PDA

View Full Version : The P.M. Dawn Australian Tour - Hero's perspective

Hero1
04-04-2007, 06:23 AM
PM Dawn Australian Tour

Day 1: Friday

Ether and I head into the city in anticipation of be and giggles arrival. We soon find out they have landed and are getting something to eat. Giggles sends a text later asking ether to bring the fosters and hero1 to hotel room haha.

So we drive over towards the hotel como and park. Luckily just around the corner is a bottle shop. Ether gets the 6 pack of fosters. I get a 6 bottles of Victoria Bitter aka VB because no one drinks fosters here ha

We stroll up to the hotel with beer in hand and get a guest key to head up to their room. This is damn nice hotel by the way 5 star stuff. Okay so now we enter the hotel room..Let me just say at this point..living in Australia I never thought I’d get to see prince be in person.. We all met on that forum and chat room atleast 8 or 9 years ago so this kind of feels surreal. Enter the hotel room and greet jimo..the man responsible for getting pm dawn out here… He is awesome, a great promo guy and did a fantastic job on the tour and getting giggles on april fools.. more of that later…

So meet BE who is sitting down.. BE says whats this I hear about you having problems with dr giggles.. Giggles then comes in from nowhere and tries to spear tackle me haha. After a few greetings I spit bliss boyz bangin it back to the doc! Hey I thought that was pretty impressive learning that!

The next few hours is filled with a lot of stories and a lot of laughs.. I want detail them all here but by the end my jaw was sore from laughing so hard.. At some point BE sings a little misery in utero acapella which sounds great.. We talk astral plane, horsedogs and about all our lovable members. Coz gets clowned something shocking by the doc!

The doc, ether and I head off down the street for a walk. In that 40 minutes we save the docs life maybe 6 or 7 times. I don’t think he realizes we drive on the other side of the road here.. It also ain’t new york! So walking out onto the road looking the wrong way while it’s a green light will get you killed.. Giggles look out!!

Doc G walks into a store and wants to get a couple of pairs of jeans. They were on sale for only $20 so he grabs a few his size..doesn’t try them on.. We pick up the local street press which has an article with PM Dawn in it and show docG.

We contemplate going into obese records the hip hop store that’s ppl were dissing pm dawn on a aussie hip hop site.. Its getting late tho so we head back to the hotel room cause its time for dinner. BE’s had a little nap and is tired. Doc tries to get him to get up and ready for dinner but no luck. Well he has been on a 22 hour flight so we let BE rest and tell him we’ll get him something on the way back. Before we leave doc tries on his newly bought pair of jeans.. something is wrong ..horribly wrong.. tdoc comes out saying something ain’t looking right..we quickly realize the man has bought himself a pair of womens jeans..that just aint a sight ya wanna see right there ha

We head into the city to this kool little café bar.. there is a nice soul singer performing with drums and keys. Order some food..doc gets the octopus testicles or sumthing. I should point out that by this point the doc has put away about 8 beers. The drinks continue to flow and the doc does his best to impress that singer..hey shes pretty good and she can sing ha.
After a few hours more of drinks and live performance.. they start playing set adrift on memory bliss. A guy in front of us goes crazy.. he loves the song and starts rapping along to the lyrics.. after about a minute of this someone points out a member of pm dawn is standing behind him. He can’t believe it and tells doc how that song brings back a lot of memories. Doc tells him about the show tomorrow. That soul singer shouts out pm dawn and puts a little set adrift into the mix.. after a few hours we head off down the street.
We enter into another club which is quite packed. The owner greets us and sets us up with our little area and gets us some drinks. The dj drops movin on up..the crowd goes nuts.. me and doc rap along in our corner.. after a while the doc heads up to the dj booth..suddenly the dj is droppin a remix of set adrift cutting it up and the doc is performing the song.. quite a shock and he tells everyone about the show tomorrow night. The owner thanks us for coming by and we head back down the street. Doc talks to that soul singer one more time..in hopes of spreading his bliss I mean the bliss around.
We drive down the street pick up shoop(nother promo gal) from a club and head down to the Vatican, another rnb club. They announce pm dawn is in the building to quite a reception.. doc ends up on the mic again and starts doing set adrift ha damn docs singing is not bad at all. He tells em abt the show tomorrow says whatsup to fans.. he then gives away tickets to Lloyd banks show..what about pm dawn? The dj drops jump around by house of pain..doc is in the middle of crowd jumping up and down going nuts.. wow I’m tired.. the doc has had a 22 hour flight got in an 8 its 2am we been to abt 4 clubs and his jumpin up n down like he’s just got out of bed.
We then head further down the street walking to another pretty exclusive upscale rnb club.. can I just say at this point the doc is on about his 25th drink.. doc once again heads to the dj booth.. they drop gotta be movin on up..doc raps along and once again tells everyone about the show the next night..its 3am at this pointand we finally leave..get back to the hotel doc says to meet us there at 8 or 9 in the morning.. 8 or 9? Lets say 9.. drive back home gte back abt 5..

Day 2: Saturday

I don’t know how to get up but I do and ether and I head into the city to their hotel.. get there abt 9:15.. I say to ether there is no way the doc is gonna be up..be answers the door.. he wonders what the hell we are doing there so early.. we are musicians man! Be is feeling sick..hes thrown up all the food he ate yesterday.. he says he waited till 3am for someone to bring back food last night and noone came..ether explains to be and sells out giggles as to why we are there so early.. giggles bought a girls pair of jeans and wanted to return them before BE found out.. we tell BE how we went to abt 5 clubs last night and docg was performing set adrift at them.. BE is like he is gonna perform pm dawn songs without me? Be runs into giggles room and starts beating him up! Haha

So its still mid-morning Saturday.. to be continued

Twisted.Mellow
04-04-2007, 06:32 AM
More dude!! I have all the memories in the brain, but I can't sequence 'em in order... you seem to be doin'a tidy job tho... Now we're getting to the juicy bit - where I show up :)

Hero1
04-04-2007, 06:38 AM
yep just a couple of hours away from your appearance haha i'll write more tomorrow..so much happened in 3 days its hard to fit it all in.. let me also add this..

Also on Friday: we find out jimo the promoter knows mary!! wow crazy world.. also when gigs was eatin sumthin str8 off the airport he ate a huggge burger and did it in abt 13 mins.. jimo said he couldnt finish it..he did but not the wedges ha!

Etherspin
04-04-2007, 06:49 AM
let me add ... - day 1 Ether and hero are shocked to discover.. yes.. Greg is "that cousin"

Hero1
04-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Day 2: Saturday - continued..

Okay..so now we head off to this café for breakfast.. we get some vegemite which BE has with a croissant! Giggles tries the vegemite straight never a good idea that’s probably the last vegemite he will ever have ha. We get a few BE true Hollywood stories here too..

Its about 12: 00 and we head back to the hotel where we meet chase!/ian from the forum.. then we all get in a van and head to the city.. we go to this place that does dreds.. be gets his hair done which takes a while and greg gets a hair cut..while we are waiting doc g starts writing some new rhymes in his rhymebook.
Now that took a while and then we drive further into the city and check out this b-boy comp. Be takes a seat other get some bbq and drinks and we relax and watch some of these battles..which are pretty good. Once the battles are finished pm dawn get photos with everyone.. doc g steps to the floor to show off his skills.. in the process loses everything in his pockets including his passport! Ha

From there we head back to the hotel.. in the van chase tells us how he used faith in you for some devious purposes and soon he is dubbed by doc as A.dulterer hah! We head back to the guys hotel room..be is getting ready in his room or lying down.. ether is having a shower..chase needs a tissue doc tells him to go in the bathroom chase comes back saying that its locked.. giggles says no it isn’t just push really hard.. so chase does and enters the bathroom where ether is having a shower.. giggles and I fall on the floor in hysterics.. chase comes back rather sheepishly tells the doc hes a bastard and gets a tissue from the other room.. everytime one of the hotel workers come to the door the doc pretends they’ve banged him in the head! Their reaction is priceless..

Okay now we head out to the soundcheck for the show tonight.. there is huge problems with the sound..they have these speakers at the top of the stage.. sound seems alright when the engineer/sound guys check it but BE is 6 “4! So he’s right near those speakers which are causing a lot of feedback.. the sound guys keep going with there “1, 2 .. one twooo” be tells them how come you never go “5, 8!” theres quite a few problems so at this point BE is lying on a chair with his head flung back but still managing to test the sound out with some amazing vocals! After about 40 mins to an hour of problems they decide to get someone in to fix it.. BE talks about how he doesn’t have a deep voice and they always have problems trying to get the maximum sound with be’s sweet vocals.. we head off for half an hour while they fix the sound..
We go down to st kilda and get some photos outside of luna park in Melbourne.. home of a killer rollercoaster..no seriously it’s a death trap! We get the photos and head back to the venue.. BE runs through a lot of songs.. a lot of cool stuff from jesus wept patient eyes..mann everything sounds incredible.. hearing these songs live for the first time made me realize how much they meant to me.. man be is almost gonna make me cry.. so the sound seems to be sorted and be and doc have done the soundcheck..now we head back to the hotel and then on to dinner at this nice restaurant nearby.. BE asks jimo’s girlfriend if she tastes like peaches.. ha! The dinner is awesome..we have a hell of a lot of laughs..we talk about the vegan thread BE tells us the story of the carrot that feels! And can sense a killer! The table nearby thinks outkast is in the building haha
[side note as I remember 1] I just remembered back on Friday night at 1 of the clubs..this guy got really excited when he met giggles..only problem was he thought he was lil jon! Haha gigs played along and signed the guys shirt “yeahhh! Okay” oh man that was hilarious.
Okay pm dawn get the customary kjackets and are all set for the show tonight.. we head off to club seven.. they get a nice little backroom for the performers right behind the stage.. pm dawn head out for their first show in Australia!!

They get straight into it starting with gotta be movin on up! The crowd goes nuts!! Big reaction and cheers afyter the song.. BE lets everyone know that movin on up went platinum in this country..the only place in the world to do so! Crowd go crazy again.. I think we then get into set adrift .. lots of people singing a long.. some people behind me “oh did they do that song” ha the club is packed no room to move.. the doc heads into blissenin which goes down quite nicely.. someone yells out for apathy superstar..be heads straight into it with an acapella version everyone gives him a soul clap.. the crowd give huge applause when he finishes.. a group down the front start singing reality used to be a friend of mine.. BE says he hasn’t got that one.. the guys are loving the energy! BE is smiling and enjoying himself doc g is soaking it all up as well as getting into the crowd to connect with all the fans.. they say how everyone wants to hear the boomerang song..so they do it.. start singing end of the road! The entire club starts singing along..sounds amazing.. they do patient eyes..wow this shocked me the crowd went crazy for this!! The place was jumpin everyone was clapping along to the beat.. and then I’d die without you..its hit after hit and the crowd are eatin it up!
Now its time for a little dedication faith in you to ethers girl.. wooah it’s a dope faith in you remix! Ethers on stage with the guys.. be is killing the vocal.. the club owner is pissed he wants em off stage! They were only supposed to do 15 mins.. keep going BE keep going I think..as I told him beforehand.. do you wanna hear one more? Doc says.. crowd responds! They pefrom show me! Wow this sounds great and the crowd seems to be loving it.. do you want one more? Yesss .. show promoter club owner is really pissed haha they head in to under the bridge.. this is nuts.. the entire packed club is singing along to it very loudly..and be’s voice is sounding amazing rising above it all belting out the track..its going off! They also do sometimes I miss you.. and I think they finish off with paper doll (memories hazy) the crowd give em a huge response as they leave the stage.. that was impressive!

Etherspin
04-05-2007, 07:54 PM
that dude that got giggles mixed up !!! man! Giggles just finished singing set adrift and we were gonna leave for another club but this guy puts his hand on giggles arm and leans in, dude, that was great, just do one thing for me... (giggles nods) say it .. yeeeeah, Giggles smiles and goes " Yeeeeaaah, OOOO K" takes his pen and on the guys shirt rights, YEAH, OK and underneath it an infinity symbol !!! I doubt the guy will ever figure it out tho if he thought lil Jon was singing set adrift on memory bliss!

Hero1
04-07-2007, 09:24 AM
i forgot to mention be and doc did a host of famous dogz tracks for us at the hotel including look bitch! haha

Etherspin
04-07-2007, 06:54 PM
we almost tricked them into doing every single famous dogz song hey!!! just murmured a lyric here and a lyric there and said.. oh i wonder who did that verse...

so sucked in u americans.. we saw pm dawn live (potty mouth edition) AND famous Dogz !!!!

soncheynne,plastic,apathy whole bunch of non standard stuff, fast car, under the bridge, blurry even SHAKE

Etherspin
04-07-2007, 09:11 PM
cant wait for the sunday recap Hero :D

Twisted.Mellow
04-08-2007, 06:52 AM
Neither can I... I wanna know the blow by blow... (and not the Blow Giggles is apparently adept at...) :D

Hero1
04-08-2007, 07:44 AM
Neither can I... I wanna know the blow by blow... (and not the Blow Giggles is apparently adept at...) :D

:clap::clap::clap:

Louis85
04-08-2007, 08:15 AM
Great stuff.