, 08:02 PM

Probably; we were all supposed to be wearing silver jumpsuits by 2001.

Mistress M
02-18-2008, 12:25 AM

And we were supposed to have robots to clean our houses, too. :(

Wheeljak
02-18-2008, 12:51 AM
And we were supposed to have robots to clean our houses, too. :(
They do have robots that sweep the floor, but it turns out that they're not really the time-saving device they were designed to be. Sure, it does the work for you, but rather than enjoying your free time, you end up watching the robot vacuum the floor.

xtristessax
02-18-2008, 02:03 AM
They do have robots that sweep the floor, but it turns out that they're not really the time-saving device they were designed to be. Sure, it does the work for you, but rather than enjoying your free time, you end up watching the robot vacuum the floor.

yeah, its kinda like having a pet who does chores and likes to bump into things.

xtristessax
02-18-2008, 02:07 AM

i just got some silver leggings the other day. like, disco silver! they're amazing!

Mistress M
02-18-2008, 03:11 AM

Actually, I have a roomba. And I completely agree -- cool concept, if you have absolutely nothing on your floor and don't mind babysitting as it tries to vacuum up your curtins. My cats hate it.

Mistress M
02-18-2008, 03:12 AM
i just got some silver leggings the other day. like, disco silver! they're amazing!

And that's why you're the coolest!!! :rock:

Etherspin
02-18-2008, 04:29 PM
for itunes or RSS / podcast readers

http://www.etherealblend.com/podcast.xml

or through itunes search for jam on podcast in the "podcast directory" or the itunes store !

hear our funny faux radio voices (or maybe its just me who automatically starts speaking funny - or the brit accent hadnt entirely faded by then)

xtristessax
02-19-2008, 05:40 AM
And that's why you're the coolest!!! :rock:

hahaha thanks! for my birthday i also got some vintage rayban wayfarers off of ebay. i'll wear them with the leggings and be the ultimate fashion victim for halloween!

or through itunes search for jam on podcast in the "podcast directory" or the itunes store !

hear our funny faux radio voices (or maybe its just me who automatically starts speaking funny - or the brit accent hadnt entirely faded by then)

this is awesome, thanks for sharing!

Cozmo D
02-19-2008, 11:32 AM

Now if we could just get Part 2 sorted out... :waiting:

Twisted.Mellow
02-19-2008, 05:44 PM

Have listened to some of this - certainly an interesting look into the whole Cozmo D thing... Will endeavour to listen to the rest soon :)

Twisted.Mellow
02-19-2008, 05:44 PM
Now if we could just get Part 2 sorted out... :waiting:

If I didn't know better, I'd say Coz wants to talk about hisself some more :p

Cozmo D
02-20-2008, 08:32 AM
If I didn't know better, I'd say Coz wants to talk about hisself some more :p

Already did... :waiting:

wendyful04
02-26-2008, 01:29 PM
I love the electro.
But I think I have more affection for the Ben Cenac stuff.

STANLEY C. TAYLOR
02-26-2008, 11:16 PM
HeYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE ME BACK

TAKE ME BACK!!!

STANLEY C. TAYLOR
02-26-2008, 11:21 PM

You never know. They brought back everything else.