PDA

View Full Version : Dont be afraid to ask...

Etherspin
10-07-2007, 04:51 AM
ok.. a magical immunity thread!
as a question where you think you *might* be uninformed or missing some really really obvious point and if people wanna respect the idea of the thread hopefully they'll answer in the nicest way possible..

heres mine...

light is a form of energy right? and we have a finite supply of energy in the universe which often changes state.. beyond the expanses of planets ,stars,dust etc there is black emptiness ? So... doesnt that then mean.. with so much energy being converted to light and light reflecting and refracting in all directions so damn fast.. energy is escaping the expanding universe and eventually the universe will deplete it ?
:eek:

Twisted.Mellow
10-07-2007, 07:46 AM
Fucking doomsdayers...

wendyful04
10-07-2007, 12:00 PM
Were you reading my Myspace blog?

Mistress M
10-07-2007, 02:39 PM
hopefully they'll answer in the nicest way possible..

Wow, we couldn't even make it through ONE post...:lmao:

Etherspin
10-07-2007, 07:14 PM
hahaaha! no more info anyone?! hehe .. wendy.. if i knew u had a myspace blog, i'd have been reading it but no.. was there crossover?

ChrisLDog
10-08-2007, 12:27 PM
That's what I hear, Ether. At the end, the universe will be a frigid bitch, due to the expansion. Unless you subscribe to the theory that the universe expands first, then contracts again, to start over with a new big bang. I think it's still up for debate last time I heard...

ElizabethX
10-08-2007, 02:27 PM
But have we proven that there is finite energy in the universe?

Louis85
10-08-2007, 02:43 PM
Why can't I wear white after Labor Day--even if it's still 85 out? What about those winter whites?

ElizabethX
10-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Who even made up that rule, I wonder?

wendyful04
10-08-2007, 09:44 PM
hahaaha! no more info anyone?! hehe .. wendy.. if i knew u had a myspace blog, i'd have been reading it but no.. was there crossover?

Well, my page is new. Not much blogging yet.
Yes, there is some topic ponderance crossover.

If anyone wants to add me, look up my name: It's the one with the cat on the toilet.

ElizabethX
10-09-2007, 12:46 AM
Wendy, will you be my myspace friend?

PsychoMan
10-09-2007, 11:43 AM
light is a form of energy right? and we have a finite supply of energy in the universe which often changes state.. beyond the expanses of planets ,stars,dust etc there is black emptiness ? So... doesnt that then mean.. with so much energy being converted to light and light reflecting and refracting in all directions so damn fast.. energy is escaping the expanding universe and eventually the universe will deplete it ?
:eek:

As far as we know, the universe isn't exactly losing energy... but that said, you aren't too far off current scientific thinking on the subject.

Here are some interesting reads for you:

A Wikipedia article on the likely "heat death" of the universe, which is essentially what you describe:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_death

A short story by Isaac Asimov, widely considered to be his best work, on the subject of the end of the universe and heat death:

http://www.multivax.com/last_question.html

(For anyone reading it for the first time... don't skip to the end... read it all the way through from start to finish.)

Etherspin
10-09-2007, 05:48 PM
brilliant!! thankyou!