PDA

View Full Version : Heroes

Wheeljak
05-31-2007, 07:34 PM
Did anyone else watch and enjoy the show Heroes?
If so, let's discuss...

xtristessax
05-31-2007, 07:54 PM
peter was by far my favorite character. in that future episode he was all bad ass!

and the way it ended, with Hiro back in time and the eclipse...i wondered what that eclipse was all about.

i thought the final episode needed to be waaaaay longer, with a longer fight scene with everyone and syler!!!

Wheeljak
05-31-2007, 09:15 PM
peter was by far my favorite character. in that future episode he was all bad ass![quote]
Yeah, it was kind of sad to see him all hard-hearted, though. Everybody was hard-hearted in the future, even Hiro.
Hiro is my favorite. His enthusiasm is catching. I wanna yell "YA TA!!!" with him. I want adopt Hiro as my kid brother.
Look on YouTube for the guy who plays Hiro on Conan O'Brien. Despite the fact that he's American and not Japanese, It's amazing how much like Hiro he seems to be. It's so refreshing to see a Hollywood actor who doesn't think he's too cool for the room.

[QUOTE]and the way it ended, with Hiro back in time and the eclipse...i wondered what that eclipse was all about.
Well, the title sequence has an eclipse in it, so maybe it was clever foreshadowing to that moment.

i thought the final episode needed to be waaaaay longer, with a longer fight scene with everyone and syler!!!
Me too, but I'm just glad that it's over. I hated Sylar so much, that I saw the actor in something else, and I couldn't help but hate that character, too! I loved the part where he went to see his mother, looking for a reason to stop.

eternals layre
06-01-2007, 12:14 AM
AMAZING WRITING! man i cant say enough good things about Heroes

Etherspin
06-01-2007, 05:30 AM
yep...whenever i think its gonna go downhill they up it further.. love the dynamic between the petrellis too!

Hero1
06-01-2007, 05:45 AM
it goes in and out of awesome and mediocre.. we waited an entire season for that final battle with sylar? what a let down..

Etherspin
06-01-2007, 05:31 PM
i've liked it since the first few eps.. the gore from the sylar killings seemed cheesey as did sureshs morgan freeman esque voiceovers with fluff about evolution..
are you sure that was the final sylar battle hero? :D

Bonkman
06-01-2007, 11:12 PM
That was the final Sylar battle. One thing you learn watching these shows nowadays: If you see the actual character die...then they're dead. (Unlike Jack's father in 24...didn't see him die.)

Finally, sci-fi themed shows are catching on with a wider audience. The excellent script writing helps, too. Heck, the series was so good, even my wife watched it!

Book 1: Genesis - closed!
Book 2: Generations - open!

Now we're going to learn about the history of the genetic mutation. That's right, I believe it's a genetic mutation, probably brought on by some strange radiation or other from the eclipsed sun.

In the last scene of the final show, I believe we're seeing one of Hiro's ancestors.

I'm hoping they will answer questions from the first season, such as:

What is and who runs "the Company"? (We know that the company was formed by members of the previous generation. There was a schism in the group and now there are 2 factions running around. But, we don't know exactly what their pupose is.)

Did Nathan and Peter die? (Probably not. Nathan could fly him up high and let Peter "explode", then catch him as he's falling back to Earth. We know that Peter can survive his "explosion" from the future episode.)

Suresh has his fathers list, which supposedly names everyone on Earth with the genetic mutation. Are we going to meet these people? (Probably so. One of those people probably has information about the history of the mutation.)

Among others.

Great show! Hope season 2 is just as good as this one.

-------

Apparently, Battlestar Galactica will have it's fourth and final season. Link (http://www.reuters.com/article/email/idUSN0131913620070601)

Harmeister
06-02-2007, 07:37 AM
That was the final Sylar battle. One thing you learn watching these shows nowadays: If you see the actual character die...then they're dead.
We didn't see him die... We saw him severely injured. And we saw a blood trail going to a manhole.

Sylar didn't die.