PDA

View Full Version : I have a confession to make

Terrick
01-19-2008, 01:43 AM
I swore I'd never do it. But it happened: I bought (and love) my first Apple product. I saved up for a long time, and I am now an iPhone owner. I admit that it is the most fun AND useful toy I've ever had. I thought I should let everyone know since I've always expressed my strong dislike for Apple on this forum at every opportunity.

Anyone else wanna confess?

P.S. I still hate Quicktime, iTunes, the operating system, and the way that iPods work in terms of file transfer.

wendyful04
01-19-2008, 05:20 AM
I dropped my old Zen mp3 player in the toilet. Now I have a Sandisk. It's pretty cool.
Everyone else in this house has an ipod and they have so much stress with 'syncing' it. With one click, you can erase the whole thing. They can't get (free) videos and stuff.
I miss my Zen though.
Here's a confession: I'm addicted to Myspace.

Harmeister
01-19-2008, 09:52 AM
iPhones rule. I've had one since July 4th.

Still haven't upgraded to 1.1.3 (on 1.1.1) because I like my third party apps. We'll see what happens in Feb when they release the SDKs

Mistress M
01-19-2008, 03:09 PM
I grudgingly just bought my first new Apple Ipod. Only because it had 80 gb for under $250. I hate itunes, though.

ElizabethX
01-20-2008, 05:33 PM
I have never owned an mp3 player. I was also one of the last people I know to give in to CDs.

Wendy, I am addicted to myspace, too. But it comes and goes. Sometimes I'm always checking in, and then sometimes I just stop for a while.

Harmeister
01-21-2008, 02:11 PM
I grudgingly just bought my first new Apple Ipod. Only because it had 80 gb for under $250. I hate itunes, though.

I absolutely agree that iTunes sucks. I wish I could use the management software of choice for my phone, but, alas, they don't let you turn on disk mode for iPhones so I can't just upload whatever I want whereever I want. :(

Cozmo D
01-21-2008, 05:22 PM
I love my iPod and I love iTunes. :idunno:

Etherspin
01-23-2008, 05:51 AM
just replaced my ipod as a bag got taken from my car with about $1500 worth of my stuff (Camera,ipod,Nintendo Ds & 9 games,GPS..more..) itunes feels a bit monolithic but workable.. love my ipod and the operating system!

wendyful04
01-23-2008, 03:09 PM
My Mickey wants to know how to download a video (from DVD) onto his ipod.

Harmeister
01-23-2008, 03:28 PM
My Mickey wants to know how to download a video (from DVD) onto his ipod.

Not quite simple. You have to rip the DVD, then re-encode it into something the iPod can play.

wendyful04
01-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Not quite simple. You have to rip the DVD, then re-encode it into something the iPod can play.

How does one re-encode?

wendyful04
01-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Can the ipod be recombobulated to be able to sync with Windows Media Player?

fd
01-23-2008, 03:53 PM
I installed osx on my hp compaq laptop the other day, that was kind fun, worked perfectly too apart from the battery charging, cheapest macbook I've ever seen!

Look up osx86 if you're interested.

Terrick
01-25-2008, 10:17 AM
How does one re-encode?

http://www.anders.com/guides/convert/video/iPod/windows.html

That gives you the whole process using free software. I forget which encoder I used because I'm on campus right now. I've only had an iphone for about a month, so I don't know which encoder is better, but hopefully that tutorial will give you a solution.

dreamrib
01-29-2008, 10:46 PM
damn ether sorry bout that, thats brutal.

i was lucky...my best friend loves me, i always get her leftovers. when wanted a 80gb ipod i got a brand new Nano. i love the sound quality, i have to admit its super! I am not the biggest fan of itunes and sincing but i deal.

i started off with the dell jukebox,still have it, in fact have two now that best friend didn't want hers, but lost my charger. i dug it more, but the sound....makes the difference in the Ipod.

confession: damn Pogo, i'm addicted....

Bonkman
01-30-2008, 02:43 AM
LOL...

:: pointing :: hooked on Pogo!

I love how a bunch of people hoard their tokies and use them as a status symbol. Can you imagine how much time someone with 25 million tokies has spent on Pogo? :: shiver ::

wendyful04
01-30-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm addicted to Literati.
I play tournaments.
It's retarded.

dreamrib
01-30-2008, 11:04 AM
hehe, your just pointing because i hit your pogo love right on the money!!

lol, yeah true. i figure use them for whatever, they don't mean much unless your pimping out your Pogo Mini!!

dreamrib
01-30-2008, 11:05 AM
what Literati miss Wendy??

wendyful04
01-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Literati is one of the Yahoo games. It's basically Scrabble with a few twists.

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned:
I'm also addicted to Starbucks, BK Mocha Joe, Legos, the song Strawberry Letter #23, drinking, exercising, making lists, Limewire, sexwithmyguy, sea salt, socializing, checking my Myspace page and the pages of my friends repeatedly, making lists, talking about myself, writing poems and short stories, make-up, reading, dancing, crankcalling, and making lists.

I feel better.

ChrisLDog
01-30-2008, 01:30 PM
Don't hold back, tell us everything! :haha::haha::haha:

wendyful04
01-30-2008, 03:38 PM
Don't hold back, tell us everything! :haha::haha::haha:

your turn

Bonkman
01-30-2008, 04:58 PM
LEGO's rock! Happy 50th Birfday LEGO!

I also like Starbucks, reading, messin around with the computer, going back thru my 800+ CD collection, rediscovering my cassette collection, and sleeping....when I can.

I haven't been on Pogo in a while...used to be quite often. Had around 8 million tokies before I decided to blow almost all of them on the daily, weekly, & monthly drawings last month....

...Which, predictably, procured me exactly zero dollars in cash & prizes.

I'd win more money being on Deal or no Deal!

BTW...corporate America can kiss my fucking ass! They are what's killing this country.

ChrisLDog
01-30-2008, 09:31 PM
Spending time with my wife, reading, playing music, recording music, listening to music, watching movies/TV shows from NetFlix, riding my bicycle, exercising, making mixed drinks, drinking mixed drinks, some cooking...

I rarely check MySpace, don't have a Facebook account, don't even know what Pogo is...

Is that enough?

Twisted.Mellow
01-31-2008, 04:59 AM

Fucking oath! I'm actually wearing a Lego earring right now (how fucking nerdy is that?!?!?!?)

wendyful04
01-31-2008, 10:39 AM
Spending time with my wife, reading, playing music, recording music, listening to music, watching movies/TV shows from NetFlix, riding my bicycle, exercising, making mixed drinks, drinking mixed drinks, some cooking...

I rarely check MySpace, don't have a Facebook account, don't even know what Pogo is...

Is that enough?

Facebook is kinda' lame.
You're a musician?
I've been tempted to get NetFlix, but we get bootlegs all the time. Good ones.
Which mixed drinks?

Give us 3 more.

I'll help:
I'm also currently addicted to drinking starfruit wine from a local winery (str8 out da bottle), rollerskating, and Zumba class.

Remember Wheeljak? He just took up rollerskating. Maybe he'll come back and tell us about it.

Where do you ride your bike?

wendyful04
01-31-2008, 10:40 AM
Fucking oath! I'm actually wearing a Lego earring right now (how fucking nerdy is that?!?!?!?)

That's bada$$. I have a pink Lego baby tee.
I plan to order more Lego clothes online in the near future.

wendyful04
01-31-2008, 10:44 AM

I didn't know that.

I also like Starbucks, reading, messin around with the computer, going back thru my 800+ CD collection, rediscovering my cassette collection, and sleeping....when I can.

I only have about 400-500 cds. I thought I was bada$$, but I'm not.

I haven't been on Pogo in a while...used to be quite often. Had around 8 million tokies before I decided to blow almost all of them on the daily, weekly, & monthly drawings last month....

...Which, predictably, procured me exactly zero dollars in cash & prizes.

I'd win more money being on Deal or no Deal!

gambler

BTW...corporate America can kiss my fucking ass! They are what's killing this country.

I guess we let them.

ElizabethX
01-31-2008, 02:32 PM
I'm addicted to Literati.
I play tournaments.
It's retarded.

OH MY GOD.

I play literati.

No tournaments, though.

ElizabethX
01-31-2008, 02:35 PM
I love my iPod and I love iTunes. :idunno:

It's not that I'm against it or anything. I mean, I didn't really "get it" at first, but I have been starting to see for a few months now why it could be really cool to have an iPod.

I'm just always the last to change my music technology.

ChrisLDog
01-31-2008, 08:05 PM
I'm an aspiring musician. You can hear one of my songs here. (http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5736) Actually my real passion is recording music. My own or others. It's just cool to be a part of the process of creating music.

I really like NetFlix 'cause I'm trying to keep things more legit these days. That's not an attack on anyone, I'm just trying to be a good boy. :p

Which mixed drinks? Mostly margaritas (in various mutations) with the occasional Long Island Iced Tea, Crown and 7, and Captain Morgans and Coke. My wife likes when I make her Chambord and 7 and apple martinis too.

3 more, ay?
1. Lala.com is something I'm digging right now, trading CDs.
2. (Nerd alert!) I'm a big time Star Trek nerd. So far only TNG, but I'm going to try to get into the other series too. Star Trek: The Experience at the Las Vegas Hilton was the best time I've ever had in Vegas. (How's that for nerdiness?) Here's my wife with a Klingon (all our other pics are at home):

3. What's Zumba class? I go to the gym a few times a week and I quite enjoy that too.

Of course I remember Wheeljak! Where the hell is that guy? He was all over the forum, then he disappeared!

I ride my bike to and from work 3 times a week. Gets kinda cold sometimes, but it's invigorating and I feel like a 12 year old again when I ride my bike.

Twisted.Mellow
01-31-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm an aspiring musician. You can hear one of my songs here. (http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5736)

Not anymore...

What's your specialty instrument wise, Chris?

ChrisLDog
01-31-2008, 09:05 PM
D'oh. Well, here are some songs (http://www.imeem.com/tag/?q=artist%3aHalf+Moon+Tuesday&f=music) a friend and I did a few years ago. There's newer stuff, but I don't have it on me...

I don't have a specialty per se, I'm equally a hack at piano, guitar and vocals. :p

Twisted.Mellow
01-31-2008, 10:06 PM
Cool... I am equally a hack at guitar, bass, drums and percussion...

Bonkman
02-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Fucking oath!...

It's not a toy, it's a hobby/obsession/stress reducer/imagination jump-starter (pick your phrase).

...rollerskating...

Remember Wheeljak? He just took up rollerskating. Maybe he'll come back and tell us about it....

I'm with ya there. I love rollerskating.

And I'm talking quads...not those damn inlines.

I didn't know that.

I only have about 400-500 cds. I thought I was bada$$, but I'm not.

gambler

I guess we let them.

Yep, LEGO turned 50 and is still going strong.

I accumilated most of my CD's in the mid 90's when I was DJing overseas in Japan. Didn't have access to the internet at the time, so I had to find other ways to getting music. Usually at the huge 6-story Tower Records in Shinjuku. I do have a few unique "import" CD's.

not a gambler, doesn't quite work like that with Pogo (http://www.pogo.com/home/home.do)

You think there's any way they can be stopped? Especially since they control everything?

wendyful04
02-02-2008, 01:19 AM
Quads 4 lyf!

and they can be stopped, but no one's jamming their transmission

ChrisLDog, is your wife a Star Trek Fan as well?
Zumba is a dance exercise class. Mostly Latin music. Our instructor is from Venezuela and she says that down there they call it Dance Therapy (in Spanish).

I'll have to listen to you music this weekend...

xtristessax
02-04-2008, 01:19 AM
star trek TNG...captain picard is the MAN!

jeez i love that show. deep space nine is pretty good too.

and i think there are alot of us on here who make music, right?

ChrisLDog
02-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Wendy:
Yeah, she's a Trekkie too.
That exercise/dance class sounds like something I'd want to watch.
Let me know what you think! I'm singing on "Nice Day" and "Fade". I'll have to upload some more recent stuff too. One of these days...

Kristen:
Hell yeah, Picard's only the best captain ever! :haha:

ElizabethX
02-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Your wife is pretty.

ChrisLDog
02-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks! I think so too! :haha: