PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with phpBB?

pmFan
06-30-2007, 09:29 AM
Is anyone familiar with configuring users in phpBB? Basically I want to set up a BB for my family (and extended family) to keep in touch with. phpBB is included in my hosting package as a "click and build" install. Basically, they do the install and setup within a few hours. From there it is like normal - I manage through the normal admin page of phpBB.

I have it set up so that new accounts have to be approved by the admin account (me), so I can control accounts going live, but that is just for posting. It looks like anyone can browse. I wouldn't mind leaving one forum out there for everyone to browse that tells them that it is a family forum and to create an account to be approved by me - no one else will be approved - type of message. Then all of the real topics are hidden from unregistered users (the world). How do I do that? Maybe something with user groups? What is the easiest way (least maintenance on my part as I add family and friends)?

SaintHax
06-30-2007, 10:01 AM
I've had a lot of customers use it and this forum used to run on various versions of it. PM me with whatever you want to do and I can give you a hand.