PDA

View Full Version : F*cked Music

sdldawn
12-10-2001, 01:58 AM
so eye know this album was 4 the fans.. but what is it pre-meditated that u wanted this 2 be commercial.. cause it sure as heck sounds like a commercial album.. its so well produced.. and almost every song is under 5 min.
That doesnt mean it could be commercial, but around 8 of those songs could be number one's>?
Did Be ever consider having this as a comm. cd?? Its so well produced... everything is so balanced and it has a poppy edge 2 some. its got that vibe that u KNOW has potential on the radio.. eye dunno, its just a great album.. i figured if he was gonna do a fan cd, JUST for fans... the tracks would have a more underground feel and longer.. but eye could be wrong.. just used 2 all those bootlegged prince(The Artist..)cd's eye guess (LOL) eye got hundreds of those.. anywho...

F*cked musics High Points:
AIR-wow, can it get any better.. this is the TIGHTEST song on the rack.
Insuficiant Funds-Very catchy and commercial like.. eye get ya be! or do eye???:)
Be Bastard-Ok, maybe that one was 4 the fans.. hehe..
Superstition-u got me on that one.. Stevie Wonder would blush if he heard it.. has he heard it???
Dont make me lie 2 u- Very Commercial sounding
I Can C Myself- hehe, love the talking rap part.. very classy man..
and last BUT NOT LEAST..
Stay Away From Me-Anyone can relate 2 this, its got a killer drum sound and great acoustic feel.. u go man..

well thats my one cent..

Later.. ;)

SaintHax
12-10-2001, 03:07 AM
Stay away from me and AIR would go to the top ten easy
they seem to relate to the things going on in peoples lives.

"stay away from me" was a major thing when me and my ex were letting things fall apart...we both liked that song and agreed that it explaned word for word how we both felt :cry: and then "slowly but surely" was the song when we were "fixing" things...then there was "Trying Timez" and "AIR" for the time when I was unsure about how things were going through all that. the list of songs by PM Dawn that have a memory attached to them goes on and on...

it's weird listening to those songs now...they play back memory after memory...it's one of those feelings that grabs you and breaks you down, but still feels good in a way because the memorys are bitersweet and the songs are powerful enough to take me back as if I was still there. The list of songs by PM Dawn that have a memory attached to them goes on and on........thanks Be and JC for a way to remember the love of my life :)

sdldawn
12-10-2001, 02:02 PM
:D F*cked Music is a beautiful piece of work... thanks

Hero1
12-10-2001, 06:53 PM
i was expected sumthin a little more gritty..but i guess pm dawn are just used to be making albums that way..the production value is still their..and yes its a great album..personal highlights..trying timez & superstition..there is an ol skool quality to the album..back to drum beats and samples..meets the new/aka dearest christian..lyrical matter...i'm just starting to really feel this album now
peace
tim

sdldawn
12-10-2001, 07:37 PM
Thats what eye was saying... eye expected it 2 be more underground music.. have that feel 2 it.. didnt they (this site) say something on the lines that it was very different b4 it came out? eye dunno.. but yes its a great album!

AIR IS THE TIGHTEST SONG

so tight
so tight
:shock:

Chief
12-10-2001, 09:35 PM
Stay Away From Me is still my favorite of F**ked music. Unreleased cd took me awhile to get the feel, but it catches up too you. Still gotta love it though. WOOOOHOOOOO....... the new songs are even better in my opinion. I cant wait to have the guys new album!! (when they get signed of course :D )

Brian

STANLEY C. TAYLOR
05-12-2002, 10:12 PM
Of all the albums in my collection, F*cked Music is one that I am proud to say that no matter how many times that I listen to it, I will never grow tired of it. When I played it for the first time, I didn't know quite what to expect until I head the phone ring and Be tell everyone F*ck you. I died laughing (again and again) as I played it back for the Umteenth time. I love the song IN my Dreams. It reminds me of all those crushes I had in school but never could muster the courage to talk to them but as long as I dream about them I was on top of the world. Don't make me lie to you is a song that definately defines me. The next time someone as what is up with me, I be sure to play this song and hopefully they will get there answers which will lead them to more questions in which I will continue to change. I really love Blasphemy especially the part where he says "changing wine to water is torture...I can't be trusted if I got the same superpowers as you do, and I won't hear you when you speak.: What can I say this song is deep. I once said that I renamed Trying Timez as the stalker song, but Stay away from me get the top billing. I intended to do a short story inspired from the latter but it's been done. Be Bastard kicks ass. for the first time since Plastic. Be finally comes correct those ohter artists who said he don't know hip hop. Good Job Be. I didn't forget all the other tracks nor am I neglecting them. IN my opinon they go with out saying. Over all this album kicks some serious bootae. It get the Ultimate ratiing. If you don't have this album in your collection I leave you with these words.

"Death by Good Intentions, And I hate myself for you"

repeat and fade.

syxxpm
05-13-2002, 07:15 AM
fucked music is possibly one of the best hidden treasures in the world :wink: -syxxpm

Brian221
05-13-2002, 01:43 PM
I actually did sort of a case study on a whole bunch of high-school and college students before the album came out....and they picked "I Can See Myself" as the top pick followed by "Stay Away from Me" --

btw, Be mentioned that a few of the f*'d tracks may be on the next commercial album.

bRiAn